Capello closes in on England post

luckyluke

Is it 3-5-2 or 2-5-1 Capello favours?

I remember at Real they speculated he'd immediately adopt his favoured formation with 2 holding midfielders, and sure enough, Emerson and Diarra played there. The Real fans didn't like it as they found it far too cautious, especially at home.

Thats only 8 outfield players man.

Aye, he plays an odd formation alright :unsure:

That should have been 4-5-1.

I think I remember him playing a 3-4-1-2 at AS Roma with wing-backs and Totti as a playmaker but I'm pretty sure he stuck with the 4-4-2 that had been so successful for Saachi (sp?) at Meelan.

I think I remember him playing a 3-4-1-2 at AS Roma with wing-backs and Totti as a playmaker but I'm pretty sure he stuck with the 4-4-2 that had been so successful for Saachi (sp?) at Meelan.

Aye he did play 4-4-2, was canny rigid as well, thus not getting the best out of a certain Roberto Baggio.

Sorry for remembering that Scott as I was only 10/11 at the time.

I remember at Real they speculated he'd immediately adopt his favoured formation with 2 holding midfielders, and sure enough, Emerson and Diarra played there. The Real fans didn't like it as they found it far too cautious, especially at home.

Aye, he plays an odd formation alright :finger:

I was tempted to edit it for you like so nobody would see but didnt :unsure:

Aye he did play 4-4-2, was canny rigid as well, thus not getting the best out of a certain Roberto Baggio.

:unsure: Aye, shame really. He was pissed about in his time at Juve too. Legend.

:unsure: Aye, shame really. He was pissed about in his time at Juve too. Legend.

They only fucked him about as he got shat on after USA '94, despite him actually carrying the team to the final. Then they'd just bought Del Piero from Padova as well I think, and they thought why do we need Baggio when we have Del Piero, how wrong they were. :finger:

Aye, he plays an odd formation alright :D

I was tempted to edit it for you like so nobody would see but didnt :finger:

sound. :unsure:

Also, Alex, you're spot on with that 3-4-1-2. He was using Cicinho and Roberto Carlos as wing backs. Could be intersting to see the personnel he uses if he gets the Ingerland job.

Two holding midfielders is what a lot of international teams now play I think.

I quite like the idea of it. I think we have the centre-backs and wing-backs to play that system and it would hopefully get the most out of Gerrard (probably him over Lampard) and Rooney with the latter being one of a front two. Presumably he'd go for the likes of Carrick and Hargreaves as the holding players.

Anyone remember when Cassano done this?

:lol:

My not-so fluent Italian kind of took away the humour. ;)

Whats going on?

Hes explaining that Obafemi Martins is a great striker......