Rino to receive Milan axe?

Scottish Mag

Press reports in Italy suggest that Milan could begin their summer clearout by sensationally selling Gennaro Gattuso.

The world champions have just five games left to save their season and secure Champions League football by clawing back fourth-placed Fiorentina’s four-point lead.

With the Rossoneri’s squad ageing, they are expected to make sweeping changes at the end of the campaign wherever they finish in the table and Gattuso, who has disappointed this term, could make way for new blood.

There have been suggestions that Bayern Munich could step in to sign the 30-year-old, who would link up with Azzurri teammate Luca Toni.

It has been reported that Premier League sides Tottenham and Newcastle and Scottish giants Rangers are keeping an eye on the Gattuso situation.

A move across the Channel doesn’t seem out of the question given that Rino spent the 1997-98 season with Rangers and has a Scottish wife.

He's looked on the decline like for at least a year. Milan could seriously do with the cash as well, so a possible of selling him while they can seems about right.

Hasn't he said something about wanting to return to Rangers at some point in his career?

Edit: from gfdb.com (the first thing to come up on Google)

However he has recently also stated a desire to rejoin Rangers, where he quotes "I don't know when it will happen but it will happen". The Italian still holds major ties with Rangers and clearly believes he has unfinished business at Ibrox. He later went back on the claim.
Edited by Walliver

I can't think of a player I can less stand than Twatuso. A kicking, diving, whinging arsehole of a player.

:D The only thing you need to make it worse is for him to come here, past his sell-by date for a final payday.

Why would the need the cash if something did happen I'm sure the owner will help them out even if he is trying to show fiscal control. Also I'm not sure they would get big money for him either.

All though he may be on a large wage.

Edited by khay

I can't think of a player I can less stand than Twatuso. A kicking, diving, whinging arsehole of a player.

Emre?

Emre is coming close, but doesn't reach the necessary level of twatness. Twaterazzi on the other hand...

Emre?

Emre is coming close, but doesn't reach the necessary level of twatness. Twaterazzi on the other hand...

There's even a clue in the name and everything. ;)

Emre?

There's even a clue in the name and everything. ;)

Oh, I am pretty sure Emre means twat in Turkish. :icon_lol:

Gattuso would be an amazing siging for any premier league side tbh.

Don't think he'd get a game for the top four any more so I'm not sure about that. Davids to Spurs all over again imo.