Man Utd seal deal for Hargreaves

khay

Manchester United have confirmed that England midfielder Owen Hargreaves will join them from Bayern Munich on 1 July.

United have not yet disclosed the fee but it is believed to be in the region of £17m.

Hargreaves has agreed personal terms and passed a medical so now he only has to officially put pen to paper on what is expected to be a five-year deal. The 26-year-old is set to do that when he returns from a family holiday in his native Canada at the end of June.

From bbc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a fair bit of cash Man Utd are dishing out at the mo, about £30m for the two lads they bought yesterday, another £17m for Hargreaves and I reckon they'll still need to buy a new striker as well.

And manu fans always bang on about Chelsea buying trophies, they're outspending everyone at the moment!

Wouldn't say no to any of the players they've bought mind!

Man Utd have earned their cash tbh

And manu fans always bang on about Chelsea buying trophies, they're outspending everyone at the moment!

How many season tickets have you bought there then? Edited by TheInspiration

Meh they've earned it about as much as Chelski.

That's a fair bit of cash Man Utd are dishing out at the mo, about £30m for the two lads they bought yesterday, another £17m for Hargreaves and I reckon they'll still need to buy a new striker as well.

Yup, the have been linked with Klass Jan Huntelaar. Would not be shocked if they spent another 12 million on him.

Wasn't aware Chelsea were a profit-making club?

Ah, I see you used "Chelski" so you've proven your IQ is single figures anyway

Edited by Sima

That's absolute bollocks like.

They must be selling a few players soon as well. Can't see Richardson staying and if they do buy a new striker they might let either Saha or Smith go.

I think Smith would be good if we do play a simliar system to that of Bolton.

If that's the criteria of "earning it" then: ;)

(we can go into why ManUre [oh no! :secret: ] have financial might if you wish - but if it was built on success then the likes of Liverpool should be miles ahead)

Hehe, did it take you more than 5 second to think that one up? :blush:

Guest alex

I think PL just meant they can't really accuse other teams of buying success when Man Utd. are doing the same. They always have though really. Despite having a class youth set-up, they got very lucky to have so many young players come through at once all those years ago with Beckham, the Nevilles et al (and even the likes of Savage who made it elsewhere). They do generate their own wealth though, unlike Chelsea. It's difficult to think of a club/set of fans who deserve their success less than Chelsea tbh (or more than Man Utd for that matter). And I hate the pair of them.

(we can go into why ManUre [oh no! :secret: ] have financial might if you wish - but if it was built on success then the likes of Liverpool should be miles ahead)

I often wonder how some people are even able to use a computer.

Edited by Sima

Guest alex

I don't see how Chelsea have 'earned' their cash using any criteria tbh Fop. Mentioning success is a red herring though, that's a different issue surely.

(we can go into why ManUre [oh no! :blush: ] have financial might if you wish - but if it was built on success then the likes of Liverpool should be miles ahead)

Hehe, did it take you more than 5 second to think that one up? <_<

I often wonder how some people are even able to use a computer.

Aye especially when even a 1/2 decent come back by 5 year olds standards seem to be beyond some people here. :secret:

(if you can't attack the argument by all means try to attack the poster, but please at least somewhat inventive with it :rolleyes: )

I don't see how Chelsea have 'earned' their cash using any criteria tbh Fop. Mentioning success is a red herring though, that's a different issue surely.

They haven't, but then neither have Man U, they didn't get an Abramovich as such, but the difference isn't that great. In fact if you're talking about financial might then this may be the first season in many, many years where Man U "earned" their title (although arguably it still had more to do with injuries really).

Aye especially when even a 1/2 decent come back by 5 year olds standards seem to be beyond some people here. ;)

(if you can't attack the argument by all means try to attack the poster, but please at least somewhat inventive with it :secret: )

The sheer irony of that by someone that used the term "Chelski" tbh

Guest alex

I thought we were talking about earning cash. Pretty sure Sima was anyway. Man Utd generate loads of cash from various fan sources whereas Chelsea rely largely on a Sugar Daddy. Wasn't that the point?

Aye especially when even a 1/2 decent come back by 5 year olds standards seem to be beyond some people here. ;)

(if you can't attack the argument by all means try to attack the poster, but please at least somewhat inventive with it :secret: )

The sheer irony of that by someone that used the term "Chelski" tbh

Still haven't thought of one I see. :blush:

I thought we were talking about earning cash. Pretty sure Sima was anyway. Man Utd generate loads of cash from various fan sources whereas Chelsea rely largely on a Sugar Daddy. Wasn't that the point?

Yeah, that was my point.