I'm not excited

Howaythetoon

For a 16m player, his all round game isn't great (the reason why I believe Wenger didn't go for him). Liverpool also seem to think that he was too expensive.

But like I said before, his goals and merchandise hopefully will compensate for it.

I'm not interested in faith-based conclusions.

Ehhhh?? what you're talking about, then?!!

As I've already said you're ignoring the fact that when Liverpool sold him they risked losing him a season later for nothing. 8 million was a discounted price. You can't compare that to what we've paid if you're trying to make a realistic assessment of his value.

so how much, if he weren't in his final contract year at liverpool, do you think Madrid would have paid for him? Could it be that the only reason Real Madrid went in for him because they knew he would be available on the cheap?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so how much, if he weren't in his final contract year at liverpool, do you think Madrid would have paid for him? Could it be that the only reason Real Madrid went in for him because they knew he would be available on the cheap?

24470[/snapback]

So you admit that 8 million pounds was cheap for him? :fuk:

24470[/snapback]

So you admit that 8 million pounds was cheap for him? :fuk:

24472[/snapback]

well yeah, Owen would be a good buy for 8 million!