World Best Ever Team

MattM4

If ever there was a cliché thread topic for a footie forum this is it.

I was messing about on Pro Evo the other day putting together a World Stars team, having now unlocked all classic players on it. This is what I came up with:

Banks

???? - Moore © - Baresi

Beckenbauer

Best - Pele - Maradona - Cruyff

Van Basten - Muller

and a whole bunch of subs: Yashin, Schmeichel, Zoff, Adams, Blanc, Desailly, Matthaus, Shearer, Ronaldo, Zidane, Cantona, Papin, Gazza, B. Charlton, Zico, Garrincha, Maldini, Keegan, Baggio, Romario, Gullit, Rijkaard, Klinsmann, Platini, DI Stefano, Puskas, Eusebio, Di Stefano ...

So where are the blatant errors?

Edited by MattM4

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was messing about on Pro Evo the other day putting together a World Stars team, having now unlocked all classic players on it. This is what I came up with:

Banks

???? - Moore © - Baresi

Beckenbauer

Van Basten - ????

and a whole bunch of subs: Yashin, Schmeichel, Zoff, Adams, Blanc, Desailly, Matthaus, Shearer, Ronaldo, Zidane, Cantona, Papin, Gazza, B. Charlton, Zico, Garrincha, Maldini, Keegan, Baggio, Romario, Puskas ...

craig moore at centre half :D

:gettin:

Banks

???? - Moore © - Baresi

Beckenbauer

Van Basten - ????

and a whole bunch of subs: Yashin, Schmeichel, Zoff, Adams, Blanc, Desailly, Matthaus, Shearer, Ronaldo, Zidane, Cantona, Papin, Gazza, B. Charlton, Zico, Garrincha, Maldini, Keegan, Baggio, Romario, Puskas ...

The same Adams who was raped by the Dutch and the Soviets in Euro 88, his only international tournament?

Banks

???? - Moore © - Baresi

Beckenbauer

Van Basten - ????

Schmeichal starts ahead of Banks, Garrincha starts ahead of Best.

Banks

???? - Moore © - Baresi

Beckenbauer

Van Basten - ????

:D

As good as Shearer was, he's got no right to be in that list ahead of Gerd Muller.

I'd have Muller on the bench too. Shearer was as good as him-it's only his medal collection that would beg to differ

68 Goals in 62 Games for W Germany is a major factor as well and the highest WC goalscorer until Ronaldo overtook him last year.

427 Games 365 Goals for B Munich as well

Shearer isn't really in the same league tbh

Edited by Sima

As good as Shearer was, he's got no right to be in that list ahead of Gerd Muller.

I'd have Muller on the bench too. Shearer was as good as him-it's only his medal collection that would beg to differ

And his goal record. :D

I'd have Romario ahead of Van Basten as well.

Nah, Marco had everything. Probably the only out and out striker that was better than Muller IMO

Oh and another glaring omission on Matt's list. Gullit was miles better than Keegan. Where the holy fuck is Rijkaard as well?

Edited by Sima

Nah, Marco had everything. Probably the only out and out striker that was better than Muller IMO

I think Marco was a better all round player don't get me wrong, I've just never seen any player who could finish like Romario.

68 Goals in 62 Games for W Germany is a major factor as well and the highest WC goalscorer until Ronaldo overtook him last year.

Muller played for Bayern Munich and West Germany

Shearer played for Newcastle United and England

Compare the achievements of the teams over their respective playing periods and tell me which ones it was easier to score for fun in.

Oh and another glaring omission on Matt's list. Gullit was miles better than Keegan. Where the holy fuck is Rijkaard as well?

The complete striker. Agree re: Rijkard too, class player. Also, has no one mentioned Platini? Better than Zidane imo.

Compare the achievements of the teams over their respective playing periods and tell me which ones it was easier to score for fun in.

Look at what Bayern Munich were before Muller joined them.

The complete striker. Agree re: Rijkard too, class player. Also, has no one mentioned Platini? Better than Zidane imo.

Definitely a case of deciding who would partner Van Basten tbf.

And Beckenbauer

And Beckenbauer

Beckenbauer has said in the past Bayern would have been nowhere without Muller.

Easier to score in? If you're using that logic it was probably harder for Heskey to score for Leicester than Shearer to score for Newcastle

Ergo Heskey > Shearer > Muller?