Emre to leave Newcastle

NobbySol

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gone.

So that's one of the absolute wasters on silly wages gone. Very good.

He was on 60k ish??

Speculation. But even if he was on 60ish it was far too much...

Of course. :headphonedance:

shame he was always injured. he was a useful player on his day

Didn't miss many Turkey games.

he was crocked at the euros wasn't he?

Yes he was Dan. My statement is still accurate however.

so you're saying he made more of an effort to get fit for internationals than for the club that pays his wages?

could the same criticism be levelled at micky owen?

so you're saying he made more of an effort to get fit for internationals than for the club that pays his wages?

The same criticism was levelled at Michael Owen yet Emre seemed to get away with it. And the only reason Emre missed the Euros was, iirc, because he got injured playing for Turkey in a friendly warm-up match after he hadn't featured for us for ages. Karma.

The same criticism was levelled at Michael Owen yet Emre seemed to get away with it. And the only reason Emre missed the Euros was, iirc, because he got injured playing for Turkey in a friendly warm-up match after he hadn't featured for us for ages. Karma.

Even worse as Owen actually has done a good job for us when fit while those "days" from Emre that Dan is speaking of were very, very rare.

What day was this? I don't seem to recall many of them.

I think it was when N'Zogbia played on the left of a midfield 3 ;)

howay man. when he was on form, he was a decent player - good touch and skill, set pieces and a decent shot on him. for me, emre's main problem was he always sat doo deep and didn't dominate midfield in the way better players do - i'm not sure if that's down to him, his managers or the poor quality players he's played alongside - possibly a combination of all three. i think he's a big disappointment because he obviously had some class, unlike a lot of our other players, but never did it consistently and was injured far too much. i expected more when we signed him, but am disappointed he never showed more of what he could do because he's obvioulsy got more craft and creativity about him than the likes of smith, butt, barton etc.

howay man. when he was on form, he was a decent player - good touch and skill, set pieces and a decent shot on him. for me, emre's main problem was he always sat doo deep and didn't dominate midfield in the way better players do - i'm not sure if that's down to him, his managers or the poor quality players he's played alongside - possibly a combination of all three. i think he's a big disappointment because he obviously had some class, unlike a lot of our other players, but never did it consistently and was injured far too much. i expected more when we signed him, but am disappointed he never showed more of what he could do because he's obvioulsy got more craft and creativity about him than the likes of smith, butt, barton etc.

Howay man what? He had about 3 good games for Newcastle. He was fucking waste of space. Don't buy the excuses at all either. He hadn't even been a player for about 3 years before we bought him. Apart from that though, he was class :razz: And I'd play Butt and Barton ahead of him every time too.

Howay man what? He had about 3 good games for Newcastle. He was fucking waste of space. Don't buy the excuses at all either. He hadn't even been a player for about 3 years before we bought him. Apart from that though, he was class :razz: And I'd play Butt and Barton ahead of him every time too.

barton? fuck off - even emre isn't that bad. you'll be saying you rate alan smith next. oh, hang on....

barton? fuck off - even emre isn't that bad. you'll be saying you rate alan smith next. oh, hang on....

Barton is better. He's certainly a much better bet in a Premiership midfield. And while you're trying to be funny there, it's worth remembering that my assessment of Smith was based on his time before he arrived at Newcastle and I fully admit I was wrong and he's shit, even upfront. Your rating of Emre is more perplexing seeing as it's based on having seen him in black and white. Although considering how you're the only person who seems to remember N'Zogbia doing well in a midfield 3 for us (or having seen him even play there) I'd question whether or not you just make stuff up when you're out of your depth.

Nice try all the same though.

Edited by alex

Barton is better. He's certainly a much better bet in a Premiership midfield. And while you're trying to be funny there, it's worth remembering that my assessment of Smith was based on his time before he arrived at Newcastle and I fully admit I was wrong and he's shit, even upfront. Your rating of Emre is more perplexing seeing as it's based on having seen him in black and white. Although considering how you're the only person who seems to remember N'Zogbia doing well in a midfield 3 for us (or having seen him even play there) I'd question whether or not you just make stuff up when you're out of your depth.

barton is absolute crap, as is smith in midfield. emre has more natural ability than the two combined....in my opinion of course. that's why i think it's a shame he was such a massive flop for us, because he obviosly had more talent than a lot of our other midfielders.

barton is absolute crap, as is smith in midfield. emre has more natural ability than the two combined....in my opinion of course. that's why i think it's a shame he was such a massive flop for us, because he obviosly had more talent than a lot of our other midfielders.

Natural ability isn't what it's all about though being a footballer, Glenn Hoddle was one of the most naturally talented players this country has ever had, compare his natural talent to that of Bryan Robson, but I know who I'd have rather had in my team any day of the week.

Talent for what? Did you see him play for us? Seriously man, he produced the odd good set-piece, showed the odd nice touch and had a good shot on him. On the downside he was a liability in terms of always being on the verge of a booking / sending off. Likewise he was frequently injured. He was far more bothered about being fit for Turkey than he was for us too. And when he did play, his ball retention was shocking man. There seems to have been this myth that's grown-up that he was some sort of creative playmaker but he used to give the ball away (even on the simple pass) so often it was untrue. He wasn't mobile, in terms of pace or being box-to-box. Aye, he could beat a man but the best he ever did was win a free-kick because he didn't have the pace or athleticism to get away from the bloke he'd just beaten. And he was weak as anything in the tackle too - I can think of at least one occasion when a weak tackle on the edge of the box led directly to a goal against us. That and he failed to perform to any consistent level with what? Four different managers? Have a word with yourself man.

Edited by alex

Talent for what? Did you see him play for us? Seriously man, he produced the odd good set-piece, showed the odd nice touch and had a good shot on him. On the downside he was a liability in terms of always being on the verge of a booking / sending off. Likewise he was frequently injured. He was far more bothered about being fit for Turkey than he was for us too. And when he did play, his ball retention was shocking man. There seems to have been this myth that's grown-up that he was some sort of creative playmaker but he used to give the ball away (even on the simple pass) so often it was untrue. He wasn't mobile, in terms of pace or being box-to-box. Aye, he could beat a man but the best he ever did was win a free-kick because he didn't have the pace or athleticism to get away from the bloke he'd just beaten. And he was weak as anything in the tackle too - I can think of at least one occasion when a weak tackle on the edge of the box led directly to a goal against us. That and he failed to perform to any consistent level with what? Four different managers? Have a word with yourself man.

that's what i'm talking about, and that's why it's a shame he was a flop for us (i'm not saying he wasn't for the record). he did have a good touch, decent shot and the ability to strike a dead ball - attributes that players like barton and smith (who are still at the club) don't posses - he showed glimpses of it for us but never often enough.

that's why i think he's a massive disappointment - with his natural ability he should have done much better. i saw him play for inter and turkey a few times before we signed him and was excited by him signing and thought we'd got ourselves a bargain for under £4m. shame he didn't do it often enough for us - i don't know if it's down soley to the player - laziness, injuries? or a combination of that and playing alongside shit players and under shit managers - who knows?

i'm just fed up that another player with natural ability has flopped for us - how come we're always left with 'triers' with little to no natural talent?

Don't you think it says a lot about how he'd been performing (or not) for Inter in the season or two prior to our signing him that they'd let him go for £4m. They were more than happy too. And the 'natural talent' you speak of (i.e. being good at a three of four aspects of the game)does not a good player make. Especially when it's coupled with an appalling attitude, fitness record and lack of athleticism to boot. That's why he flopped for us. Not a great mystery there.

Don't you think it says a lot about how he'd been performing (or not) for Inter in the season or two prior to our signing him that they'd let him go for £4m. They were more than happy too. And the 'natural talent' you speak of (i.e. being good at a three of four aspects of the game)does not a good player make. Especially when it's coupled with an appalling attitude, fitness record and lack of athleticism to boot. That's why he flopped for us. Not a great mystery there.

you're probably right. it's still disappointing when you see the cloggers we're left with in midfield.

you're probably right. it's still disappointing when you see the cloggers we're left with in midfield.

;) I know mate. I can't argue with you there.