Ashley demands showdown talks

Jimbo

It really isn't.

Keegan Knows if he had £500M at his disposal it wouldn't break Newcastle into the top four next year. That's all he's saying.

If he had twice that he wouldn`t make the top 8.

2/10.

Try harder next time.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really isn't.

Keegan Knows if he had £500M at his disposal it wouldn't break Newcastle into the top four next year. That's all he's saying.

If he had twice that he wouldn`t make the top 8.

if rafa had that much he'd probably spend it all on gareth barry

It really isn't.

Well I think it is :lol:

Aye because we can't attract the quality of player.

What's the situation with you xbox atm it says mine should be back next week.

Exactly. It's like the soldiers arriving at the concentration camps, they wanted to feed the skeletal inmates up, fill their bellies so they'd feel better, but couldn't as their stomachs couldn't handle it. They had to be slowly weened from a few spoons of gruel, to soup, to porridge, to mash, to bread, to proper meat over time.

Just checked the xbox and apparently "Repair Status: Device Shipped to Customer" :lol:

I'm off to buy GTA4 at lunch time.

with 500mil of course he could attract the top quality players. all the players are bothered about is how much they wil get paid

Like Modric?

Guest alex
Agree with Hadrian like. Much the same was made of Robson's hiatus from the English game. There has been a change - particularly with Chelsea / Abramovich, obviously.

Didn't Robson take two or three years to get us in the champions league himself, Pre-Roman/Pre-Glazers/Pre-Hicks&Gillet?

Isn't KK saying there's no chance of him getting into the top 4 in that time though?

Agree with Hadrian like. Much the same was made of Robson's hiatus from the English game. There has been a change - particularly with Chelsea / Abramovich, obviously.

Didn't Robson take two or three years to get us in the champions league himself, Pre-Roman/Pre-Glazers/Pre-Hicks&Gillet?

Isn't KK saying there's no chance of him getting into the top 4 in that time though?

Yeah, I'm saying it took Robson a few years even when it was a lot more open, and there was a lot less competition for expensive players. I think Keegans read the current situation quite well.

Guest alex

Yeah, I'm saying it took Robson a few years even when it was a lot more open, and there was a lot less competition for expensive players. I think Keegans read the current situation quite well.

I think we've got our wires crossed. I was really agreeing that although a lot is said about how much football has moved on and so on, it hasn't moved on that much in that we can't get back into the top 4. Obviously it'll be hard but Everton haven't been that far away in recent years and neither have Spurs (one result / a dodgy meal off it).

I think we've got our wires crossed. I was really agreeing that although a lot is said about how much football has moved on and so on, it hasn't moved on that much in that we can't get back into the top 4. Obviously it'll be hard but Everton haven't been that far away in recent years and neither have Spurs (one result / a dodgy meal off it).

Aye, I think you're both right.

It really isn't.

Exactly. It's like the soldiers arriving at the concentration camps, they wanted to feed the skeletal inmates up, fill their bellies so they'd feel better, but couldn't as their stomachs couldn't handle it. They had to be slowly weened from a few spoons of gruel, to soup, to porridge, to mash, to bread, to proper meat over time.

Just checked the xbox and apparently "Repair Status: Device Shipped to Customer" :lol:

with 500mil of course he could attract the top quality players. all the players are bothered about is how much they wil get paid

Like Modric?

your point is????? keegan doesnt have 500mil to spend but if he did he would easily have been able to get modric

Guest alex
It really isn't.

Like Modric?

your point is????? keegan doesnt have 500mil to spend but if he did he would easily have been able to get modric

I think his point is Modric went to Spurs despite us offering better personal terms thus disproving your theory.

I thought I'd misconstrued something or other.

I do think the gap has widened since Everton last broke the top 4 monopoly 4 years ago though. No-one's been within ten points of fourth the last couple of years.

It really isn't.

Like Modric?

I think his point is Modric went to Spurs despite us offering better personal terms thus disproving your theory.

did we have an offer accepted for modric? do you know what his wages are for spurs? do you know how much we were willing to offer?

tbh i dont think you will

Guest alex
It really isn't.

Like Modric?

did we have an offer accepted for modric? do you know what his wages are for spurs? do you know how much we were willing to offer?

I'm going off direct quotes from Mort. He could be lying of course. What are you going off though? Pure bullshit by the looks of it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/7390139.stm

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan says he is looking forward to his meeting with owner Mike Ashley in London on Friday.

The pair's relationship is reported to have soured after Keegan claimed that Newcastle were unlikely to break into top four during his time in charge.

But Keegan said: "I am going to London on Friday to talk with Mike Ashley. That is a good thing and I will look forward to it.

"That's the only comment I am going to make on anything to do with that."

A pre-match press conference ahead of Newcastle's Premier League match at Everton was brought forward 24 hours to pre-empt questions on the meeting.

"This is a pre-match conference for the game against Everton and that's all I'm going to talk about from now on," added the 57-year-old, who rejoined Newcastle four months ago.

Speculation continues over Keegan's future at St James' Park after the manager's comments following Newcastle's 2-0 defeat to Chelsea on Monday.

Keegan claimed the Premier League would continue to be dominated by Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

"Maybe the owner thinks we can bridge that gap - but we can't," said Keegan after the match.

"This league is in danger of becoming one of the most boring but great leagues in the world."

Keegan, who turned Newcastle into title contenders when he managed them from February 1992 until January 1997, has been promised funds to attract big-name signings in the summer.

But he has repeatedly indicated his dissatisfaction that striker Michael Owen has not been tied down to a new contract, while he has also sarcastically said his relationship with his billionaire owner was good because they never spoke.

It really isn't.

Like Modric?

I'm going off direct quotes from Mort. He could be lying of course. What are you going off though? Pure bullshit by the looks of it.

what are you on about? your claiming modric chose spurs over us despite us offering better personal terms when you have no proof that was the case. Also my point was we would be able to attract top quality players with 500mil because money wouldnt be a problem so we would be able to move in on players quicker. imo the only reason he went to spurs because they made a move for him quicker

It really isn't.

Like Modric?

what are you on about? your claiming modric chose spurs over us despite us offering better personal terms when you have no proof that was the case. Also my point was we would be able to attract top quality players with 500mil because money wouldnt be a problem so we would be able to move in on players quicker. imo the only reason he went to spurs because they made a move for him quicker

No they didn't, we spoke to him first.

Guest alex

I'll explain it for you shall I? Since comprehension doesn't appear to be a strong point of yours. You said players are only interested in the money. Happy Face cited Modric as an example of one who wasn't. You asked what his point was. I pointed out we'd offered Modric better personal terms. According to our chairman that is. I'll get the quotes if you like. I would imagine they're true since the player and Spurs could easily refute the claims.

I'll explain it for you shall I? Since comprehension doesn't appear to be a strong point of yours. You said players are only interested in the money. Happy Face cited Modric as an example of one who wasn't. You asked what his point was. I pointed out we'd offered Modric better personal terms. According to our chairman that is. I'll get the quotes if you like. I would imagine they're true since the player and Spurs could easily refute the claims.

ok so say we have the money chelsea do. and im no sure how much modric is on for spurs but il say 50k. if we went and offered him 100k your saying he still would have went to spurs?

Guest alex

ok so say we have the money chelsea do. and im no sure how much modric is on for spurs but il say 50k. if we went and offered him 100k your saying he still would have went to spurs?

No, I'm not saying that. I was countering the argument that money was all players were interested in. Are you saying we should have offered £100k a week then?

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan says he is looking forward to his meeting with owner Mike Ashley in London on Friday.

The pair's relationship is reported to have soured after Keegan claimed that Newcastle were unlikely to break into top four during his time in charge.

But Keegan said: "I am going to London on Friday to talk with Mike Ashley. That is a good thing and I will look forward to it.

A pre-match press conference ahead of Newcastle's Premier League match at Everton was brought forward 24 hours to pre-empt questions on the meeting.

"This is a pre-match conference for the game against Everton and that's all I'm going to talk about from now on," added the 57-year-old, who rejoined Newcastle four months ago.

Speculation continues over Keegan's future at St James' Park after the manager's comments following Newcastle's 2-0 defeat to Chelsea on Monday.

Keegan claimed the Premier League would continue to be dominated by Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

"Maybe the owner thinks we can bridge that gap - but we can't," said Keegan after the match.

"This league is in danger of becoming one of the most boring but great leagues in the world."

Keegan, who turned Newcastle into title contenders when he managed them from February 1992 until January 1997, has been promised funds to attract big-name signings in the summer.

But he has repeatedly indicated his dissatisfaction that striker Michael Owen has not been tied down to a new contract, while he has also sarcastically said his relationship with his billionaire owner was good because they never spoke.

Something that does piss me off about this is why the fuck is Keegan being summonsed to London by Ashley two days before a Premiership match? Surely it would be in the best interests of all if Ashley made his way up to Tyneside if he has issues?

I know a lot of it is press garbage, but I'm starting to feel a bit uneasy about the fact the club is increasingly seeming to be run from London rather than Newcastle...

Something that does piss me off about this is why the fuck is Keegan being summonsed to London by Ashley two days before a Premiership match? Surely it would be in the best interests of all if Ashley made his way up to Tyneside if he has issues?

My thoughts exactly.

I know a lot of it is press garbage, but I'm starting to feel a bit uneasy about the fact the club is increasingly seeming to be run from London rather than Newcastle...

I'd hope it'll all happen in the afternoon/evening after training. It's only an hour flight isn't it?

there is no chance of keegan getting sacked unless the fans turn against him, (which i think is unlikely). Ashley would dare sack him because ashley wants all the fans to love him and this could turn them against him.

Oh the irony...................so Ashley is plastic! Who`d have thought that........... :lol: