Aldo Duscher

Scottish Mag

Newcastle United are on the trail of Deportivo La Coruna midfielder Aldo Duscher.

The Argentina international has revealed he has spoken to Magpies boss Graeme Souness regarding a possible move in January.

Duscher is open to his departure from Deportivo and had been linked with a switch to Tottenham Hotspur in August.

The tough-tackling Duscher was delighted to speak to Souness and praised the Scot's knowledge of the game.

"When I heard the news I didn't give too much importance to it but then I received a phone call from Graeme Souness saying that he is interested in having me in the team next year," said Duscher.

"I had a very nice conversation with him. I had never spoken with Souness before and he is a very kind person.

"In addition, what surprised me most was how much he knew about my career, not only what I have done in Europe, he also knew things about me from Argentina."

Duscher is perhaps best remembered in England for being the man who broke David Beckham's metatarsal in a UEFA Champions League tie with Manchester United.

The incident occurred prior to the 2002 World Cup but, should Duscher secure a deal with Newcastle, he does not feel it would hinder his Premiership career.

He added: "I think that things that have happened in the past are already forgotten and I have already left everything clear when they happened.

"Besides, English supporters are different from fans in other countries. They respect you and they exam you for what you do for the team and not for what you did in the past.

"Despite all this I know that these are the first conversations and, even though January isn't too far away, there isn't anything signed so I have to keep on thinking of my current team and then wait to see what happens in the future.

"It would be very nice for my career history to play in England."

Souness is well stocked in the midfield department and admits he is trying to ensure his injured players return to fitness before stepping up his interest in Duscher.

He said: "I am a fan of Duscher but at the moment I am concentrating on getting the players we have already brought in on the pitch together."

"I had a very nice conversation with him. I had never spoken with Souness before and he is a very kind person.

ahh Bless

It was Portuguese club Sporting Lisbon who took him to Europe at the age of 19, and he would play a big part in making them champions of Portugal in 2000. It made him being considered an enormous talent and he attracted the attention of several European top clubs. But in July of that year Deportivo eventually reached in their pockets to take him to Galicia.

But because of several injuries Irureta did not count on him for the season 2000/2001 and he only made his Liga debut in January against Valladolid. This also had to do with the fierce competition of players like Mauro Silva, César Sampaio and Emerson. He played just 5 Liga matches that campaign but improved this number to 21 the next campaign.

Only in the season 2002/2003 he started to prove his real worth and increased his Liga appearances to 31. Irureta started to believe in his capabilities and he was given sufficient minutes to demonstrate his skills. One of the best matches he played that season was in Italy against Juventus.

Most European viewers of football had a negative first experience with Duscher, as a rough tackle of him on David Beckham caused a media row and the British media portrayed him as some sort of animal. But Duscher kept his cool and not much looks able to disturb him. He resembles Mauro Silva a lot, and the Brazilian legend himself already has expressed his confidence in the capabilities of Duscher. Deportivo's midfield in the next seasons could become his domain.

He will be a strong addition to the midfield. Parker and Emre are already looking to set their mark on the Newcastle first team and his arrival will only up their performances. I dont know how much they want for him, but a resonable deal can be struck im sure.

I like whats happening to Newcastle, its exciting to think you will be up again. I hope Souness gets his players and gets his results.

Good luck

Cheers

In January we have to be going for a striker and a left back, that is the clear priorities that we should be addressing.

If we ever get our players fit then midfield isn't an area we need to sort out first, but cover at LB or a better LB and another striker are vital.

What are you wittering on about now?

41603[/snapback]

I thought you were commenting on Yogic's post, where you're given useful information and wished good luck. Sorry, I take it you weren't then?

41718[/snapback]

OMG he said good luck, fuck me I'll get down on my knees and suck him off then, shall I?

jwtbh.

41603[/snapback]

I thought you were commenting on Yogic's post, where you're given useful information and wished good luck. Sorry, I take it you weren't then?

41718[/snapback]

OMG he said good luck, fuck me I'll get down on my knees and suck him off then, shall I?

jwtbh.

41757[/snapback]

No but you could at least get your head out of your ass and get over your obsession of being a miserable cynical git.

41603[/snapback]

41718[/snapback]

jwtbh.

41757[/snapback]

:lol:

I thought Duscher was 29? I'd like to see us trailing a LB tbh.