Tuxedos

Ally

Going to a black tie thing in a few weeks, but need to buy myself a Tux.

Was thinking of hiring one like I have in the past, but £40 odd pound for one night is a bit daft considering I could buy one and use it countless times.

Anyone know any relatively cheap places to get them from? Not bothered about getting anything stupidly pricey from Armani or anything, just a bog standard one!

Cheers. <_<

I hired one for my prom from a shop in the Metro-Centre called Suit's For You. cost bout £35 quid or summit just for 3 days even though I collected it the day before the prom and then took it back the day after the prom.

Edited by Magma

Don't bother hiring one, you can get a George one from Asda for £49.00

You could wear it twice and chuck it in the bin and it would still work out better value than a hired one. My brother got one before Christmas, they look alright.

Great stuff cheers, i'll pop down and have a look.

That was my exact thinking with the hired one, and if you get any stains on it you'll probably have to pay a fine or something on top. If you stain a cheap bought one, as you say, it can just be binned.

Mint. <_<

Don't bother hiring one, you can get a George one from Asda for £49.00

You could wear it twice and chuck it in the bin and it would still work out better value than a hired one. My brother got one before Christmas, they look alright.

Great stuff cheers, i'll pop down and have a look.

That was my exact thinking with the hired one, and if you get any stains on it you'll probably have to pay a fine or something on top. If you stain a cheap bought one, as you say, it can just be binned.

Mint. <_<

No worries. They do a similary priced one at Matalan, but that looks like a cheap suit.

Black Tie events usually means us Scots go dressed in our Kilts. Can be around £90 to hire or £650+ to purchase..

How much?!! <_<

I`m looking at spending at least about £700-£800 on my kilt etc for my wedding...

I could be totally wrong here, so excuse my ignorance and all that, but is that because there's loads of different clans and stuff?

Black Tie events usually means us Scots go dressed in our Kilts. Can be around £90 to hire or £650+ to purchase..

How much?!! <_<

I`m looking at spending at least about £700-£800 on my kilt etc for my wedding...

I could be totally wrong here, so excuse my ignorance and all that, but is that because there's loads of different clans and stuff?

it's because they're made in wee stone cottages in the highlands