Local Radio - grim!!!!

Rob W

It's alright in a curry house, otherwise no ta.

:lol:

I quite like Radio 2 tbf.

Aye, apart from on a Sunday, when it's still dreadful.

Just use their listen again thing, and listen to the better stuff when you want (along with 6 and such as well) and avoid the crap.

I wouldn't be surprise if Radio 2 doesn't have a lot more listeners than Radio 1 these days.

Radio 2 has always had more listeners than Radio 1 tbh

That's utter bollocks I think.

http://www.rajar.co.uk/listening/quarterly_listening.php

Radio 1 10.1% of listeners, Radio 2 15.8%

Interestingly, with 12.2% Radio 4 also beats Radio 1

It's alright in a curry house, otherwise no ta.

:lol:

I quite like Radio 2 tbf.

Aye, apart from on a Sunday, when it's still dreadful.

Just use their listen again thing, and listen to the better stuff when you want (along with 6 and such as well) and avoid the crap.

I wouldn't be surprise if Radio 2 doesn't have a lot more listeners than Radio 1 these days.

Radio 2 has always had more listeners than Radio 1 tbh

That's utter bollocks I think.

http://www.rajar.co.uk/listening/quarterly_listening.php

Radio 1 10.1% of listeners, Radio 2 15.8%

Interestingly, with 12.2% Radio 4 also beats Radio 1

But that's still now though, isn't it? In the 70's, 80's, and even 90's, Radio one had the most listeners, I reckon. I was there, I heard it. Radio 2 has blossomed as it has become more mainstream, but that's also a more recent thing.

But that's still now though, isn't it? In the 70's, 80's, and even 90's, Radio one had the most listeners, I reckon. I was there, I heard it. Radio 2 has blossomed as it has become more mainstream, but that's also a more recent thing.

Prove it then.

I knew Tony Blackburn was the first DJ broadcast on Radio 1. Arthur Fowler got asked a question about it to win a holiday or something.

but why is LOCAL radio so crap?

Tonnes and tonnes of adverts do my tits in. I must admit though, I do listen to Radio Newcastle in the morning on the way to work as I like to listen to news and Radio 4 is too interwatchacallit for me like. As for FiveLive, I can't take Nicky Cambpell sreiously, I keep expecting him to ask someone to give the wheel a real big spin.

No one in local radio will be at the top of their game will they?

If they're any good they'll be taken on by a national (or tv), if they're past their prime local will pick them up when the big boys drop them.

Has-beens and never-wases in other words.

yes Meenzer, folk like you and I, been on some of the GREAT boards but now washed up here

time to play another record..................... Barry Manilow........