15827 minutes and still going strong

peasepud

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a box at work for the first time in months today. :lol:I'm just going to keep smoking until the ban tbh.

Exactly what I thought before they introduced the smoking ban up here in Scotland, and damn it, I'm still smoking...although to be honest, I've not drummed up the willpower yet to quit. But quit I must, it's done way too much damage to my life, my health and my bank balance and it's just damn crazy carrying on.

Hats off to the quitters in this thread. Keep going. I hope to join you in a couple of months.

I bought a box at work for the first time in months today. :lol:I'm just going to keep smoking until the ban tbh.

Exactly what I thought before they introduced the smoking ban up here in Scotland, and damn it, I'm still smoking...although to be honest, I've not drummed up the willpower yet to quit. But quit I must, it's done way too much damage to my life, my health and my bank balance and it's just damn crazy carrying on.

Hats off to the quitters in this thread. Keep going. I hope to join you in a couple of months.

Do it when you've thought about it for a bit and set a date. Have other stuff ready to fill the void..For me that would include grapes, fruit, sweets, gum etc..

One day at a time. :lol:

Ahrrrrrrrrr, these things just remind me I NEED TO QUIT, which I've tried to do too many times. Fuck it I enjoy my tabs, if they kill me, so be it. Good look to the oppressed in their fight, me... lights another one.

*weeps*

You'll quit one day.

Ahrrrrrrrrr, these things just remind me I NEED TO QUIT, which I've tried to do too many times. Fuck it I enjoy my tabs, if they kill me, so be it. Good look to the oppressed in their fight, me... lights another one.

*weeps*

You'll quit one day.

When I'm dead, I've tried hundreds of times, once going 6 weeks and I always end up back on them, often after a night out. And why do smokers smoke twice as many when out on the piss? I've resigned myself to being a smoker for the rest of my life, everyone I know smokes, I enjoy a tab and when I'm out on the drink...

When I'm dead, I've tried hundreds of times, once going 6 weeks and I always end up back on them, often after a night out. And why do smokers smoke twice as many when out on the piss? I've resigned myself to being a smoker for the rest of my life, everyone I know smokes, I enjoy a tab and when I'm out on the drink...

Arrrrggghhhh!

*covers eyes*

Im not reading, Im not reading...smoking is bad, smoking is not good, I dont want to smoke......

What I want to know from those mega never smoked for donkies giver uppers, do you ever crave one these days? A mate of mine gave up and hasn't had one for a year, says after about 6 months the cravings stopped and he said that's the key to quitting, to get past the craving stage because once clear, you stop craving. But I've heard how people go back on after like 3 years without one. The cravings do it for me like, the first 24 hours is the worst, then leaving the house, then watching others, then going out drinking. They should just ban tabs, that would make me stop. Bastards.

Edited by Howaythetoon

What I want to know from those mega never smoked for donkies giver uppers, do you ever crave one these days? A mate of mine gave up and hasn't had one for a year, says after about 6 months the cravings stopped and he said that's the key to quitting, to get past the craving stage because once clear, you stop craving. But I've heard how people go back on after like 3 years without one. The cravings do it for me like, the first 24 hours is the worst, then leaving the house, then watching others, then going out drinking. They should just ban tabs, that would make me stop. Bastards.

It never really leaves you mate, I once gave up for nearly 8 years! before lighting one for someone and ending up smoking the pack.

Guest Toplass-101

It never really leaves you mate, I once gave up for nearly 8 years! before lighting one for someone and ending up smoking the pack.

Keep it up Pud ya doing well :lol:

and leave the emergency pack in the kitchen drawer this time! :lol:

Emergency pack!! Hadn't thought of that.

8 years? Fuck me I thought after a good while, it leaves your system for good and only something daft gets you back on them, like stress or something. So it is like alcoholism then. You see with me, I'd always be tempted and have no will power, not strong enough to resist the urges anyway. Good luck though, it seems reading this that this is no whim so I think that could be half the battle, seems you're quitting for good reasons and not because hey, it's the new year like I always say to myself. :lol:

Guest Toplass-101

Project workers man, they think over everything and their contingency plan too.

8 years? Fuck me I thought after a good while, it leaves your system for good and only something daft gets you back on them, like stress or something. So it is like alcoholism then. You see with me, I'd always be tempted and have no will power, not strong enough to resist the urges anyway. Good luck though, it seems reading this that this is no whim so I think that could be half the battle, seems you're quitting for good reasons and not because hey, it's the new year like I always say to myself. :lol:

I really enjoy smoking and I'm not the type to go around saying it's a stupid habit etc...But really at the end of the day enough was enough and if it takes 8 years to go back...I'll take that!!

Thank god I didn't think of that would have smoked them tonight for sure. Maltesers seem to be doing the trick.

I really enjoy smoking and I'm not the type to go around saying it's a stupid habit etc...But really at the end of the day enough was enough and if it takes 8 years to go back...I'll take that!!

I'd take a year tab free, it would I know do me the world of good, I am naturally fit or full of energy but I've noticed as I get older that is on the wane. Today if I play football it takes me 20 minutes to get over the whole, my face is beetroot read, I'm sweating like fuck and about to keal over at any minute, smoke related unfit thing. After that though I can run about all day, oddly enough.

As ever though it's having the will power to stay off them and all the crap inbetween, I've been there a hundred times and I don't like it. One day I keep saying, one day. :lol:

I'd take a year tab free, it would I know do me the world of good, I am naturally fit or full of energy but I've noticed as I get older that is on the wane. Today if I play football it takes me 20 minutes to get over the whole, my face is beetroot read, I'm sweating like fuck and about to keal over at any minute, smoke related unfit thing. After that though I can run about all day, oddly enough.

As ever though it's having the will power to stay off them and all the crap inbetween, I've been there a hundred times and I don't like it. One day I keep saying, one day. :lol:

I think if you stop for a week, the craving can only then be in the mind. All the associations of 'good times', the fag after the meal etc..

Atm I'm still fantasizing about special moments when I can allow myself 'one cigarette'...So clearly the mental battle isn't won.

I think if you stop for a week, the craving can only then be in the mind. All the associations of 'good times', the fag after the meal etc..

Atm I'm still fantasizing about special moments when I can allow myself 'one cigarette'...So clearly the mental battle isn't won.

Do you know what I love? That first tab in the morning along with a cup off coffee, sleep was invented for that man. Ahhhh, bliss.

8 years? Fuck me I thought after a good while, it leaves your system for good and only something daft gets you back on them, like stress or something. So it is like alcoholism then. You see with me, I'd always be tempted and have no will power, not strong enough to resist the urges anyway. Good luck though, it seems reading this that this is no whim so I think that could be half the battle, seems you're quitting for good reasons and not because hey, it's the new year like I always say to myself. :unsure:

Do you know what I love? That first tab in the morning along with a cup off coffee, sleep was invented for that man. Ahhhh, bliss.

I hear you. That 10-15 min with the radio softly in the background, sunlight flickering on the mug...The first two or three long drags...

You're not really helping here.. :lol:

8 years? Fuck me I thought after a good while, it leaves your system for good and only something daft gets you back on them, like stress or something. So it is like alcoholism then. You see with me, I'd always be tempted and have no will power, not strong enough to resist the urges anyway. Good luck though, it seems reading this that this is no whim so I think that could be half the battle, seems you're quitting for good reasons and not because hey, it's the new year like I always say to myself. :up:

As ever though it's having the will power to stay off them and all the crap inbetween, I've been there a hundred times and I don't like it. One day I keep saying, one day. :angry:

I hear you. That 10-15 min with the radio softly in the background, sunlight flickering on the mug...The first two or three long drags...

You're not really helping here.. :blink:

Smoking seems to have done you some good, you can quote correctly :P

Another thing about the tabs, when you haven't had one for ages and you.... I'll stop.

i9f there was anyone in the entire freekin universe that I thought would be immune to the whole nictotine global conspiracy, it was parky

let down, is how I feel tbh.

Freeking fucking vic-robots in disguise gimme a fix of nocotine

Guest Patrokles

Keep it up Pud ya doing well :blink:

and leave the emergency pack in the kitchen drawer this time! :P

Thank god I didn't think of that would have smoked them tonight for sure. Maltesers seem to be doing the trick.

Doesn't the chocolate melt when you light them?

i9f there was anyone in the entire freekin universe that I thought would be immune to the whole nictotine global conspiracy, it was parky

let down, is how I feel tbh.

But I'm giving up Vic.