Classic memories

Craig

Jesus that takes me back, thanks for posting it,fantastic really enjoyed that cheers!! :hiya:

Was hoping that it would have that kind of reaction... :lol:

1987/88 was the first season I was a season ticket holder. I'd been to games the season before but only when we could afford to get tickets. I'd love to find more clips of that era.... if anyone finds any, make sure it's posted :lol:

(and I bet 2J samples some of that footage of Gazza showboating :icon_lol: )

Aye, 87/88 was when I started going in dribs and drabs, and then the 'wonderful' 88/89 season was when I started to go 'propa' so to speak i.e the Nova let kids in.

Ye naa the first game of the next season at home, we'd lost 4-0 at the blue dippers the week before, but honestly I reckon up to when the ground was enclosed, the atmosphere that day against Spurs was completely unbelievable. FAT BOY FAT BOY WHATS THE SCORE?

It was loud, but iirc there was also a fairly large and loud contingent of monkey chanting going on that day for various members of the Spurs team. First time I'd really see racism 'up close' so to speak.

Jesus that takes me back, thanks for posting it,fantastic really enjoyed that cheers!! :hiya:

Was hoping that it would have that kind of reaction... :lol:

1987/88 was the first season I was a season ticket holder. I'd been to games the season before but only when we could afford to get tickets. I'd love to find more clips of that era.... if anyone finds any, make sure it's posted :lol:

(and I bet 2J samples some of that footage of Gazza showboating :icon_lol: )

Aye, 87/88 was when I started going in dribs and drabs, and then the 'wonderful' 88/89 season was when I started to go 'propa' so to speak i.e the Nova let kids in.

Ye naa the first game of the next season at home, we'd lost 4-0 at the blue dippers the week before, but honestly I reckon up to when the ground was enclosed, the atmosphere that day against Spurs was completely unbelievable. FAT BOY FAT BOY WHATS THE SCORE?

It was loud, but iirc there was also a fairly large and loud contingent of monkey chanting going on that day for various members of the Spurs team. First time I'd really see racism 'up close' so to speak.

It was an aggressive atmosphere like I think a lot of racist abuse was directed towards Mitchell Thomas and a few banana's peppered the Gallowgate corner flag along with Mars Bars for Gazza.

Jesus that takes me back, thanks for posting it,fantastic really enjoyed that cheers!! <_<

Was hoping that it would have that kind of reaction... :razz:

1987/88 was the first season I was a season ticket holder. I'd been to games the season before but only when we could afford to get tickets. I'd love to find more clips of that era.... if anyone finds any, make sure it's posted :D

(and I bet 2J samples some of that footage of Gazza showboating :) )

Just a crying shame we came out in the second half and capitulated and they salvaged a draw though wasn't it? :woosh:

• 6 months later...

fook me craig!! give us some more, SACK THE BOARD. i bought the Alan Robson and the Flashing Blades song, with the Chronicle song on b side :lol:

talking about memories, i went to the docs in Blackburn on Monday, its near the Thwaites Brewery site and the smell of the hops was amazing, brought back so many memories of midweek games in the Gallowgate end, sad i know, but i sat in car for about 10 mins

fook me craig!! give us some more, SACK THE BOARD. i bought the Alan Robson and the Flashing Blades song, with the Chronicle song on b side :lol:

talking about memories, i went to the docs in Blackburn on Monday, its near the Thwaites Brewery site and the smell of the hops was amazing, brought back so many memories of midweek games in the Gallowgate end, sad i know, but i sat in car for about 10 mins

You were looking for fellow doggers, don't lie.

fucking hell Craig, where'd you find these?

surprisingly on YouTube.. :lol:

Keep digging lads, we need some more archive stuff :lol:

Guest Stevie

I've got a big fuckin hard on here, and Martyn Tyler hasnt even announced Man Utd;s line up yet, this was a 0-0 draw Tinnion hits the post, for wanks like The Fish listen to the atmosphere.

• 6 months later...

Time for some more.... I was at this game, stood in the Milburn paddocks (towards the leazes end of the tunnel). And yep, yet another arse-raping from Liverpool :lol: