September is Bob Dylan month

Happy Face

My dad idolised the man so I grew up listening and appreciating the great songs he made. I think my parents had been to see him live a good few times, even at St James Park! Now that my dad has passed away I appreciate and listen to his music a lot more. He's a truly great poet and musical artist.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad idolised the man so I grew up listening and appreciating the great songs he made. I think my parents had been to see him live a good few times, even at St James Park! Now that my dad has passed away I appreciate and listen to his music a lot more. He's a truly great poet and musical artist.

40008[/snapback]

Same, but my dad's still kicking around somewhere.

I really like covers of Bob Dylan songs because I like his words & music but his voice tends to ruin the songs. :D

Excellent documentary. The man is a legend! He's always portrayed as a gruff Billy no-mates twat of a bloke but I think the doc showed why. He's not kind to the press because they ask questions like "How many protest singers are there?" or "do you like subtle messages or not subtle?". They, in return, are mean about him.

Dylan is hugely popular and loved greatly by his fans, but he's still underrated by the general public. He's as important as Elvis Presley or The Beatles, but not dying means that his legend hasn't been built up to the level it deserves yet. People say he's a crap singer without realising the skill it takes to sing in a completeley different time signature to the one your playing, and that for every nasally Mr Tambourine Man there's a lush, velvety I want You.

I don't expect any none Dylan fans to change their mind, but consider this, last year the UK Rock and Roll hall of fame inducted its first members. They were...

The Rolling Stones

Queen

Michael Jackson

Cliff Richard

U2

Madonna

Bob Marley

Elvis Presley

The Beatles

Robbie Williams

Dylan never got a mention. The man who wrote Mr Tambourine Man, Like a Rolling Stone, Blowin' in the Wind, The Times They Are A Changin', It Ain't Me Babe, Subterranean Homesick Blues, I Want You, Just Like A Woman; Don't Think Twice, It's Alright; Lay Lady Lay, I'll Be Your Baby Tonight, All Along The Watchtower, A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall, It's All Over Now Baby Blue, Hurricaine, Tangled Up In Blue, Highway 61 Revisited, Forever Young, Knockin' On Heavens Door and hundreds more was passed over for a fat dancer from Take That, a kiddy fiddler, a geriatric virgin and a woman whose tits and fanny are more famous/popular/interesting than her music.

It's a disgrace.

The interchange between Dylan and the tosser asking about the significance of the Triumph T-shirt he was wearing on the cover of Highway 61 was hilarious. Dylan "Ive not really thought about it" Beardy Wierdy "Ive thought about it a lot"

Happy Face "was passed over for a fat dancer from Take That, a kiddy fiddler, a geriatric virgin and a woman whose tits and fanny are more famous/popular/interesting than her music." lol

"The man who wrote Mr Tambourine Man, Like a Rolling Stone, Blowin' in the Wind, The Times They Are A Changin', It Ain't Me Babe, Subterranean Homesick Blues, I Want You, Just Like A Woman; Don't Think Twice, It's Alright; Lay Lady Lay, I'll Be Your Baby Tonight, All Along The Watchtower, A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall, It's All Over Now Baby Blue, Hurricaine, Tangled Up In Blue, Highway 61 Revisited, Forever Young, Knockin' On Heavens Door and hundreds more was passed over"

but not recently......................

a bit like Brian Wilson tbh

"The man who wrote Mr Tambourine Man, Like a Rolling Stone, Blowin' in the Wind, The Times They Are A Changin', It Ain't Me Babe, Subterranean Homesick Blues, I Want You, Just Like A Woman; Don't Think Twice, It's Alright; Lay Lady Lay, I'll Be Your Baby Tonight, All Along The Watchtower, A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall, It's All Over Now Baby Blue, Hurricaine, Tangled Up In Blue, Highway 61 Revisited, Forever Young, Knockin' On Heavens Door and hundreds more was passed over"

40473[/snapback]

If you write a timeless classic it doesnt matter when you write it, lets face it when was the last time Mozart wrote anything decent

40473[/snapback]

If you write a timeless classic it doesnt matter when you write it, lets face it when was the last time Mozart wrote anything decent

40716[/snapback]

Does 'Rock Me Amadeus' count?

40473[/snapback]

40716[/snapback]

Does 'Rock Me Amadeus' count?

40719[/snapback]

Don't forget that was when he couldn't get out of his recording contract so he changed his name to Falco and also released Der Kommissar.