Has Souey learnt?

Toon_Crazy

Has Graeme Souness learnt that in football you need width to your team, in his other jobs he has never had attacking wingers just whingers! So now with Luque who is an attacking winger on the left and strong links of Solano returning on the right wing, has he cracked it? :stars:

He's proving he's got an eye for talent and won't settle for average players, so well done to the man. That's one thing I don't understand about Raffa. He's done a good job with Liverpool and seems like the right guy for the job, but I'd have thought as Champions of Europe they'd expect to settle for something better. They have brought in Crouch and Zenden and Benitez has been interested in Giannokopoulos, who at 31 is a bit surprising. Also there's the case of Solano not being as young and it would seem a more realistic thing for a team like Bolton to be after him.

He's proving he's got an eye for talent and won't settle for average players, so well done to the man. That's one thing I don't understand about Raffa. He's  done a good job with Liverpool and seems like the right guy for the job, but I'd have thought as Champions of Europe they'd expect to settle for something better. They have brought in Crouch and Zenden and Benitez has been interested in Giannokopoulos, who at 31 is a bit surprising. Also there's the case of Solano not being as young and it would seem a more realistic thing for a team like Bolton to be after him.

23589[/snapback]

To be fair we've gone for Owen, Figo, Mexes and Milito - all have been priced out. And Reina, Crouch and Sissoko are good signings IMO and Zenden is decent. Also Rafa's philosophy has always been the team ; the collective. He's not one for stars or crowd favourites and infact his first deed at Valencia was to sell favourites Claudio Lopez and Mendieta.

As for Souness, think you're being a little unfair considering Blackburn played with Duff and Davey Thompson on the wings.

He's proving he's got an eye for talent and won't settle for average players, so well done to the man.

Its not difficult to spot the talent in a player like Michael Owen though is it? Come on man, he has been given 45 MILLION to spend, any manager in the world could get good players with that type of cash. Good managers can spot talent without paying a fortune for it - Wenger being the classic example.

And he's still managed to sign a couple of knackers as well.

If you want to give Souness credit then do so when he proves he can do it where it counts - on the pitch. If the past year is anything to go by on, you will have a long wait.

He's proving he's got an eye for talent and won't settle for average players, so well done to the man. That's one thing I don't understand about Raffa. He's  done a good job with Liverpool and seems like the right guy for the job, but I'd have thought as Champions of Europe they'd expect to settle for something better. They have brought in Crouch and Zenden and Benitez has been interested in Giannokopoulos, who at 31 is a bit surprising. Also there's the case of Solano not being as young and it would seem a more realistic thing for a team like Bolton to be after him.

23589[/snapback]

To be fair we've gone for Owen, Figo, Mexes and Milito - all have been priced out. And Reina, Crouch and Sissoko are good signings IMO and Zenden is decent. Also Rafa's philosophy has always been the team ; the collective. He's not one for stars or crowd favourites and infact his first deed at Valencia was to sell favourites Claudio Lopez and Mendieta.

As for Souness, think you're being a little unfair considering Blackburn played with Duff and Davey Thompson on the wings.

23612[/snapback]

and Bonera wil be a quality signing at the back

--------------------------------Owen----------Shearer--------------------------

Luque----------------------Parker--------------Emre-------------------Solano

With Bowyer, Jenas, Dyer, N'Zogbia, Milner, Ameobi & Faye in reserve!!!

*continues counting chickens*

23589[/snapback]

23612[/snapback]

Sorry, what d'you mean by the last sentence? Are you referring to average players, because Duff certainly isn't.

But yeah, you have made a good point about the players being priced out. Milito would be a good signing, and you are short of central defenders. But once Hyypia had become a regular again last year he was playing brilliantly, so he's deserved his place in the team. Personally I've never been impressed by Crouch and would have thought Benitez would be looking for a striker with more strengths to his game and pace, which he seems to lack. Again with Zenden, he hasn't proved himself but hopefully he will play to his potential. Sissoko, which I seemed to have forgotten looks to be a useful signing. As with Reina, he is a good signing, but do you need him? Carson could be a future England goalkeeper, and Dudek's heroics contributed greatly to your win in the Champion's League.

Edited by TheInspiration