Boro in for class striker

pooptash

Heerenveen striker Afonso Alves has confirmed his interest in joining Middlesbrough.

Skysports.com revealed over the weekend that Boro have lined up the Brazilian as a replacement for Everton target Yakubu Aiyegbeni.

Alves only joined Heerenveen from Malmo last summer, but marked his first season in the Eredivisie by scoring 34 goals in 31 appearances.

The 26-year-old is aware of Boro's interest and hinted he would be tempted by the chance to move to The Riverside.

Big club

"They are seriously interested in me," Alves told De Telegraaf.

"Middlesbrough have shown this, too, with their offer.

"For such a big club and for the Premier League, I am always open and the

first talks are really hopeful.

"That will not be the problem."

A said the toon should of got him :)

Heerenveen striker Afonso Alves has confirmed his interest in joining Middlesbrough.

Skysports.com revealed over the weekend that Boro have lined up the Brazilian as a replacement for Everton target Yakubu Aiyegbeni.

Alves only joined Heerenveen from Malmo last summer, but marked his first season in the Eredivisie by scoring 34 goals in 31 appearances.

The 26-year-old is aware of Boro's interest and hinted he would be tempted by the chance to move to The Riverside.

Big club

"They are seriously interested in me," Alves told De Telegraaf.

"Middlesbrough have shown this, too, with their offer.

"For such a big club and for the Premier League, I am always open and the

first talks are really hopeful.

"That will not be the problem."

I said the toon should have got him :icon_lol:

FYP

FFS :rolleyes:

Wasn't the last striker to score a shed load of goals for Heerenveen Jon Dahl Tomasson? Or am I thinking of Andreas Andersson, either way they are both shite so I wouldn't read too much into it.

We signed Tomasson from Heerenveen iirc.