Home toon debacles

Guest stevieintoon

Was that the Ian Woan game?

Aye the cunt. He liked the toon as well, he admitted after he retired. He said he was gutted when he equalised after that 1-1 that basically bollocksed our title hopes.

That was the last time we lost at home in the cup(before last night) wasn't it, when Woan scored? I was at the Forest away game (I was at Uni just down the road then) when we drew 1-1 and he scored. To be fair to him he barely celebrated and it was a screamer.

Guest stevieintoon

Aye the cunt. He liked the toon as well, he admitted after he retired. He said he was gutted when he equalised after that 1-1 that basically bollocksed our title hopes.

That was the last time we lost at home in the cup(before last night) wasn't it, when Woan scored? I was at the Forest away game (I was at Uni just down the road then) when we drew 1-1 and he scored. To be fair to him he barely celebrated and it was a screamer.

Did the dippers not beat us 2-0 or 2-1 when Dalglish was our manager? Seem to remember McManaman scored a beauty in off the post, might've been the League Cup mind, must've been cos KD took us to the FAC Final.

4-4 v Troyes - we got a handy 1-1 draw in France to come back and capitulate. Sure we got it back to 4-4 but it might as well have stayed at 1-4 for the good the away goals did us.

That game was absolutely superb. Shame we got knocked out, but in hindsight i'm glad we were able to fully concentrate on getting 4th spot that season.

Hmm, I actually think the UEFA Cup was there for the taking that year. Was the final not between Borussia Dortmund & Feyenoord that year? Think we could have won that.

Guest stevieintoon

4-4 v Troyes - we got a handy 1-1 draw in France to come back and capitulate. Sure we got it back to 4-4 but it might as well have stayed at 1-4 for the good the away goals did us.

That game was absolutely superb. Shame we got knocked out, but in hindsight i'm glad we were able to fully concentrate on getting 4th spot that season.

Hmm, I actually think the UEFA Cup was there for the taking that year. Was the final not between Borussia Dortmund & Feyenoord that year? Think we could have won that.

Aye and Tomasson was beyond doubt their star player. :rolleyes:

Aye and Tomasson was beyond doubt their star player. :rolleyes:

Might be wrong but I think he was partnered by van Hooydonk as well that night. It was the same in 1994-5 when we finished 6th. Almost every single season since then, the team that's finished 6th in the league has qualified for Europe. Just think, if only Man U had beaten Everton at Wembley, we'd have been in that, probably been the strongest team in it by a mile going into the 1995-6 season, and the momentum of winning in Europe might have spilled over into our stuttering league campaign come March time and we'd have won a double. :rolleyes:

Too many to mention:

Bournmouth in the cup in 1992

Charlton at home when we led 3-0 and lost

Chester - losing 2-0 and Ian Rush scored

We got hammered by Liverpool on telly 4-0 and Steve Nichol scored a hattrick. I was stood in piss from the overflowing portaloos when they were building the Milburn Stand.

Partizan Belgrade wasnt embarrasing but it was (if you know what I mean)

Wimbledon in the cup when Mirandihna kicked Beasant up the arse and me dad nearly had a fight with Bobby Gould.(we used to stand next to the away dugout)

Guest stevieintoon

Too many to mention:

Bournmouth in the cup in 1992

Charlton at home when we led 3-0 and lost

Chester - losing 2-0 and Ian Rush scored

We got hammered by Liverpool on telly 4-0 and Steve Nichol scored a hattrick. I was stood in piss from the overflowing portaloos when they were building the Milburn Stand.

Partizan Belgrade wasnt embarrasing but it was (if you know what I mean)

Wimbledon in the cup when Mirandihna kicked Beasant up the arse and me dad nearly had a fight with Bobby Gould.(we used to stand next to the away dugout)

Aye :rolleyes: Watford and fuckin Luton stood between us and a place in the 1988 FA Cup Final, if only we had the guts to stand up to them, because they were shit ability wise.

Did we not lose at home on penalties to Chelsea the year after the Forest game? Might be wrong like, and it could have been Carling Cup. Not totally sure.

Edited by JJ

Guest stevieintoon

Did we not lose at home on penalties to Chelsea the year after the Forest game? Might be wrong like, and it could have been Carling Cup. Not totally sure.

We lost on pens the year we should've won the league i.e year before Forest. Dennis Wise put one right in the stanchion.