Panorama last night

Jusoda Kid

since Panorama moved to that new time slot and shorted to 30 minutes, it's shite compared to how it used to be

it's more of a doc-drama type series rather a investigative programme

Allardyce agrees.

I have to disagree with a few things.

One its no suprise they were all black because they were focusing on a smalls number of groups (although I am fairly sure one of them was chinese which I wouldn't class as black). Doesn't mean you don't get white "gangstas" just they were obviously in a part of London and a group of people who just hung around with a majority of black friends.

I also don't think their only interest was to become a "gangsta". Their was a cockyness and a bit of arrogance about them but they are 15 and being interviewed on tv! All childish bravado (sp?).

If they wanted to be in a gang I am sure they would have joined one, the whole programme was about 2 kids trying to get by without joining gangs but having to be fairly close to the whole culture to feel safe in obviously very dangerous area's. No shock this was all missed because of what they wore and how they spoke though. Young, black and dressed like a charver must mean they are wannabe "gangstas" though right?

Get by without joining gangs...my arse. One in particular thought he was 50 cent, more edge than a broken piss pot. If thats how he acted on camera I would hate to see how he acts off it, you must have led a sheltered life if you can't see it.

Wannabe gangsters thats all they were my friend.

Its not me who has lived the sheltered life if you honestly think a 15 year being interviewed on tv about gang culture isn't going to play up more than he usually does.

Then I bet you were the perfect little fella at 15 years old, never in any trouble. Or does that not count because you aren't black?

As others have said, this sort of shit is happening all over the country, rude boy charvers dressed up like they favourite rap stars thinking "they iz the shit"! Black, white or asian.

Watch Crimewatch :nufc:

Blatantly got black mates dripping in bling talking the shizzle....what time is it Jon :yes

I bet you read the news like....

Black male arrested for attack of white youth - "Oh look the blacks again! Should ship em back to the country they came from" which funnily enough is probably England.

White male arrested for attack on black youth - "Probably some rude boy gangsta wannabe anyway, fair play"

:lol:

them stories would be headlined in the following way

Male arrested for attack on youth

White male arrested for racist attack on black youth

Actually that's part of BBC editorial policy.

Pay attention to the bulletins, race is never mentioned if the suspects are non-white. Sad but true.

What is it with there being more guncrime in deprived areas of big cities where there are lots of black people, than any other deprived areas? In London for example there's plenty of poor areas (it's a big city after all) but we the areas we hear of most about gun crime tend to be Peckham, Brixton etc where there are lots of black people. Black people, in particular West Indians tend to come from very poor backgrounds, and I'm told the latter tend to be the least well educated of foreigners and don't have stable families - maybe wrong. Is it merely the influence of rappers and gangsta culture that tends to cause there to be more guncrime with black people or is there something else?