An appreciation of the Shearer freekick

Jimbo

You can have your flouncey Beckham/Roberto Carlos swerving freekicks, its about time some credit and appreciation was given to the Shearer style rocket freekick.

No need to cover your bollocks or make an attempt to jump if you are in the line defending a Beckham freekick, no bravery envolved at all, you know that fucker will swerve and bend and you'll be nowhere near it.

A Shearer on the otherhand, you are going to face that ball coming at you at 100miles an hour and a good chance, if you are unlucky, your testicals might be on the end of it.

Its high time the Shearer freekick got the credit it deserves.

You can have your flouncey Beckham/Roberto Carlos swerving freekicks, its about time some credit and appreciation was given to the Shearer style rocket freekick.

No need to cover your bollocks or make an attempt to jump if you are in the line defending a Beckham freekick, no bravery envolved at all, you know that fucker will swerve and bend and you'll be nowhere near it.

A Shearer on the otherhand, you are going to face that ball coming at you at 100miles an hour and a good chance, if you are unlucky, your testicals might be on the end of it.

35340[/snapback]

To be honest, from that sort of range it was the only selection of shot that was justified. Just a matter of finding the gap. Though having said that, having seen the replays I'm still amazed he managed to do that!

35340[/snapback]

To be honest, from that sort of range it was the only selection of shot that was justified. Just a matter of finding the gap. Though having said that, having seen the replays I'm still amazed he managed to do that!

35344[/snapback]

Agreed, but its the fact he's done it time after time, he nearly always manages to "find that gap".

that Shearer free-kick against Arsenal a few years ago could be my favourite like... so far out and the ball just seemed like if it didn't hit the net it wasn't going to stop

that Shearer free-kick against Arsenal a few years ago could be my favourite like... so far out and the ball just seemed like if it didn't hit the net it wasn't going to stop

35368[/snapback]

Dunno if it's the same one but the one he scored in the 5-3 loss to man Utd (when Bernard scored with a cross) was some goal.

35368[/snapback]

Dunno if it's the same one but the one he scored in the 5-3 loss to man Utd (when Bernard scored with a cross) was some goal.

35375[/snapback]

This one?

goalsig3bg.jpg

35368[/snapback]

35375[/snapback]

Thats the badger! :razz:

35368[/snapback]

35375[/snapback]

Shearer vs Man Utd

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2C0CR4C...6N21MB4729BYXM4

Shearer vs Arsenal

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=35IGB0E...AQ2AQKTPZ68HPT6

35368[/snapback]

35375[/snapback]

Shearer vs Man Utd

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2C0CR4C...6N21MB4729BYXM4

Shearer vs Arsenal

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=35IGB0E...AQ2AQKTPZ68HPT6

35384[/snapback]

Far more impressive than the Roberto Carlos in La Tournoir :razz:

Class freekicks but the Roberto Carlos one is the best freekick I've ever seen.

35396[/snapback]

Stuff-and-nonsense!

Has to be seen in the true context of him taking 1000 free kicks per game and missing nearly all of them by a country mile.

Complete fluke! :razz:

35396[/snapback]

Stuff-and-nonsense!

Has to be seen in the true context of him taking 1000 free kicks per game and missing nearly all of them by a country mile.

35401[/snapback]

I'm judging it purely on what it was, a class freekick.

35396[/snapback]

Stuff-and-nonsense!

35401[/snapback]

I'm judging it purely on what it was, a class freekick.

35404[/snapback]

You havent got the hair you were born with, Alex!

..brains..BRAINS, I meant brains!

35396[/snapback]

Stuff-and-nonsense!

35401[/snapback]

I saw Carlos play in the flesh last year and he put in one of the worst performances I have ever seen at the top level (Real Madrid).

But you can't deny that free kick was possibly the best ever, and as I am sure he intended it, it was no fluke.

35396[/snapback]

Stuff-and-nonsense!

35401[/snapback]

I saw Carlos play in the flesh last year and he put in one of the worst performances I have ever seen at the top level (Real Madrid).

But you can't deny that free kick was possibly the best ever, and as I am sure he intended it, it was no fluke.

35408[/snapback]

Aye, he meant it like, but he must have been the most surprised person in the entire ground to actually see it go in.

35396[/snapback]

Stuff-and-nonsense!

35401[/snapback]

35408[/snapback]

Aye, he meant it like, but he must have been the most surprised person in the entire ground to actually see it go in.

35410[/snapback]

So, he meant it, but it was a complete fluke eh? You gobshite!

35396[/snapback]

Stuff-and-nonsense!

Complete fluke! :blink:

35401[/snapback]

35408[/snapback]

35410[/snapback]

So, he meant it, but it was a complete fluke eh? You gobshite!

35411[/snapback]

Go and ask him to do it again :razz: