The Budget

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Don't lower paid people getting working tax credits though? And then there's the minimum wage. I can see why people would be pissed off with the latest budget but imo poorer people are much better off than they would have been under a tory government, let's not forget that.

Abstaining from voting is effectively a vote for the tory scum: FACT.

Don't lower paid people getting working tax credits though? And then there's the minimum wage. I can see why people would be pissed off with the latest budget but imo poorer people are much better off than they would have been under a tory government, let's not forget that.

How do you work that one out. Given I live in an area with a massive Labour majority and if I did have to vote I wouldn't (currently) vote Labour anyway. Plus, Byers is fucking scum anyway.

How do you work that one out. Given I live in an area with a massive Labour majority and if I did have to vote I wouldn't (currently) vote Labour anyway. Plus, Byers is fucking scum anyway.

Aye, well, that maybe true in your case but I fear the tories will get in next time partly through voter apathy. Then we'll see how low paid workers feel about it. People have short memories imo, there is a difference between the parties and Labour is definitely the lesser of the two evils.

Not arguing with that but rather with the idea you must vote etc. When they actually make me want to vote for them I will. Until then I'm abstaining.

Edit: Or if they change the ridiculously undemocratic 'first past the post' system we have for General Elections in the UK.

Edited by alex

Thing is, the main parties are too similar to each other, I end up not voting at all.

Agreed.

The problem is that there is just not enough money in the pot for everything that is required to do, and people don't want to be taxed any more as the majority are living beyond their means and need as much money in their pocket as possible.

I would love to vote Liberal - as they are the only ones who state they will tax us more to pay for NHS etc - but I just can't stand the sight of them!!!!

As Sweet sang, '...haven't got a clue WHAAAT to do!' regarding my vote.

Not arguing with that but rather with the idea you must vote etc. When they actually make me want to vote for them I will. Until then I'm abstaining.

Edit: Or if they change the ridiculously undemocratic 'first past the post' system we have for General Elections in the UK.

Proportional representation would be the only fair way of doing it but would it lead to a coalition presently? Sounds like it wouldn't stop you from abstaining either. <_<

Easy Tiger! Makes note to twat any little baldy blokes he see's drinking in Byker <_<

Easy Tiger! Makes note to twat any little baldy blokes he see's drinking in Byker <_<

That's me out. Hide the mirrors if you get a skinhead though :angry:

Edited by alex

I voted for the lib dems at the last election because I was sick of labour (who I had voted for the previous two times).

I'm even more sick of the government now and there is no way I'll vote for them. The liberals have gone backwards too. I am considering actually voting conservative, I don't mind Cameron <_<

Having said that, like Alex I live in an area with a big labour majority so it makes no difference in the end.

Where I am (and Renton) is classed as Tynemouth where it's basically a very close two horse race between Labour and the Tories. So basically, if you don't vote Labout you're inviting the Tories in. At the last election I was going to protest vote for the Lib Dems but changed my mind for that very reason.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Where I am (and Renton) is classed as Tynemouth where it's basically a very close two horse race between Labour and the Tories. So basically, if you don't vote Labout you're inviting the Tories in. At the last election I was going to protest vote for the Lib Dems but changed my mind for that very reason.

Correct. I'm in Whitley and in the same constituency.

The thing about this place is that the tories will get every supporter out to vote - without fail - and apathy, or dissatisfaction, will give them the seat back.

down here blue is the colour for most but not me.

i vote green, primarilly because i can't be arsed with the me too politics of the big 2/3. and i am green (not physically but i do lots of eco friendly things).

one thing i would say is gordon brown is a shrewd fucker. the soundbite on the income tax is pretty fucking clever for people that earn reasonable, though not excessive wages. the rest ain't all that hot though.

Edited by canofbeans