whats acceptable ?

shakermaker

for those who back souness,what  position would you feel justified souness's managership.or for the 1 or 2 anti-sounesss's,at what position would you admit he's done ok ?

34953[/snapback]

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you are talking about final league position, then I would say, considering the money he has spent, 4th place or higher must be achieved.

I'll be amazed if that happens like.

35110[/snapback]

Substitute "amazed" for gutted. :o

35151[/snapback]

Gemmill, to be honest all that deserve is a FUCK OFF.

I want the best for NUFC the same as everyone else, I just don't rate this manager like you do. You have now really, really pissed me off. :razz:

35176[/snapback]

You running yet Gemmill?? :razz:

35214[/snapback]

Ha ha, hilarious. Yes I'm pissed off. I thought I could come on here and have a sensible discussion about NUFC, but instead get childish insults because Souness has managed to fluke one game. I thought Gemmill might be above that tbh.

35217[/snapback]

I thought you might have been above throwing a hissy fit when someone makes a joke tbh. Looks like I was wrong Mr. Huffy Knickers. :blink:

35221[/snapback]

In fairness, he's upset at the result.

;)

35224[/snapback]

The performance. :razz:

And yes, part of me thinks its damaging for us in the long-term, it's not rocket science.

35227[/snapback]

So if we finished 4th surely you would then be gutted about what this was doing to us in the long term (ie. keeping Souness in a job)? So my joke turned out to be right then.......;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for those who back souness,what  position would you feel justified souness's managership.or for the 1 or 2 anti-sounesss's,at what position would you admit he's done ok ?

34953[/snapback]

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you are talking about final league position, then I would say, considering the money he has spent, 4th place or higher must be achieved.

35110[/snapback]

Substitute "amazed" for gutted. :blink:

35151[/snapback]

I want the best for NUFC the same as everyone else, I just don't rate this manager like you do. You have now really, really pissed me off. :o

35176[/snapback]

35214[/snapback]

Ha ha, hilarious. Yes I'm pissed off. I thought I could come on here and have a sensible discussion about NUFC, but instead get childish insults because Souness has managed to fluke one game. I thought Gemmill might be above that tbh.

35217[/snapback]

That's giving Scott an awful lot of credit. Credit he doesnt deserve, tbh.

35228[/snapback]

Where's the....

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to me. Sock it to me sock it to me sock it to me *repeat to fade tbh*

34953[/snapback]

35110[/snapback]

Substitute "amazed" for gutted. :o

35151[/snapback]

I want the best for NUFC the same as everyone else, I just don't rate this manager like you do. You have now really, really pissed me off. :razz:

35176[/snapback]

35214[/snapback]

35217[/snapback]

I thought you might have been above throwing a hissy fit when someone makes a joke tbh. Looks like I was wrong Mr. Huffy Knickers. :blink:

35221[/snapback]

In fairness, he's upset at the result.

;)

35224[/snapback]

The performance. :razz:

And yes, part of me thinks its damaging for us in the long-term, it's not rocket science.

35227[/snapback]

So if we finished 4th surely you would then be gutted about what this was doing to us in the long term (ie. keeping Souness in a job)? So my joke turned out to be right then.......;)

35230[/snapback]

No.

If we finish 4th, then I was wrong about Souness, and I can live with that, believe me. However, like Alex, I am rarely wrong.....

If we finish 4th, then I was wrong about Souness, and I can live with that, believe me. However, like Alex, I am rarely wrong.....

35234[/snapback]

I'm in a good mood following yesterday though, there lies the difference.

I want the best for NUFC the same as everyone else, I just don't rate this manager like you do. You have now really, really pissed me off.  :razz:

35176[/snapback]

Gettin angry at someone over the internet :***********)

That was one of the worst football matches I've ever watched though. I'm happy we won and the table makes much better reading but it's a bit like that 10 game winning streak we went on. Through it all I just kept thinking, but we're not playing well, this can't end well.

35234[/snapback]

35237[/snapback]

I'm still in a bad mood since the charvers tbh.

But I enjoyed the goals immensely, they were all well taken. I'm just a bit worried about papering over cracks though, sorry, I can't help it. We need a sustained run for me to think differently. That's the difference.

35234[/snapback]

If you truly analyse Alex's arguments though you'll find that he can also rarely claim to be right either. Once you strip away the various clever caveats and conditions then you'll find that theres very little left of real substance tbh.

Edited by manc-mag

35234[/snapback]

35237[/snapback]

But I enjoyed the goals immensely, they were all well taken. I'm just a bit worried about papering over cracks though, sorry, I can't help it. We need a sustained run for me to think differently. That's the difference.

35245[/snapback]

Hey, I agree mate.

35234[/snapback]

If you truly analyse Alex's arguments though you'll find that he can also rarely claim to be right either. Once you strip away the various clever caveats and conditions then you'll find that theres very little left of real substance tbh.

35250[/snapback]

:blink: Very true.

Alex may in fact be an AI computer algorythm from what I can tell. :razz:

35234[/snapback]

35237[/snapback]

35245[/snapback]

Hey, I agree mate.

35257[/snapback]

Good. Can we all be friends again, Gemmill included? :razz:

Manc-mag, that is the most retarded spot of quoting in HISTORY.

35253[/snapback]

I think we can all agree when I say that your shoes are completely unacceptable!

35259[/snapback]

Here man, not all of us can pull off the Run DMC look like you.

35234[/snapback]

35250[/snapback]

35258[/snapback]

Aye, with a fucked spell check programme.

35234[/snapback]

35250[/snapback]

35258[/snapback]

Aye, with a fucked spell check programme.

35262[/snapback]

Dick-licking tbh

35234[/snapback]

35237[/snapback]

35245[/snapback]

Hey, I agree mate.

35257[/snapback]

Good. Can we all be friends again, Gemmill included? :blink:

35260[/snapback]

Aye but any more foot-stamping like before and there'll be trouble. :razz:

35234[/snapback]

35237[/snapback]

35245[/snapback]

Hey, I agree mate.

35257[/snapback]

35260[/snapback]

No problemo :razz:

35234[/snapback]

35237[/snapback]

35245[/snapback]

Hey, I agree mate.

35257[/snapback]

35260[/snapback]

No problemo :razz:

35273[/snapback]

Okay.

I'm not sitting next to Gemmill though. His clothes smell of wee.

Considering what he inherited and what he's spent 4th should be the target and anything below 6th is unacceptable.

If he actually got 4th i'd acknowledge a job well done and give credit where its due. If he got 5th or 6th i'd says he's done allright but not exactly spectacular considering the resources available and be looking for a new man to come in, but at leats be coming into a decent situation.

Anything below isn't good enough and i should hope Souness haters/lovers/indifferents alike can all see that.

I'll not bother mentioning winning trophies i think we all know that NUFC winning a trophy would require the curse to be lifted from thic lcub!

Considering what he inherited and what he's spent 4th should be the target and anything below 6th is unacceptable.

If he actually got 4th i'd acknowledge a job well done and give credit where its due. If he got 5th or 6th i'd says he's done allright but not exactly spectacular considering the resources available and be looking for a new man to come in, but at leats be coming into a decent situation.

Anything below isn't good enough and i should hope Souness haters/lovers/indifferents alike can all see that.

I'll not bother mentioning winning trophies i think we all know that NUFC winning a trophy would require the curse to be lifted from thic lcub!

35324[/snapback]

Jesus wept!

That's more 'the exorcist' than mere tourettes! :razz:

35324[/snapback]

Jesus wept!

That's more 'the exorcist' than mere tourettes! :razz:

35327[/snapback]

So you're suggesting Souness is actually possessed by the dark lord satan himself and thats why he's doing what he's doing? :blink:

If what he inherited was 'worthy' of finishing where you say it was, then why did Fat Fred find the need to sack SBR in the first place...

I think you'll find the club was already in rapid decline before Souness took over....and the dressing room had been well and truly lost!

If what he inherited was 'worthy' of finishing where you say it was, then why did Fat Fred find the need to sack SBR in the first place...

I think you'll find the club was already in rapid decline before Souness took over....and the dressing room had been well and truly lost!

35332[/snapback]

I said what he inherited AND what he's spent (£50m)

The argument over what he inherited has been done to death. Bobby needed to go as he was starting to become too stubbrn and was makign mistakes, Fred of course did it at the wrong time. If the dressing room had been lost as you say then the new manager needed only to regain it and he'd have plenty of talent available to use. Personally i don't believe he had "lost" the dressing room, he was just making too many mistakes, playing favourites and victims with players and being way too stubborn.

But that squad was a top 6 squad especially when you think how bad the prem has been in recent years with teams like Everton finishing 4th and Bolton easilly getting into europe.

So with that, having got rid of wo he didn't want and havign spent £50m do you really think anything under 6th is acceptable?