Favourite take away?

Mark

In this order...

Indian- chicken korma, peshwari naan, or a nice and bold killer curry when I'm in the mood to feel my head explode.

Pizza- either a nice New York style (thin crust) white pizza or one they call a bronx bomber here- spinache, tomato slices, bacon and feta cheese on white pizza.

Chinese- shredded pork in garlic sauce, seafood chow mein, crab rangoon. Yum!

**Hungry now**

Chinese definitely.

Wok on Wheels is an amazing takeaway place and they deliver to your door (well in the locality). :blink:

Me faves are: Chilli beef, Duck in plum sauce, Duck with cashew nuts in yellow bean sauce.

Heaven. Free prawn crackers too. ;)

In this order...

Indian- chicken korma, peshwari naan, or a nice and bold killer curry when I'm in the mood to feel my head explode.

Pizza- either a nice New York style (thin crust) white pizza or one they call a bronx bomber here- spinache, tomato slices, bacon and feta cheese on white pizza.

Chinese- shredded pork in garlic sauce, seafood chow mein, crab rangoon. Yum!

**Hungry now**

29333[/snapback]

I had one similar to the "Bronx Bomber", spinich and feta work very well together. This one was a veggie one so it had some chargrilled peppers thrown on and some red onions. On a thin base that went fantastically crispy.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

chinese every time. Hung Wah(?) in Hartlepool is the best chinese in the world... well in the half a dozen or so countries Ive had a chinese in

29272[/snapback]

where bouts is that at mate?

I know Alex was only piss-taking but I don't get the whole "the hotter the curry you eat, the more of of a bloke you are" bollocks....

It's absolute bullshit, the hotter the curry, the more your taste buds must be shagged IMO. Don't get me wrong, I like spicy food but the hotest curry I'll eat is a madras - anything after that and it's effectively tasteless to me and you'll know more about it next morning if you get my drift....

A 'Phall' is a fucking joke - something that isn't actually found in India and is in fact a UK invention. An Indian kid I went to uni with came from a family who ran an Indian Take-Away - in his opinion, the phalls were invented for two reasons:

1. To shove all the crappy meat which was past its best in (i.e. the hotter the curry, the less the quality of meat will be noticed and any dodgy guts can easily be blamed on the 'hottest curry on the menu syndrome'

2. For the 'i'm the big man who can take the hottest curry you can give me' types....

Back to subject, give me a Chicken Tikka Masala, Pilau Rice and Keema Naan every time! :blink:

I know Alex was only piss-taking but I don't get the whole "the hotter the curry you eat, the more of of a bloke you are" bollocks....

It's absolute bullshit, the hotter the curry, the more your taste buds must be shagged IMO. Don't get me wrong, I like spicy food but the hotest curry I'll eat is a madras - anything after that and it's effectively tasteless to me and you'll know more about it next morning if you get my drift....

A 'Phall' is a fucking joke - something that isn't actually found in India and is in fact a UK invention. An Indian kid I went to uni with came from a family who ran an Indian Take-Away - in his opinion, the phalls were invented for two reasons:

1. To shove all the crappy meat which was past its best in (i.e. the hotter the curry, the less the quality of meat will be noticed and any dodgy guts can easily be blamed on the 'hottest curry on the menu syndrome'

2. For the 'i'm the big man who can take the hottest curry you can give me' types....

Back to subject, give me a Chicken Tikka Masala, Pilau Rice and Keema Naan every time! :razz:

29349[/snapback]

Nor is there such a thing as a Madras curry in India.

Or a tikka masala.

Both were invented in UK.

Takeaway Indian food is pretty crap imo. I do like the occasional Chinese, but even that is a bit ropey.

Not a big fan of pizzas either - a bit too greasy for me.

Lord, I need a beer, I think, after reading that negative bit of shite! Sorry ;)

Jeeeez, take aways? I do like a plain quaterpound cheeseburger once in a while from Maccy D's :blink:

All depends on your mood

Indians normally closely followed by Chinese, but if you have just come back from being on the piss there's nowt better than Pizza or Kebab.

Back to subject, give me a Chicken Tikka Masala, Pilau Rice and Keema Naan every time! :blink:

29349[/snapback]

If curries get too hot then really you aren't going to be tasting much but the fire of the chillies. But i have two mates who eat vindaloos because they love the flavour, they don't think its remotely hard to eat them or anything like that.

Theres no doubting you can shove some dodgy meat into a really hot curry mind!

Theres plenty of stuff over here that doesn't exist in india like massala, balti etc.

On the hot curry thing - I worked away with this massive fat geezer once and we went for a curry. Anyway, he was calling me soft for getting a tikka massala and all that business. He then ordered himself a vindaloo or whatever it was and sat dripping sweat onto his plate for the next half hour, with a bright red face, shovelling it in. It blatantly wasn't enjoyable, the fat gibbon.

On the hot curry thing - I worked away with this massive fat geezer once and we went for a curry.  Anyway, he was calling me soft for getting a tikka massala and all that business.  He then ordered himself a vindaloo or whatever it was and sat dripping sweat onto his plate for the next half hour, with a bright red face, shovelling it in.  It blatantly wasn't enjoyable, the fat gibbon.

29475[/snapback]

Someone clocked him on a night out with you I'm guessing. :blink:

I like a curry to be quite hot (the ones normally described as medium on the menu) but I don't really go in for the really hot ones like vindaloo. It's quite funny when you get a bunch of lads who try and out-macho each other in the curry house on a night out, resulting in the scenario Scott describes above. Dead hard like :blink:

On the hot curry thing - I worked away with this massive fat geezer once and we went for a curry.  Anyway, he was calling me soft for getting a tikka massala and all that business.  He then ordered himself a vindaloo or whatever it was and sat dripping sweat onto his plate for the next half hour, with a bright red face, shovelling it in.  It blatantly wasn't enjoyable, the fat gibbon.

29475[/snapback]

Someone clocked him on a night out with you I'm guessing. :blink:

29476[/snapback]

You think you're sooooooo funny, don't you? :razz:

;)

On a serious note I love Indian food but I have to say I dont think the meat in any of it is of a very good quality so I've tended to start buying chick pea curries (chana). They've actually been very good and I've found that I can do without the meat altogether. I'm not against meat per se but I do think that animals deserve decent lives/living conditions before they end up 'in the pot'. I honestly dont think that happens with high street take away stuff though. It's obvious from the prices that its likely to be ropey stuff from fairly dubious sources.

I think Chinese food is probably the worst of all for that in fact. A lot of that stuff I just cant eat at all.

On a serious note I love Indian food but I have to say I dont think the meat in any of it is of a very good quality so I've tended to start buying chick pea curries (chana). They've actually been very good and I've found that I can do without the meat altogether. I'm not against meat per se but I do think that animals deserve decent lives/living conditions before they end up 'in the pot'. I honestly dont think that happens with high street take away stuff though. It's obvious from the prices that its likely to be ropey stuff from fairly dubious sources.

I think Chinese food is probably the worst of all for that in fact. A lot of that stuff I just cant eat at all.

29488[/snapback]

If you can admit to eating chick pea curries, coming out to your parents should be a doddle, Sammy. :blink:

29488[/snapback]

If you can admit to eating chick pea curries, coming out to your parents should be a doddle, Sammy. :blink:

29491[/snapback]

They're chickpea vindaloos, naturally! ;)

29488[/snapback]

If you can admit to eating chick pea curries, coming out to your parents should be a doddle, Sammy. ;)

29491[/snapback]

They're chickpea vindaloos, naturally! :razz:

29493[/snapback]

Well 'ard! :blink:

chinese every time. Hung Wah(?) in Hartlepool is the best chinese in the world... well in the half a dozen or so countries Ive had a chinese in

29272[/snapback]

where bouts is that at mate?

29348[/snapback]

on the corner of Thornton St and Stoffold St. If you walk over York Road from the Yorkshire bank and keep on going for a bit you'll go past a fishmongers and then there it is on the corner.

Saying that I hope its still there its been a few years since I've had one.

29488[/snapback]

If you can admit to eating chick pea curries, coming out to your parents should be a doddle, Sammy. ;)

29491[/snapback]

Want to bet? I got some beads and string and made a frigging bead necklace at the breakfast table once and mine still didn't twig.

:blink:

29488[/snapback]

If you can admit to eating chick pea curries, coming out to your parents should be a doddle, Sammy. :razz:

29491[/snapback]

Want to bet? I got some beads and string and made a frigging bead necklace at the breakfast table once and mine still didn't twig.

;)

29523[/snapback]

Have you tried a pearl necklace at the breakfast table?

29488[/snapback]

If you can admit to eating chick pea curries, coming out to your parents should be a doddle, Sammy. :razz:

29491[/snapback]

29523[/snapback]

Dare we ask what you then did with the beads? ;)

Not at the breakfast table surely......