BIG spyware/virus problem....AGAIN!

Geordie Boyo

I recently downloaded something :icon_lol:<_< and now I keep getting warning 'system alert's' flashing up. The little security shield icon keeps flashing on my status bar from a white cross/red background to a question mark/blue background, basically telling me my PC's being infected by different viruses and I need to update using 'virus protect pro'?

I've got Norton Antivirus 2007, spybot search and destroy and now have spyblaster & spy sweeper downloaded, yet I still have the same problems with the security icon/warnings, etc.

I've ran out of ideas and don't know what to do?

:icon_lol:

I recently downloaded something :icon_lol:<_< and now I keep getting warning 'system alert's' flashing up. The little security shield icon keeps flashing on my status bar from a white cross/red background to a question mark/blue background, basically telling me my PC's being infected by different viruses and I need to update using 'virus protect pro'?

I've got Norton Antivirus 2007, spybot search and destroy and now have spyblaster & spy sweeper downloaded, yet I still have the same problems with the security icon/warnings, etc.

I've ran out of ideas and don't know what to do?

:icon_lol:

Save this file > http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix.exe to your desktop then restart the PC in safe mode.

Go to desktop and run the application.

select option 2 - "Clean".

Once its finished, restart and you should be clean.

Norton is shit, get rid ASAP.

AVG is canny good, Avast is also worth a look.

And as Laz said, get a firewall. Zonealarm do pretty decent free one.

• 4 weeks later...