Hello everyone

DanTheMan

Newcastle Uni :lol:

I moved all my stuff up yesterday, and it seems ok. My room's alright. Sharing a little kitchen and a bathroom with 10 other people though.... not something I'm looking forward to, but oh well. In Oz I shared my kitchen with 49 other people, so I guess I can cope!!!!!

lou,my bro is sharing too,its alreet though cos he gets to use all there pans and that,u`ll be fine mate,its a good crack! ;) what are you studying?

brock manson, *me thinks you are lying,so keeps gun near by* :lol:

Edited by Wiley

I moved all my stuff up yesterday, and it seems ok.  My room's alright.  Sharing a little kitchen and a bathroom with 10 other people though.... not something I'm looking forward to, but oh well.  In Oz I shared my kitchen with 49 other people, so I guess I can cope!!!!!

37734[/snapback]

I shared with 11 others in first-year halls, all male. It was the first time they'd tried that permutation - as far as I know, previously they'd only ever done mixed or all-female flats. And I think we ensured they never repeated the experiment.... :lol:

Hello all.

I go to Uni on Saturday.  That's a bit scary.

37720[/snapback]

Relax, you'll love it. Meet loads of interesting new people, have the time of your life. I went out every night for the first two weeks of 'freshers' (just to be sociable you understand) believing that I would return to my going-out-once-a-week ways after that. How wrong I was. :lol:

Meenzer, I dread to think what you got up to with 11 other guys!!!!! Please, please, don't tell me.

Wiley, I'm studying Marketing and Management.

And yeh, everyone'll be the same when I get there on Saturday, so that's cool. And having spent my last year in Oz, meeting new people, I know I'm good at making friends. I'm quite happy to walk up to random people and start chatting.

we get loads of free activites during freshers week. well, ok, we had to pay £45 to start with. but after that, it's free. eg: paintballing.... laserquest.... go-karting..... YAY!! Can't wait... sounds such fun.

AND i get free broadband connection in my room - woohoo!

I moved all my stuff up yesterday, and it seems ok.  My room's alright.  Sharing a little kitchen and a bathroom with 10 other people though.... not something I'm looking forward to, but oh well.  In Oz I shared my kitchen with 49 other people, so I guess I can cope!!!!!

37734[/snapback]

I shared with 11 others in first-year halls, all male. It was the first time they'd tried that permutation - as far as I know, previously they'd only ever done mixed or all-female flats. And I think we ensured they never repeated the experiment.... :lol:

37738[/snapback]

Let me make sure I've got this right here so I don't make the mistake of coming over all tabloid and alarmist. You're alleging that the fact that you were put in an all male flat TURNED YOU INTO A RAVING HEEMASEX BOTTOM FIEND???!!!

Let me make sure I've got this right here so I don't make the mistake of coming over all tabloid and alarmist. You're alleging that the fact that you were put in an all male flat TURNED YOU INTO A RAVING HEEMASEX BOTTOM FIEND???!!!

37881[/snapback]

No, I'm alleging that I turned all of them into... ah never mind. :razz:

Intrigued as to how you made sure they never repeated that scenario......

37905[/snapback]

Three fire alarms and resultant building evacuations by the end of the first weekend pretty much set the tone for the year... soon started to lose count of the number of middle-of-the-night interventions by the various on-duty porters and postgrads because of noise complaints and the like. Largely down to a couple of the lads and first-year high spirits, really, but it was almost always our corridor at the centre of things like that and I'm sure some female presence would have kept them in check.

Nothing particularly exciting, really... and certainly not the kind of disgraceful antics mancy was hoping for :lol:

today i have mostly been feeling sorry for myself because i'm missing out on all the fun of Melbourne Fringe Festival, which ALL my friends are involved in.

and have also been feeling a bit nervous about la uni...