Displaying my Laptop thru my LCD TV

henryb1

Alright dudes.

I am trying to connect my Sony Vaio (VGN-FS515H) to my samsung tv for film watching etc. I have connected a VGA cable to my Laptop and TV but nothing is happening. Does anyone know what the fuck is going on?

Cheers again :D

have you selected the right function on the tv and have you told the laptop to send info out of the auxiliary display port. (if on xp, right click on backround select graphics-> output to).

have you selected the right function on the tv and have you told the laptop to send info out of the auxiliary display port. (if on xp, right click on backround select graphics-> output to).

yeah ive tried that mate but the TV is not picking up the laptop. Could this be something as simple as the VGA cable not working or is there something else im not doing?

Cheers

Laptops also usually have a output button on one of the funtion keys that looks like two screens. That enables you to have the display on the Laptop / Output Screen or both. Also might have to press the F key plus ctrl or something. Assuming the connections are correct that is. You'd also need the TV on the right channel (input). (though I think this is also what Rikko was saying).

I've jusr realised Henry you've been here since September and made a total of 5 posts, 4 in the Help section and 1 asking for a stream.

Nice to see your input mate ;)

:lol::blink:

I love to lurk

I've jusr realised Henry you've been here since September and made a total of 5 posts, 4 in the Help section and 1 asking for a stream.

Nice to see your input mate :lol:

:):blink:

I love to lurk

peasepud likes to watch. ;)