ESPN Classic Now

Tooj

Guest stevieintoon

Ginola, BOOOOOOOOOOO

:lol:

remember going in the crap pub in the bus station after the game and they were boo'iong Ginola when the highlights came on the tv

The Farmers was doon by then? Are you on about the George and Dragon? Very mixed crowd in there like, somewhere I used to visit every night on my way back from work as it was handy for a quick pint before the bus.

With regard to the game itself, we'd been playing shit for a while, Keegan had went mental at Blackburn two days before, slagging them all off in the paper, but what a response. I'm sure we got three in the last ten minutes, and I remember thinking if it had've went on another 10 minutes we'd have it would've been 12-1.

Spurs were so pathetic, they used to bring a laughable away following both numerically and in terms of noise, their side was shite, Sheringham and Anderton were the only decent players but they were always injured, Allan Nielsen was their BIG signing, and their shirt sponsor was PONY, so apt because they were ridiculously pony.

Guest stevieintoon

How shit was the George and Dragon btw? :lol: Remember that match well, we absolutely hammered them. It was so long ago Shearer was still pacey.

I think it had a rustic charm about it the George, well when the fuckin hippies didn't venture in off their green.

There's a youtube of the game. Just go to youtube.com put in search Newcastle Tottenham 7-1 and there's a clip for 9 minutes. I'd put the link up but I know "the powers that be" get emotional on Newcastle-Oniline when you post youtubes of football, so I'll not put it up to avoid the wrath of toontastic authorities.

Guest stevieintoon

the George and Dragon was utter shit like, but handy if waiting for a bus

the toliets in there resembled that scene on trainspotting

the worst TOILET in Newcastle

Hard to disagree with that like and the greedy cunts used to use that rough as fuck bog roll which encourages piles, well that was when some parafin hadn't dropped it doon the bog already. The used to do a good business though ye can't deny that, and the beers weren't cheap.

Just watched that youtube video and how shit is Roger Thames, as the song goes he really is a WANKER. Why pretend that he is there? It's clear an edit for the end of season video. "Newcarssel playing out of their skins here tonight." How can he say tonight, when it was a 3pm kick off. ROOOOOOOOOOGER THAMES IS A :lol: IS A :lol:

Edited by stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

The "greatest ever premierleague game" is on tonight apparently at 11. ... woohoo

First 4-3, why can't Les have scored to make it 2-4 :lol:

I was thinking about this yesterday, purely for the neutral, has there been a better game in the Premiership this season than Spurs 2 The Toon 3? Maybe there has, but I can't think of one.

That match is still painful to watch like. They had the other 4-3 against Liverpool on there before Christmas. Crap game, but worth it for Warren Barton going mental when he scores. Plus it doesn't have the misery attached to it that the first one does.

Guest stevieintoon

That match is still painful to watch like. They had the other 4-3 against Liverpool on there before Christmas. Crap game, but worth it for Warren Barton going mental when he scores. Plus it doesn't have the misery attached to it that the first one does.

My mugs on telly falling over seats when Barton scores.

I rather enjoyed the 8-0 at the start of Sir Bobby's reign myself. Watched - yes, watched - the game as it happened on Teletext, absolutely loved it. Decent watching! I was round my godparent's house and if I recall correctly it wasn't on live.

Enjoyed that 7-1 immensely too, I remember vividly watched the highlights round my grandmother's house.

Edited by Tecato