Oh My!

Tom

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex

They didn't carry out due process or whatever it's called before buying the club iirc, relying on the info. from a previous takeover consortium (Polygon?) so it's entirely possible they found some debts they weren't aware of at first.

They didn't carry out due process or whatever it's called before buying the club iirc, relying on the info. from a previous takeover consortium (Polygon?) so it's entirely possible they found some debts they weren't aware of at first.

due diligence

Edited by Isegrim

Guest alex

due diligence

Thank you.

due diligence

Thank you.

You're welcome!

yeah they did, that's what mort's refering to , and like i said in last weeks have a go at hadrian thread , its not actually debt in the sense me and you know it ,

the rest of the transfer fee for owen and martins is in with that 'debt' they are talking about , some of which isnt due for 3 year .

i really cbh trawling thru the net shoving every article in people face's

yeah they did, that's what mort's refering to , and like i said in last weeks have a go at hadrian thread , its not actually debt in the sense me and you know it ,

the rest of the transfer fee for owen and martins is in with that 'debt' they are talking about , some of which isnt due for 3 year .

Firstly, no they didn't do due diligence, that is widely accepted.

Secondly, they owe money to other clubs for transfers, they owe them money, how exactly is that not debt?

Guest alex

We don't know what this supposed debt is/was now it's no longer a PLC. I think that's right anyway. I'm just saying it's possible there was extra debt rather than taking Mort's word as gospel. It's equally possible they have an agenda to paint the previous regime in a bad light. The initial figures weren't 'set in stone' though.

Secondly, they owe money to other clubs for transfers, they owe them money, how exactly is that not debt?

"It's a bit more complicated than saying there's a debt figure of £x. In terms of money being spent by the club it is more convoluted than that. It's not that debt has been squirrelled away, it's spending some of the money before it comes in, which frankly, is not necessarily debt, it's just a means of investing money before you've actually got it. There's been a bit of that, the club has done that."

and no alex.

"It's a bit more complicated than saying there's a debt figure of £x. In terms of money being spent by the club it is more convoluted than that. It's not that debt has been squirrelled away, it's spending some of the money before it comes in, which frankly, is not necessarily debt, it's just a means of investing money before you've actually got it. There's been a bit of that, the club has done that."

and no alex.

How is that quote relevant to anything I've said?

and no alex.

How is that quote relevant to anything I've said?

the northern rock money is due to go out on owens tranfer the day it comes in .

Edited by Hadrian

And the Martin's transfer you mentioned, is it not debt?

have you any business or accounting knowledge ? before i try and explain it .

A Msc in business management and currently training for my ACA, so yes, please do go ahead.

And the Martin's transfer you mentioned, is it not debt?

have you any business or accounting knowledge ? before i try and explain it .

A Msc in business management and currently training for my ACA, so yes, please do go ahead.

your winding me up then , and im not gonna bite . you know fine well how that 'debt' is structured .

Yes debt is structured but again I'm failing to see your point, it's still debt. Maybe I'm missing the fucking obvious here but I can't really see how you're saying it's not real debt.

its not just me is it ? theres a nice mort quote in here for you saying the same aswell .

yes any money owed is 'debt' , what i said is the debt on this club is not in the sense as me or you would first assume , the 'debt' for players is like an interest free mortgage with the equity out on the pitch .

some of it could even be down as expenses for future seasons , alot of it will balance over the space of a few year .

I see what you're saying but it is still essentially debt, if you don't class it as such then fair enough but I think officially it is still seen as debt. Really whether it's £100 million or £80 million, it's still a fuck of a lot of money. I think we'll be able to judge Ashely's financial commitment to the club a lot better when the summer transfer window closes, until then all we can do is speculate.

Edited by ewerk