Yet another midget linked..

Scottish Mag

The Magpies are keen to add a striker to their squad during the New Year transfer window, with a relegation fight a very real possibility for Glenn Roeder’s struggling side.

And reports suggest they will turn their attentions to Norwich City ace Earnshaw, although the 13-goal Championship striker is playing down speculation he is a wanted man.

"I don't even think about the speculation," said Earnshaw. "I had a chat with the manager the other day and he said to me that he hoped clubs are knocking on his door about me as it means that I'm doing well.

"All I'm concentrating on is playing well and scoring goals.”

I really hope this is Bullshit as i don't rate him at all! He's shite man!

We need a LB, a replacement for Shambles and Luque (Luque's replacement should be a 'big man striker'), not yet another midget (who is far poorer than our other gang of midgets) this is so obvious i strongly suspect its bullshit.

Team after Jan hopefully: (Owen to perhaps start in March???)

Pav

Krul

Harper

Given

Car Moore New CB Baba/Bernard

Nobby Taylor Ramage New LB

Troisi Butt Pattison Zoggy + O'brien

Milner Parker Emre Duff

The Sib New Striker?

Martins Dyer

Subs

Harper/Krul

New CB

Butt or perhaps Parker?

Zoggy

New Striker?

The Sib

Edited by TOPTOON

Im sure there are better options instead of Earnie, if only in terms of height. Put simply, in January we need a cheap, tall, striker and 2 full backs, possibly 2 centre backs as well, as Moore is leaving, and Bramble may be.

I thought Moore had till the end of the season??

Yes he does but it wouldn't hurt to buy at least one in jan for two reasons:

1. If we get a defender in now, he will be fairly gelled into the squad by Feb, meaning we don't do what we normally do, and by players on deadline day meaning they don't fully intergrate with the squad until September.

2. He's injured atm, so It wouldn't hurt to have a fit defender to have one that could come into the team if Ramage/Taylor get injured or needed resting and Bramble turns to cack.

Upson has been out injured for a while now hasn't he? Is he a bit injury prone?

I hear great things about him, as far as I know though, he's only just coming back from injury and is looking for a transfer. Bad form in my opinion. He's out of contract soon(next year) and could be available for a decent fee though.

I hear great things about him, as far as I know though, he's only just coming back from injury and is looking for a transfer. Bad form in my opinion. He's out of contract soon(next year) and could be available for a decent fee though.

Are you Jesus?

In regards to Upson I think he is fairly average, injury prone and Brum showed this summer they arent a soft touch in the transfer market. They rate him as their best player and if they can sell Hesky and Pennant for about £13m then Upson wont come cheap!

Are you Jesus?

In regards to Upson I think he is fairly average, injury prone and Brum showed this summer they arent a soft touch in the transfer market. They rate him as their best player and if they can sell Hesky and Pennant for about £13m then Upson wont come cheap!

Yes.

In regards to Birmingham in the transfer market, that's a good call. Pennant was a friggin rip-off at £7mill ish.

I've not seen enough of Upson to make a fair comment on him. Initially he looked good at Arsenal when stepping in for Adams, but all I know is that he isn't the quickest.

he's pacey but he didn't look premiership class at west brom

looked like a premiership goalscorer just not a great team player.

you think? he looked poor in front of goal from what i can remember seeing of him.

you think? he looked poor in front of goal from what i can remember seeing of him.

Im sure he had a better than 1in2 record and thats not to be sniffed at playing in that side.

Im sure he had a better than 1in2 record and thats not to be sniffed at playing in that side.

really? for west brom?

that's pretty good considering he started most games from the bench

really? for west brom?

Aye something like 8 in 14 dont think that included sub appearances but from what i remember he was lucky to get 10mins off the bench!

really? for west brom?

Aye something like 8 in 14 dont think that included sub appearances but from what i remember he was lucky to get 10mins off the bench!

1 in 3 tbh, which went on to be 1 in 12 the season after.

So is Ben Haim, Distin and Neill!

I know who I would choose ;)