Shit tunes you can't get out of your head

Smooth Operator

I'm a Scatman. Same era. What a tune that was :lol:

Scatman was a few years later. Music started getting good the season when the toon came 2nd. TOON TOON TOON everybody say whey aye WHEY AYE TOOON TOON TOON......

There's a brilliant dance song which was a rip off of Blurs "boys and girls", it was by some cunts called Pianoman, but can I fuck find it :rolleyes: been looking for it for years, would be nice to know the title.

Scatman John was about 1995 come to think of it. I think the Pianoman track was called 'Blurred' or something like that btw. I bet you can get it 2nd hand, it was in the top 40 iirc.

Guest stevieintoon
I'm a Scatman. Same era. What a tune that was :lol:

Scatman was a few years later. Music started getting good the season when the toon came 2nd. TOON TOON TOON everybody say whey aye WHEY AYE TOOON TOON TOON......

There's a brilliant dance song which was a rip off of Blurs "boys and girls", it was by some cunts called Pianoman, but can I fuck find it :rolleyes: been looking for it for years, would be nice to know the title.

Scatman John was about 1995 come to think of it. I think the Pianoman track was called 'Blurred' or something like that btw. I bet you can get it 2nd hand, it was in the top 40 iirc.

Nice one Alex, it's showing up on Limewire as well. Class tune. Was Scatman not aboot 96?

All the Trainspotting songs as well, all class, even that Pulp one.

What aboot Mr Vain.

:blush:

I'm a Scatman. Same era. What a tune that was :rolleyes:

There's a brilliant dance song which was a rip off of Blurs "boys and girls", it was by some cunts called Pianoman, but can I fuck find it :blush: been looking for it for years, would be nice to know the title.

Nice one Alex, it's showing up on Limewire as well. Class tune. Was Scatman not aboot 96?

What aboot Mr Vain.

:icon_lol:

I know it was '95 as I was living in a student house and the charvas next door played it for about a fortnight at full volume non-stop (I was living there 94-95). Just thought of 'Finally' be Ce Ce Peniston. God, I absolutely love that tune :lol:

Edit: Actually, wiki says '94 for 'I'm a Scatman'.

Edited by alex

Guest stevieintoon

There's a brilliant dance song which was a rip off of Blurs "boys and girls", it was by some cunts called Pianoman, but can I fuck find it :blush: been looking for it for years, would be nice to know the title.

What aboot Mr Vain.

I know it was '95 as I was living in a student house and the charvas next door played it for about a fortnight at full volume non-stop (I was living there 94-95). Just thought of 'Finally' be Ce Ce Peniston. God, I absolutely love that tune :lol:

You must be a big Massive Attack fan Alex, judging by music you've mentioned which is similar.

What aboot Mr Vain.

You must be a big Massive Attack fan Alex, judging by music you've mentioned which is similar.

Aye, especially 'Blue Lines' which is an absolutely class album. To me it's British hip-hop not 'trip-hop' which is a shit name, as it has elements of hip-hop but it's been done in a different style and hasn't tried to copy the US stuff. Protection and Mezzanine are really good too. I wasn't that impressed with 100th Window though I have to say. It was ok, but not ok by their standards.

I remember one dance song, about 93, that everybody liked, you were like abnormal if you didn't like it, it was called Dominator by Human Resource, I laugh listening to it now.

did it go something like:

i'm bigger and bolder and badder and better in other words sucker there aint no other. i'm the one and only dominator?

I remember one dance song, about 93, that everybody liked, you were like abnormal if you didn't like it, it was called Dominator by Human Resource, I laugh listening to it now.

did it go something like:

i'm bigger and bolder and badder and better in other words sucker there aint no other. i'm the one and only dominator?

I wanna kiss myself. Techo classic. Got that on vinyl on the R&S label. Similar era to Joey Beltram - 'Energy Flash'. '91/'92 would have been my guess. It may have been re-issued more than once too.

What about the Happy Hardcore classic, Heart of Gold? 1996, apparently. One of my guilty pleasures. Very guilty.

:lol: Wicked. I never got into Happy Hardcore though tbh.

Guest stevieintoon
Has 'The Rhythm of the Night' been mentioned yet? Fucking shit like.

The absolute reason this thread was made is for songs like that, no thought, shit lyrics, and utterly shit tune. Baring in mind I'm arsed about lyrics normally, like my all time fav dance song "For An Angel" has one word in it, but if they're going to do lyrics, at least do gooduns.

Like 2 Unlimited their lyrics were so pathetic, despite having some cracking tunes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8adwBgTIw2o

"it's my beat it belongs to me so let my beats control your body" :lol: oh dear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P0cXvI--AE

this is probably my favourite 2 Unlimited song, and one everybody will know but still..... "get down with the sound, house on the ground, freeze when I squeeze, drop to your knees, you must obey, I'm in here to stay, read to take you away." oh dear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHRSu5rv-aU

This is as good as the lyrics get, I actually like this tune..... "faces, all around difference I see some are happy some in mysery, they express joy and pain, no two faces are the same..." ..and that's as good as the lyrics ever get for this type of music. No John Lennon's are they? Why even have lyrics when they're that shit?

Edited by stevieintoon

• 4 weeks later...

;)

She work it girl, she work the pole

She break it down, she take it low

She fine as hell, she about the dough

She doing her thing out on the floor

Her money money, she makin' makin'

Look at the way she shakin' shakin'

Make you want to touch it, make you want to taste it

Have you lustin' for her, go crazy face it

Now don't stop, get it, get it

The way she shakin' make you want to hit it

Think she double jointed from the way she splitted

Got you're head f**ked up from the way she did it

She's so much more than you're used to

She know's just how to move to seduce you

She gone do the right thing and touch the right spot

Dance in you're lap till you're ready to pop

that new one from Reverend and the Makers is doing my brain in...................

that gibbering charva...................................

He said he loves me, he said he needs me, he said to Keeley, he thinks I'm special?!

Good tune that man.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa