Laurent pointer for Toon

Optimistic Nut

Laurent Robert says that Oba Martins' wonder goal against Tottenham was one he would have been proud of, after reflecting on his pair of spectacular strikes against the Londoners in 2003.

Robert is well remembered for his goals against Spurs by Toon fans in a memorable 4-0 win, and believes that the goal against Martin Jol's men by Martins may just kick-start United's season.

The French winger is now with Levante in Spain's La Liga, and told the Chronicle today in an exclusive interview from his Valencia base: "It was a wonderful long-range effort and one Oba should be proud of". I have good memories of scoring against Tottenham from long range and I think this could be a similar one for him. The goal also helped Newcastle go on to win 3-2 and was an important strike. The table doesn't look too bad for Newcastle now and they can perhaps go on a good run from here. They will probably be looking at the table and thinking about the top six, but why shouldn't they aim for the fourth spot? It is still possible in my opinion for a team to put a run together and do this".

"I had the best 4 and a half years of my career in England and maybe one day I will return. When I left Benfica last season all I wanted to do was sign for an English club. The style of football is exciting and Oba will enjoy it."

"Kieron coming back into the team in the last month or so is a big thing for Newcastle. He has plenty of pace and can come up with goals as well. It would be great to see them finish the season on a high".

Nice to see he still carries an interest in us.

Why? He was obviously contacted by the Chronicle and just answered their questions. I doubt he's the type of bloke to ring them and go, "oooo, Mr Oliver, let me comment about Oba".

Pathetic tbh.

The bloke himself in a nutshell imo.

Why? He was obviously contacted by the Chronicle and just answered their questions. I doubt he's the type of bloke to ring them and go, "oooo, Mr Oliver, let me comment about Oba".

Pathetic tbh.

Aye, I don't think he and Oliver are best of mates yet after the barrage of 2 ratings he got.

:lol: u r mint lol

He's blatantly put out this feeble praise in an attempt to angle a move back here when his contract is up. Not in your wildest dreams mate.

Sorry Laurent, but the fact that you have been passed from pillar to post since you left here shows that you are shit. Unlucky.

Edited by Sima

:lol: u r mint lol

He's blatantly put out this feeble praise in an attempt to angle a move back here when his contract is up

Sorry Laurent, but the fact that you have been passed from pillar to post since you left here shows that you are shit, unlucky.

I agree but what's that got to do with me confessing my love for you?

Franz Carr is also on the Chronicle website commenting on Oba. Blatently angling for some sort of behind the scenes job here.

I couldn't give a fuck what him or Robert think tbh. Sima's right though, one cracking strike and it's all OMG FUTURE NUFC LEGEND! etc.

When Oba scores a good goal against Sheff Wed in the future, I'm sure he'll be dug up from somewhere.

I'd much rather they spoke to Daniel Cordone about Spurs tbh.

Wolfman :lol:

Only allowed to play that match after having his welded together earrings surgically removed iirc.

haha, that's some pretty useless knowledge there, well played.

Kudos on the memory though

:lol: Cheers, there was an article about it in the Chronicle at the time iirc. For some reason his earrings were welded together so he couldn't take them out. Slow news day at Thompson House.