And after us slagging Clark off today..

Scottish Mag

I've seen quite a few half wits making decent coaches/managers, so I'd spare my judgement on Clark's ability.

Who?

Franz Beckenbauer, Berti Vogts, Lothar Matthäus.

Edited by Isegrim

I've seen quite a few half wits making decent coaches/managers, so I'd spare my judgement on Clark's ability.

Who?

Franz Beckenbauer, Berti Vogts.

Don't know much about Vogts, but Beckenbauer commands respect because of his abilities as a player, and I haven't noticed him come across as being all that stupid either.

Is Beckenbauer thick? Didn't he play a large part in getting the World Cup to Germany or did they just use him as a public figure?

The fact that he was such respected footballer means that people mostly don't take notice of what he says. He's absolutely thick and has always been. His interviews and newspaper columns are often quite absurd with him contradicting himself sometimes even in the same sentence.

The other two I mentioned are total pinheads. Didn't stop one of them giving us a tactical lesson in the Championleague though...

Can you imagine what the likes of Emre, Butt and Martins (in particular) think about how theyre coached at this club?

Slightly off topic, but just brought into my head the argument people have that Martins only needs a bit of coaching and he'll be a top top striker. Well he was an Inter first-team squad member for around 4 years alongside the likes of Crespo, Vieri, Recoba, playing under a great like Mancini. If he didn't learn how to be a striker there then what chance has he got here?!

Who else would spend the sort of money we do on playing staff and then entrust that investment to a coaching set up like ours?

It absolutely epitomises Shepherd's ineptitude. Can you imagine if we'd landed Rooney *cringe* and then exposed him to that?

Who else would spend the sort of money we do on playing staff and then entrust that investment to a coaching set up like ours?

It absolutely epitomises Shepherd's ineptitude. Can you imagine if we'd landed Rooney *cringe* and then exposed him to that?

Been mentioned before and I have to agree. The same goes for signing players like Luque (who I think people know I'm not a big fan of) then spending no time, money and effort on making sure the lad is getting settled and is as happy as he can be in a new environment. Madness.

Been mentioned before and I have to agree. The same goes for signing players like Luque (who I think people know I'm not a big fan of) then spending no time, money and effort on making sure the lad is getting settled and is as happy as he can be in a new environment. Madness.

This is another great point and has been going on for a while now. One of my old teachers used to live opposite Marcelino, and when he first arrived, the club did feck all to help him find a school for his kids which I could imagine would have been a tricky job for someone who couldn't speak English.

This is another great point and has been going on for a while now. One of my old teachers used to live opposite Marcelino, and when he first arrived, the club did feck all to help him find a school for his kids which I could imagine would have been a tricky job for someone who couldn't speak English.

Aye that's very true, it just makes sense to look after your investments like that...... however in the case of Luque and Marcelino I'm not sure any amount of that could have got them interested on the pitch.... wasn't Marcelino out for 6 months with a bad toe or finger (or hair day) or something?

Although I guess coming from Spain to the North East could be a bit of a shock, but in the end you get on an do your job, even if you hate the place it is at (and a lot of people do that for a lot less money and jobs intrinsically more shit than playing football).