Dyer included in England squad

Jimbo

Half those players shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, including our own Parker based on form, this is one of the reasons why we keep failing, unimaginative selection policy. I'd love to see an England manager drop all the big names and past squad regulars and call up a load of players based on their club form and say right, there you go, see what you can do. It wouldn't half be exciting and different and may throw up a gem or two. No doubt the media would kick up a fuss about devaluing the cap though.

Can I ask something, and I know what comments I'll get about the whole Chelsea love thing....

How come people moan on and on about only picking form players, but then claim that Lampard shouldn't be in there? As THE top English midfielder in the country (on form) shouldn't he automatically be in?

Or is it based on form for England? If so, you can't claim that people like Parker shouldn't be in there.

By the way, if you call up a load of players based on their club form, it'll be Gerrard and Lampard in centre mid. Anyone think that's ok?

Guest Patrokles

Half those players shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, including our own Parker based on form, this is one of the reasons why we keep failing, unimaginative selection policy. I'd love to see an England manager drop all the big names and past squad regulars and call up a load of players based on their club form and say right, there you go, see what you can do. It wouldn't half be exciting and different and may throw up a gem or two. No doubt the media would kick up a fuss about devaluing the cap though.

Can I ask something, and I know what comments I'll get about the whole Chelsea love thing....

How come people moan on and on about only picking form players, but then claim that Lampard shouldn't be in there? As THE top English midfielder in the country (on form) shouldn't he automatically be in?

Or is it based on form for England? If so, you can't claim that people like Parker shouldn't be in there.

By the way, if you call up a load of players based on their club form, it'll be Gerrard and Lampard in centre mid. Anyone think that's ok?

Definitely not. Needs Gerrard and anyone but Frank. :blink: