Electronics Question

Tom

Ok.

So we bought our Multi Track recorder...

and it didn't come with a plug...

The plug required is a DC 9.0V @ 1000Ma

I have a DC 9.0V @ 300Ma

reckon thats safe to use or will it fuck it up? :lol:

Thing is they reckon if you don't use the official adapter it voids your warranty :o

Edited by T-Keith

I got a multi-rated DC adaptor from Maplin for a tenner, it's the size of a small cottage but has all of the various adapters and can be adjusted from 1.5v up to 12v.

Your multitrack recorder will draw a certain current (probably less than the 1A stated) but a higher-rated adaptor will not 'overload' the multitrack with current. It is the resistive unit itself (the multitrack) that determines the flow of current. So you wont fuck the recorder, but may well fuck the adaptor. If they blow up they can in turn send nasty spikes down the line so I'd say your best bet is head for Maplin and look for a 12v adaptor capable of meeting your current requirements (above is not a problem).

Ok.

So we bought our Multi Track recorder...

and it didn't come with a plug...

The plug required is a DC 9.0V @ 1000Ma

I have a DC 9.0V @ 300Ma

reckon thats safe to use or will it fuck it up? :lol:

Thing is they reckon if you don't use the official adapter it voids your warranty <_<

Tom, first thing to ask yourself is why the fuck didn't it come with the transformer?

Then when you've worked out it wasn't as cheap as they promised because you have to buy the transformer take the advice of those above and go buy one with the correct amperage.

Also silly question but make sure it's DC, that cheap pre-amp I posted above is a 16v AC, although being 9v it would more than likely be DC.

If all else fails have a few drinks and then follow fish's advice above :o