Morrissey to sue the NME

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Steady on. First album was very good like. Gone progressively downhill imo. They aren't shit though.

I am deadly serious. Although they have been rather poor of late. The last ten years in fact. But I stand by my statement, they're virtually the only band that will be talked of 20 years from now from this period in the way we talk about the Smiths, Roses etc IMO. In fact the only other band that springs to mind is Radiohead.

I agree with you to a certain extent Luke.

The first two albums were superb, classics. The B-sides and album tracks were better than the stuff the rest were releasing at the time. But since then the drop-off in quality has been massive. Their other albums range from rubbish to average. In fact their third best album is the B-sides collection.

It's probably no coincidence that the quality dropped at the same time the mega-bucks came rolling in.

I think it started when they stopped doing drugs. Get them back on the marching powder! I agree that Be Here Now is underrated (including by the band themselves, but then again Noel thinks Ryan Adams' version of Wonderwall is good so what does he know?).

By the way T-Keith I listened to Maximo Park that you're always bumming, utter shite. :nufc:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steady on. First album was very good like. Gone progressively downhill imo. They aren't shit though.

I am deadly serious. Although they have been rather poor of late. The last ten years in fact. But I stand by my statement, they're virtually the only band that will be talked of 20 years from now from this period in the way we talk about the Smiths, Roses etc IMO. In fact the only other band that springs to mind is Radiohead.

The first two albums were superb, classics. The B-sides and album tracks were better than the stuff the rest were releasing at the time. But since then the drop-off in quality has been massive. Their other albums range from rubbish to average. In fact their third best album is the B-sides collection.

It's probably no coincidence that the quality dropped at the same time the mega-bucks came rolling in.

I think it started when they stopped doing drugs. Get them back on the marching powder! I agree that Be Here Now is underrated (including by the band themselves, but then again Noel thinks Ryan Adams' version of Wonderwall is good so what does he know?).

By the way T-Keith I listened to Maximo Park that you're always bumming, utter shite. :nufc:

:razz:

By the way T-Keith I listened to Maximo Park that you're always bumming, utter shite. :razz:

:icon_lol:

I see that :icon_lol: and raise you a :nufc: