Sunday Gossip Column.

menace13

I'd definitely go for that. £7m for a player that was an unneeded luxury when we bought him and has turned out to be a non-playing disappointment since we did, is a fantastic deal. Go for it Fred.

so you're happy with just 1 winger then?

and confident the next players through the door won't be crock's or expensive flops?

seriously, it's hard enough to get players who want to be here, where is the logic in letting one leave after 1 year?

so you're happy with just 1 winger then?

No I wouldn't be happy with one winger, but that isn't the situation we'd be left in, we have a number of players who can play on the left: Milner (yes he can), O'Brien (yes he's young, but so's the rest of the team), Zoggy (injured, but will be back), Luque even. :rolleyes:

and confident the next players through the door won't be crock's or expensive flops?

And that's different from Duff in what way?

seriously, it's hard enough to get players who want to be here, where is the logic in letting one leave after 1 year?

Yeah, I agree - you know I do - I've always said our transfer policy is completely wrong and we should be going for less trophy signings and more decent long-term value for money prospects. But, I think Duff was a mistake, I said so at the time, an over-rated, expensive (including wages) trophy signing in a position which was our least weak, and it's turned out that he's been injured most of the season and when he has got on the pitch he's not even been as good as I thought he would be. If we've now got a chance to undo that mistake and flog him to Spurs - he'd turn out to be the next JJ, mark my words - I think we should take it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink:

:rolleyes:

I know what you mean about having a limited squad. I would like to see him stay and play well, but tbh I had forgotten about him until the other day when the BBC showed a side with the crocks missing. If we can get £7m for him, IMO we should get rid and put the money to use in much needed areas.

and what exactly are those areas?

positions where in the past we had perfectly fucking adequate players until they were sold for a bastard pittance

seriously? no one sees a link between this revolving door policy and our shit squad profile?

Left back, Right back and Centre backs

Havent you seen our defence recently? "Fucking adequate players?" Like whom in our defence has been adequate since Woody?

Would even argue Woodgate wasn't adequate, more than enough quality but we couldn't afford to keep a defender who played so little.

Aye but when he did play he was more than adequate, I for one was with FFS on the selling of him at the pricee when it came in because of his horendous (sp) injuries

so now he's playing in the Premiership and we have Ramage

would he even have reached the end of his contract with us by now?

So we should have kept him here injured for all that time when we had the chance to get our money back and let someone else take the risk?

risk?

his replacements were Boumshit and Moore

Aye risk, you know wages and him possibly never playing again or rarely playing?

right, so the loss on boumshit and moores wages totals less than the risk of paying woodgate through injury

you're not gettin it are you?

do you have ANY confidence that NUFC has ever sold an adequate player and bought a better player for the same position?

most of our successes (if you can call them that) are by total fucking accident, and have had nothing to do with 'using money wisely'

Isn't that the argument NE5/Leases and HTL use for keeping Fred?

I think its you who isnt getting it mate.

Duff isnt needed IMO as we have adequate cover. We could use the money which is a lot for someone who, like I say has been ineffective and injured a lot this season, on bolstering our defence. Not to mention what Duff will be on wages etc, surley it makes business sense to make a profit and at the end of the day,that is what NUFC are.

We seriousley need to sort our defence out and using the Duff money wisely by Roeder then we can start to plug the MASSIVE void that we have been crying out for, for many, many seasons and start thinking bout FA & League cups?

:rolleyes: If we kept Woodgate it wouldnt have made ANY difference, apart from if we tried to sell him further on down the line we would have more than likely got a hell of a lot less for him!

By your theory we shouldn't get rid of Duff but also shouldn't try and sign anyone else because we always sign shit players! I like it :blink:

:rolleyes: If we kept Woodgate it wouldnt have made ANY difference, apart from if we tried to sell him further on down the line we would have more than likely got a hell of a lot less for him!

By your theory we shouldn't get rid of Duff but also shouldn't try and sign anyone else because we always sign shit players! I like it :blink:

Perhaps we wouldn't have pressured him to make such a quick return like Madrid did thus causing him to breakdown time after time. :blink:

Perhaps we wouldn't have pressured him to make such a quick return like Madrid did thus causing him to breakdown time after time. :blink:

:blink: Im sure we would. Its not like he was injury free before he came to us anyway he has always been and im pretty sure always will be injury prone.

right so when we've had £7m at our disposal the team has always got better?

there is a reason why there has been a 'massive void' for years, and it has fuck all to do with not profitting from unused players

So we shouldn't sign players anymore because its not worth it?

there is a reason why there has been a 'massive void' for years, and it has fuck all to do with not profitting from unused players

basically yes, we're shit, and it's not down to the current players

Yes, its due to us not buying well.

Your saying keep hold of Duff because we need cover, fair enough. Ask yourself, how badly have we missed him compared to us missing Given? Not a lot at all.

Duff, like has been said isnt needed if £7m is on the table, if £7m isnt on the table then keep him? We need the money to buy players in key positions.

Who the fuck is it down to then? Man you are one herion smacked up freak mate.

o'brien is just another prospect, who given a couple of shit games will be being hounded out the door aswell

Hehe I must admit I await the XXXX is shit get rid and don't play him threads. :rolleyes:

its due to us not buying well.

{irrelevent crap}

We need the money to buy players in key positions.

but you still don't get it

the chairman and the management

Arsene Wenger has no plans to spend anything in January, but by their standards they are doing shite at the moment

any idea why that is?

Arsene Wenger has no plans to spend anything in January, but by their standards they are doing shite at the moment

any idea why that is?

Oh silly me, no wonder we are shit when FFS runs up and down the pitch week in week out!!

Arsenal are doing shit? Well maybe by past standards aye, but so are Chelsea, yet they are in 4 comps still, oh and so are Arsenal?

Wenger doesnt need to spend at the moment, we do!

No point in putting {irrelevant crap} shite anyway, I know I am right and most people do also who have read you pointless blinkerd utter fucking bollocks!

We need to spend cash on the defence its quite utterly simple. If we can sell Duff to finance this well go for it! He isnt needed as much as defenders that is all I am saying. If on the other hand he was playing week in week out and playing well then I would say no, but thats all if's. If you had a brain I wouldnt be trying to explain to you this would I?

any idea why that is?

Oh silly me, no wonder we are shit when FFS runs up and down the pitch week in week out!!

Arsenal are doing shit? Well maybe by past standards aye, but so are Chelsea, yet they are in 4 comps still, oh and so are Arsenal?

Wenger doesnt need to spend at the moment, we do!

No point in putting {irrelevant crap} shite anyway, I know I am right and most people do also who have read you pointless blinkerd utter fucking bollocks!

We need to spend cash on the defence its quite utterly simple. If we can sell Duff to finance this well go for it! He isnt needed as much as defenders that is all I am saying. If on the other hand he was playing week in week out and playing well then I would say no, but thats all if's. If you had a brain I wouldnt be trying to explain to you this would I?

no need to resort to childish insults you daft twat

not my fault you can't see what's infront of your nose

the defence has been shite FOR YEARS!!! has spending money gained from selling players we didnt need to sell SOLVED THAT PROBLEM????

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you speak for everyone else do you? Some kind of fucking mind reader are you?

At the risk of getting jumped up and down on I'm gonna say if it was down to me, I'd flog duff and take the cash, We need to address the back 4 badly

Have we missed Duff this season? not really no

Have we missed a Decent Defence this season...and the last...and the one before that (and I'm not saying a single signing a decent defence makes but...we gotta start somewhere)

Lets get a decent signing in at CB, I'd be happy with an older experienced player so the younger lads had someone around them and go from there get a few seasons out of him and lets see where the likes of Taylor and the other lads are going from there

Theres no need to do knee jerk signings, look at where its got us in the past

I'd thrash 5m on Upson infact I'd go all the way to 7m if the fat man in the poorely fitting suit would pay it :rolleyes:

If we signed Upson then we would be pissing the money away, especially for £7m!

We could and have done alot worse

Who would you suggest?

He is injury prone and really quite average. Well I would love Leighton Baines if we go for a left back. Curtis Davies for a centre back but im not sure we could get him for £7m. Bridge if we could persuade Chelsea. Would take Distin over Upson aswell.

If we signed Upson then we would be pissing the money away, especially for £7m!

We could and have done alot worse

Who would you suggest?

He is injury prone and really quite average. Well I would love Leighton Baines if we go for a left back. Curtis Davies for a centre back but im not sure we could get him for £7m. Bridge if we could persuade Chelsea. Would take Distin over Upson aswell.

Baines would be good but we need someome to organise the defence and LB/RB dont usually do that, thats down to a CB (or a goalie I hear you cry) however I just dont see Chelsea letting go of Bridge and I'm not convinced with Davies to be honest

still each to their own I suppose :rolleyes:

Baines would be a great buy, but he'd pretty much have his pick of clubs should he want to leave Wigan I'd imagine. Don't think we're in a position to offer silly wages anymore. :rolleyes:

There you go again Brock. :blink: