Man Utd seal deal for Hargreaves

khay

I thought we were talking about earning cash. Pretty sure Sima was anyway. Man Utd generate loads of cash from various fan sources whereas Chelsea rely largely on a Sugar Daddy. Wasn't that the point?

Aye, but even in that narrow context their fan base historically comes as much from off field issues as on field, and by the time they entered the Ferguson era of success they already had financial might beyond most clubs.

So whilst there's technical differences with Chelski (in exactly how their advantage came about), there are a lot of similarities in the end.

Neither of them "earned it" in the context of say Ipswich's success under Robson etc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

I thought we were talking about earning cash. Pretty sure Sima was anyway. Man Utd generate loads of cash from various fan sources whereas Chelsea rely largely on a Sugar Daddy. Wasn't that the point?

Aye, but even in that narrow context their fan base historically comes as much from off field issues as on field, and by the time they entered the Ferguson era of success they already had financial might beyond most clubs.

So whilst there's technical differences with Chelski (in exactly how their advantage came about), there are a lot of similarities in the end.

Neither of them "earned it" in the context of say Ipswich's success under Robson etc.

Everyone else seems to have grasped what he meant. Honestly, what are you like? ;)

Man Utd's fanbase is equally if not more due to having the likes of Best, Law and Charlton in their team than the Munich air crash.

They make a profit year on year and never overstretch their finances in buying players. They are very soundly run.

Slight irony in saying Man Utd haven't financially earned their success coming from fans of Newcastle as well tbh

Edited by Sima

Everyone else seems to have grasped what he meant. Honestly, what are you like? ;)

Have you even read what I wrote?

Man Utd's fanbase is equally if not more due to having the likes of Best, Law and Charlton in their team than the Munich air crash.

They make a profit year on year and never overstretch their finances in buying players. They are very soundly run.

Domestically maybe to a degree, but not internationally.

And again as I said by the time Man U really started to build success on success (and the hordes of glory hunters descended) they were already way ahead of most clubs financially for mostly off-field reasons, just like Chelski.

Neither earned it.

Slight irony in saying Man Utd haven't financially earned their success coming from fans of Newcastle as well tbh

I take it you're a ManUre fan then? ;)

Newcastle is a different kettle of fish, we simply squandered our financial power, we earned our failure if you will.

Guest alex

Yeah, that was my point.

;) Shouldn't this have ended the comprehension issues here?

Love the mentality that just because I defend another team from utter bullshit being wrote about them then I must support them.

Playground-esque tbh

Again if you can't attack the argument (and you can't quite obviously) attack the poster; ok it's expected.

But at least come up with a decent come back. ;)

Yeah, that was my point.

It should if you understood what I was saying, although not in the way you seem to think. :secret:

Love the mentality that just because I defend another team from utter bullshit being wrote about them then I must support them.

Playground-esque tbh

I think it's the fact that you wank over them are their fans on quite a regular basis. Defending them is one thing; you go to another level.

If Berbetov joined Man United then I'm pretty sure your balls would just explode.

Guest alex

Yeah, that was my point.

It should if you understood what I was saying, although not in the way you seem to think. :secret:

Sorry, that doesn't even make sense to me mate.

Playground-esque tbh

I think it's the fact that you wank over them are their fans on quite a regular basis. Defending them is one thing; you go to another level.

If Berbetov joined Man United then I'm pretty sure your balls would just explode.

lampard_frank_cfc_profile_2006.jpg

*Thwap, thwap* ;)

Playground-esque tbh

lampard_frank_cfc_profile_2006.jpg

*Thwap, thwap* ;)

Don't think I've ever denied being in love with Frankie boy though :secret:

They seem to be stocking up on midfielders when what they really need is an out and out striker....... like Owen............

I would say they needed someone more like Drogba or Eto'o.

Playground-esque tbh

Aye, it's more the "man utd be so awesome next season ;) " (which barely makes sense tbh) comments.

Guest alex
They seem to be stocking up on midfielders when what they really need is an out and out striker....... like Owen............

I would say they needed someone more like Drogba or Eto'o.

Aye. I think Hargreaves and Carrick will be class together in the middle of the park though. But someone of the type you mention alongside Rooney upfront could be the final piece in the jigsaw re: them winning the Champions League one more time.

Yeah, that was my point.

Sorry, that doesn't even make sense to me mate.

Aye I know, but you seem to think I don't understand what he's saying, when my point is (from my very first comment) that what he's implying is different is the same thing (in terms of "earned") just through different avenues.

Guest alex

If you knew what he meant, I don't see your point. I disagree if you think they both clubs earned their wealth (more or less) equally though. Agree to disagree?

If you knew what he meant, I don't see your point. I disagree if you think they both clubs earned their wealth (more or less) equally though. Agree to disagree?

I just think that neither really "earned" their wealth (which is what has brought them success ultimately) on the field (which is what he's implying, I think anyway, if not then I don't have a clue what he's saying), just the off field mechanisms that gave it to them were a bit different.

Guest alex

I just think that neither really "earned" their wealth (which is what has brought them success ultimately) on the field (which is what he's implying, I think anyway, if not then I don't have a clue what he's saying), just the off field mechanisms that gave it to them were a bit different.

He's already confirmed my interpretation was correct though. Confused.com tbh.

It's funny how many people now say what a fantastic buy he is for Manchester considering the hell that broke lose when he was selected in the WC squad last summer...

Totally agree, countless games for England where he's looked shockingly bad yet plays 3 good matches in the World Cup and suddenly he's the dogs bollocks.

It's funny how many people now say what a fantastic buy he is for Manchester considering the hell that broke lose when he was selected in the WC squad last summer...

Totally agree, countless games for England where he's looked shockingly bad

Just as most England players... :lol:

yet plays 3 good matches in the World Cup and suddenly he's the dogs bollocks.

To be fair to him, they were the first three games were he was starting in his favoured position and not thrown on late in the game to chase lost causes - as it was the case in the famous Northern Ireland game when loads of people had lynched him if they were given the chance.

Totally agree, countless games for England where he's looked shockingly bad

Just as most England players... :lol:

yet plays 3 good matches in the World Cup and suddenly he's the dogs bollocks.

To be fair to him, they were the first three games were he was starting in his favoured position and not thrown on late in the game to chase lost causes - as it was the case in the famous Northern Ireland game when loads of people had lynched him if they were given the chance.

I can't disagree, and to be fair, I've not seen him play for Bayern, but on his form for England I'm not impressed, regardless of the World Cup.