McCall: Warnock's last match

khay

Stuart McCall believes Neil Warnock has taken charge of his final match for Sheffield United.

The Blades were relegated from Premiership on Sunday following a 2-1 home defeat to Wigan and much speculation surrounds the future of their long-serving boss.

Warnock has spent seven-and-a-half years at the Bramall Lane helm but talks over a new two-year contract have been protracted.

Warnock controversially turned down an offer from The Blades prior to his team's match against The Latics and United assistant McCall admits he would not be surprised to see his manager leave.

"Neil (Warnock) has a meeting with the chairman in the next 48 hours and then we'll see what happens at Sheffield United," McCall told Talksport.

"From a personal point of view, I thought that if we did get relegated then it would be Neil's last season at Sheffield because of what he has achieved.

"It wouldn't surprise me if that was the gaffer's last game in charge."

Who is next? ;)

Warnock wants to stay in Prem

Neil Warnock has given his broadest hint yet that he is ready to quit Sheffield United, telling Sky Sports News that he is keen to continue managing in the Premiership.

Tuesday's papers are rife with speculation that Warnock could be ready to quit The Blades after presiding over their painful final-day relegation following a 2-1 defeat to Wigan.

The lifelong United fan has been unable to agree a new two-year deal at Bramall Lane and assistant Stuart McCall revealed on Monday he expected his boss to end his seven-and-a-half year stay at the club.

Now Warnock has admitted he is keen to continue working in the Premiership, even if any decisions over his future will not be taken until he meets with chairman Kevin McCabe once more.

"I want to manage for a couple of years, in the Premier League if I can, so it makes it more difficult when we have just got relegated," Warnock told Sky Sports News.

"It's a lot to swallow in a short space of time.

"I've spoke with Kevin and we are going to have another chat in the next 24, 48 hours but I think let's get the disappointment out of the way and get a clear view of where we are going and what's happening.

"[it's] too many questions early doors really, I think you have got to stand back and look at the situation and that's what I'll be doing."

From Sky Sports. http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?