Alan Wilkie Suspended

Kid Dynamite

Read that in the papers today and they were right to do it. Its one big bunch of mates the whole ref system, the assessors don't do their job properly and call refs on it when they're shite and finally they've actually punished one for marking a ref highly when he'd been shite, about time really.

The fact that there were no comebacks on Riley for that goal at Chelsea proves to me the system is flawed.

Anything now is just tokenism.

Edited by NJS

Guest BigThompers
I've been reffed by George Courtney before :lol:

Fantastic man, one of the nicest blokes I've ever met. He's still reffing youth games, even though he's in his mid-60s!

Aye he's a top bloke like. It made a massive difference having him over a Sunday League ref too.

Me Dad knows George Courtney. I remember meeting him in Benidorm one year, about 25 years ago. Refereed a couple of World Cups iirc.

Me Dad knows George Courtney. I remember meeting him in Benidorm one year, about 25 years ago. Refereed a couple of World Cups iirc.

Used to be one of me grandas best mates when he was alive, always used to give him tickets for the Cup Final every year.

Used to be one of me grandas best mates when he was alive, always used to give him tickets for the Cup Final every year.

No shit? My Dad used to frequently give him his name :lol:

No shit? My Dad used to frequently give him his name :lol:

Aye man. This was me other granda like, he died when I was about 5.

I've met Wilkie, he did a talk in at the Blue Flame. To be honest, he came across as a bit arrogant, seemed to be living off the fact he sent Cantona off for the kung fu kick (even though he admitted he didn't see it, his linesman told him to send him off) and that he reffed Beckhams first ever senior game. As an aside, I won a MOTD video in the raffle and he signed it. Now that's class.

Courtney is fantastic, he doesn't accept any money for the games he does, just does it for the love of it!

Good to see he doesn't take bribes like I must admit.

I've met Wilkie, he did a talk in at the Blue Flame. To be honest, he came across as a bit arrogant, seemed to be living off the fact he sent Cantona off for the kung fu kick (even though he admitted he didn't see it, his linesman told him to send him off) and that he reffed Beckhams first ever senior game. As an aside, I won a MOTD video in the raffle and he signed it. Now that's class.

He was already sent off when he launched the vicious and unprovoked attack upon the innocent bystander.

He was already sent off when he launched the vicious and unprovoked attack upon the innocent bystander.

Was going to say that, Wilkie actually didn't see the kick at all, he only found out about it after the game! A bit sly of him to say that like!