Is Shearer still an integral part of the team?

ChocChip

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I must be completely missing the point here? What have I just been saying over the last two pages?

Are you actually claiming that because players are black, they're not liked as much by fans as white players? Is this a general rule or just a very small percentage, because it's not something I've really come across  :icon_lol:

I know racism exists in football, but I've not seen it in this form. Perhaps it's not something that has happened in the lower leagues, or maybe I just feel people are rated on their actually ability.

*confused*

32525[/snapback]

"You believe there's racism in football and so do I. I just happen to think it's a noticable minority."

That's what I said above and the only reason I pursued the issue is that I think you've misinterpreted what I said. I think maybe you think I'm arguing ChocChip or AF's point, I'm not.

A racist will obviously give a foreign footballer a harder time and they exist in a minority. I just happen to think that that minority is noticable, take Alan Oliver for example. I don't think he has an agenda, he doesn't have the sentience, but he's a xenophobe with a readership. He passes on his feelings about certain players and I think that has an impact.

I certainly don't think Geordies in general are racist as was suggested above or that this problem doesn't exist elsewhere, this just happens to be the club that I follow and I see it here.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be completely missing the point here? What have I just been saying over the last two pages?

Are you actually claiming that because players are black, they're not liked as much by fans as white players? Is this a general rule or just a very small percentage, because it's not something I've really come across  :icon_lol:

I know racism exists in football, but I've not seen it in this form. Perhaps it's not something that has happened in the lower leagues, or maybe I just feel people are rated on their actually ability.

*confused*

32525[/snapback]

"You believe there's racism in football and so do I. I just happen to think it's a noticable minority."

That's what I said above and the only reason I pursued the issue is that I think you've misinterpreted what I said. I think maybe you think I'm arguing ChocChip or AF's point, I'm not.

A racist will obviously give a foreign footballer a harder time and they exist in a minority. I just happen to think that that minority is noticable, take Alan Oliver for example. I don't think he has an agenda, he doesn't have the sentience, but he's a xenophobe with a readership. He passes on his feelings about certain players and I think that has an impact.

I certainly don't think Geordies in general are racist as was suggested above or that this problem doesn't exist elsewhere, this just happens to be the club that I follow and I see it here.

32558[/snapback]

Oh ok, I think I got lost somewhere then. Thanks for clearing that up.