Privatise the NHS

ChezGiven

Aimed at Rob, Leazes or both? ;)

Leazes is class when he comes on pissed anyway and calls everyone a 'cunt'.

Spot on. It was deliberately left as an 'open letter', but you can add Fop to the list too.

Hilarious how they profess some of the strongest opinions on here but time and again fold under cross examination from someone with any actual expertise in a subject.

No coincidence either that these are all too scared to admit what they do in their professional life.

Yes actually "expertise" that didn't even know about a universal flu vaccine being developed. B)

Like I said before I've probably got more experience in the field than he has, or at least if he has more than me he should be very ashamed. :icon_lol:

Mate, Chez has effectively made you look like a know-nowt gobshite in this very thread, so i'm simply saying that whatever you say now in here you look like a tool by default anyway.

My point is, your dignity should tell you to leave well alone but you clearly can’t help yourself. :(

He has some expertise at pulling figures out of his ass, I agree (when you look at them, like his Singapore example he runs away :aye:B) ).

But that's not what we're talking about. :D

You of all people cannot criticise posters for being selective about what questions they answer. Coming from you that is utterly embarrassing.

Again this proves my point though, to have the brass neck to come out with that in this very thread! Basically after a while it doesn’t matter what point you’re making, you pass a threshold where it’s fair game for people to respond to you with insults and derision. I for one certainly reserve that right.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Potential Universal flu jab, by looking at things in a slightly different way. Saying something can't or won't be done because it can't be done now or is difficult to do now is spurious.

Although again it underlines the big issue in UK publicly funded research, which is it has often done the expensive leg work, and then the private sector moves in take the $$$'s.

You do realise that influenza and AIDs are completely different infections don't you? Come on, I'm sure you can do better than that.

Like I said, I'm no immunologist or microbiologist, but I'd hazard a guess I know a fair bit more than you. Why don't you use your best friend Google to find out the facts behind the difficulties of HIV vaccination? I advise you to stay away from Parky websites mind.

;)

Spot on. It was deliberately left as an 'open letter', but you can add Fop to the list too.

Hilarious how they profess some of the strongest opinions on here but time and again fold under cross examination from someone with any actual expertise in a subject.

No coincidence either that these are all too scared to admit what they do in their professional life.

Yes actually "expertise" that didn't even know about a universal flu vaccine being developed. B)

Like I said before I've probably got more experience in the field than he has, or at least if he has more than me he should be very ashamed. :icon_lol:

Mate, Chez has effectively made you look like a know-nowt gobshite in this very thread, so i'm simply saying that whatever you say now in here you look like a tool by default anyway.

My point is, your dignity should tell you to leave well alone but you clearly can’t help yourself. :(

He has some expertise at pulling figures out of his ass, I agree (when you look at them, like his Singapore example he runs away :outahere::aye: ).

You of all people cannot criticise posters for being selective about what questions they answer. Coming from you that is utterly embarrassing.

Again this proves my point though, to have the brass neck to come out with that in this very thread! Basically after a while it doesn’t matter what point you’re making, you pass a threshold where it’s fair game for people to respond to you with insults and derision. I for one certainly reserve that right.

Much like Renton he brought it up, I pointed out the reasons it wasn't the same, he couldn't counter them and ran away.

It'll be time for you to run soon (again). B)

He has some expertise at pulling figures out of his ass, I agree (when you look at them, like his Singapore example he runs away :outahere::aye: ).

Much like Renton he brought it up, I pointed out the reasons it wasn't the same, he couldn't counter them and ran away.

Just in case you missed it the first time.

Fop, you criticise people for supposedly 'needing' to argue with you then you criticise the same people for not continuing a debate in which they have made their point or which has reached an impasse though by saying they've 'run away'. Hilarious man.

Edited by alex

I can and do and will. :outahere: (you really need some capitals or some italics in there too, my young padawan yoda.png)

Of course they are comparable, it was one of YOUR examples. :pmsl:

Piss myself laughing indeed. I've just realised you are confusing the common cold with influenza. Oh dear, you really are utterly clueless. :aye:

Nope you mentioned flu along with the "common cold", like I said your example. ;)

The common cold is caused by rhinoviruses, coronaviruses, adenoviruses, influenza viruses etc, all of which have dozens of subtypes constantly mutating, which is why vaccination is not feasible. Iirc the HIV virus mutates even more rapidly, and of course affects the immune system itself, so its not surprising vaccination is likely to be next to impossible and frankly not worth wasting money on.

And yet there they are wasting money on it. :icon_lol:

The influenza virus can cause cold like symptoms in its milder form, clinically they can be impossible to distinguish. It occurs in less than 10% of colds though, so vaccination against flu is very unlikely to protect against the cold. What vaccination against influenza will do is protect against full blown flu however, you would know the difference if you have ever had it. It's a much easier target for vaccination. There is no comparison with it and HIV though, the fact you don't know this highlights your ignorance. :outahere:

Yes, of course the it's so easy to vaccinate against that they've had to redevelop specific strain vaccines each and every year. :outahere: (make you wonder why they bothered, eh? :()

The universal vaccine (if it works) breaks that cycle.

Like I said your own example and yet here we are (I guess you were as ignorant about that vaccine as you seem to be about everything else in this area. B) ).

So again a HIV vaccine will appear eventually, and probably when it's deemed worthwhile $$$'s-wise. :aye:

Fop, you're the ignorant one, not me. I've written peer-reviewed clinical guidance on the management of the common cold and influenza, what have you done? Oh, that's right, you won't say. But clearly the fact you don't know the difference between them speaks volumes. There will NEVER be a vaccine for the common cold, at least not a vaccine as we know it, its as simple as that. Influenza is a doddle in comparison.

Oh, did you know that the average adult gets 2-4 colds a year (double this for children)? Can you imagine the profits that would be made with proper treatment, let alone a vaccine? It's obvious if it could be done it would.

Regarding HIV, I am no expert at all, but from what I understand its rate of mutation, and the fact it uniquely attacks the very cells that usually protect us, precludes the development of a vaccine as we know it again. It's been tried, and failed miserably. It has the greatest brains in the field stumped, but incredibly, you are arrogant enough to know different. :rolleyes:

And yet you still seemingly didn't know about the universal flu vaccine (desipite using flu as an example of something there's never be a overall vaccine to combat. B)

Yes clearly you're no expert on HIV, Flu or much else, but like Flu eventually there will be a "vaccine", even if it goes about thing in different ways or ways that haven't currently been thought about. :aye:

Your idea that (public moneyed research, at least) just "gives up" if it's difficult and not immediately profitable is spurious, although your right about private research...... but then that IS what this is all about really.

How can you be so wrong? :pmsl:

Why can't they make a vaccine that mutates? :D

Fop, you criticise people for supposedly 'needing' to argue with you then you criticise the same people for not continuing a debate in which they have made their point or which has reached an impasse though by saying they've 'run away'. Hilarious man.

Aye, it is. ;)

Of course they are comparable, it was one of YOUR examples. :pmsl:

Piss myself laughing indeed. I've just realised you are confusing the common cold with influenza. Oh dear, you really are utterly clueless. :outahere:

Nope you mentioned flu along with the "common cold", like I said your example. :icon_lol:

The common cold is caused by rhinoviruses, coronaviruses, adenoviruses, influenza viruses etc, all of which have dozens of subtypes constantly mutating, which is why vaccination is not feasible. Iirc the HIV virus mutates even more rapidly, and of course affects the immune system itself, so its not surprising vaccination is likely to be next to impossible and frankly not worth wasting money on.

And yet there they are wasting money on it. :D

The influenza virus can cause cold like symptoms in its milder form, clinically they can be impossible to distinguish. It occurs in less than 10% of colds though, so vaccination against flu is very unlikely to protect against the cold. What vaccination against influenza will do is protect against full blown flu however, you would know the difference if you have ever had it. It's a much easier target for vaccination. There is no comparison with it and HIV though, the fact you don't know this highlights your ignorance. :outahere:

Yes, of course the it's so easy to vaccinate against that they've had to redevelop specific strain vaccines each and every year. :rolleyes: (make you wonder why they bothered, eh? B))

Like I said your own example and yet here we are (I guess you were as ignorant about that vaccine as you seem to be about everything else in this area. B) ).

So again a HIV vaccine will appear eventually, and probably when it's deemed worthwhile $$$'s-wise. :aye:

Fop, you're the ignorant one, not me. I've written peer-reviewed clinical guidance on the management of the common cold and influenza, what have you done? Oh, that's right, you won't say. But clearly the fact you don't know the difference between them speaks volumes. There will NEVER be a vaccine for the common cold, at least not a vaccine as we know it, its as simple as that. Influenza is a doddle in comparison.

Oh, did you know that the average adult gets 2-4 colds a year (double this for children)? Can you imagine the profits that would be made with proper treatment, let alone a vaccine? It's obvious if it could be done it would.

Regarding HIV, I am no expert at all, but from what I understand its rate of mutation, and the fact it uniquely attacks the very cells that usually protect us, precludes the development of a vaccine as we know it again. It's been tried, and failed miserably. It has the greatest brains in the field stumped, but incredibly, you are arrogant enough to know different. :pmsl:

And yet you still seemingly didn't know about the universal flu vaccine (desipite using flu as an example of something there's never be a overall vaccine to combat. :aye:

Yes clearly you're no expert on HIV, Flu or much else, but like Flu eventually there will be a "vaccine", even if it goes about thing in different ways or ways that haven't currently been thought about. :aye:

Your idea that (public moneyed research, at least) just "gives up" if it's difficult and not immediately profitable is spurious, although your right about private research...... but then that IS what this is all about really.

How can you be so wrong? :aye:

Why can't they make a vaccine that mutates? :(

Next year. :aye: (although it would make the bottom fall out of the drug industry if they ever did ;))

I can and do and will. :outahere: (you really need some capitals or some italics in there too, my young padawan yoda.png)

then in the alternative: Coming from you that is utterly embarrassing.

Just in case you missed it the first and second time.

Of course they are comparable, it was one of YOUR examples. :aye:

Piss myself laughing indeed. I've just realised you are confusing the common cold with influenza. Oh dear, you really are utterly clueless. :outahere:

Nope you mentioned flu along with the "common cold", like I said your example. :icon_lol:

And yet there they are wasting money on it. :D

The influenza virus can cause cold like symptoms in its milder form, clinically they can be impossible to distinguish. It occurs in less than 10% of colds though, so vaccination against flu is very unlikely to protect against the cold. What vaccination against influenza will do is protect against full blown flu however, you would know the difference if you have ever had it. It's a much easier target for vaccination. There is no comparison with it and HIV though, the fact you don't know this highlights your ignorance. :rolleyes:

Yes, of course the it's so easy to vaccinate against that they've had to redevelop specific strain vaccines each and every year. :pmsl: (make you wonder why they bothered, eh? B))

Regarding HIV, I am no expert at all, but from what I understand its rate of mutation, and the fact it uniquely attacks the very cells that usually protect us, precludes the development of a vaccine as we know it again. It's been tried, and failed miserably. It has the greatest brains in the field stumped, but incredibly, you are arrogant enough to know different. :pmsl:

And yet you still seemingly didn't know about the universal flu vaccine (desipite using flu as an example of something there's never be a overall vaccine to combat. :aye:

How can you be so wrong? :aye:

Why can't they make a vaccine that mutates? :(

Next year. :aye: (although it would make the bottom fall out of the drug industry if they ever did ;))

:outahere:

Yes actually "expertise" that didn't even know about a universal flu vaccine being developed. :outahere:

My point is, your dignity should tell you to leave well alone but you clearly can’t help yourself. B)

He has some expertise at pulling figures out of his ass, I agree (when you look at them, like his Singapore example he runs away :pmsl::outahere: ).

I can and do and will. :rolleyes: (you really need some capitals or some italics in there too, my young padawan yoda.png)

You can argue all you want about "moi" - it's your obsession I know, and I don't care, but at least you've basically admitted I'm right about everything else. :(

(you still need capitals and/or italics my young apprentice, listen to your feelings :aye: )

Speaking of obsession, I found it quite funny of Fop walking into other threads following mancy...

A good teacher will do that for their pupil. ;) (although off hand I can't think of one - or are you getting the two of us mixed up? Easy to do, I know. :icon_lol: )

Edited by Fop

Yes actually "expertise" that didn't even know about a universal flu vaccine being developed. :outahere:

My point is, your dignity should tell you to leave well alone but you clearly can’t help yourself. B)

He has some expertise at pulling figures out of his ass, I agree (when you look at them, like his Singapore example he runs away :pmsl::outahere: ).

I can and do and will. :rolleyes: (you really need some capitals or some italics in there too, my young padawan yoda.png)

You can argue all you want about "moi" - it's your obsession I know, and I don't care, but at least you've basically admitted I'm right about everything else. :(

(you still need capitals and/or italics my young apprentice, listen to your feelings :aye: )

Don't worry, I'm not arguing it; it's a statement of fact.

Like I said before I've probably got more experience in the field than he has, or at least if he has more than me he should be very ashamed. :D

He has some expertise at pulling figures out of his ass, I agree (when you look at them, like his Singapore example he runs away :pmsl::rolleyes: ).

But that's not what we're talking about. :(

It'll be time for you to run soon (again). :aye:

I can and do and will. :pmsl: (you really need some capitals or some italics in there too, my young padawan yoda.png)

You can argue all you want about "moi" - it's your obsession I know, and I don't care, but at least you've basically admitted I'm right about everything else. B)

(you still need capitals and/or italics my young apprentice, listen to your feelings :outahere: )

Don't worry, I'm not arguing it; it's a statement of fact.

Indeed it is. :icon_lol:

This about sums it up and is why frankly I can't be bothered with these threads after a while.

The impasse in this case results from three possible reasons:

1) Fop doesn't have the knowledge or intelligence to understand my point (re: the difference between the common cold and the flu).

2) I don't have the ability or time to explain myself well enough.

3) He's being deliberately obtuse and obstructive to disguise point 1) and trying to make out he's 'won' (i.e. he's being a dick).

In reality it's probably a combination of all three like, either way what's the point? It does take me back to the old Leazes days mind. Also, what brass neck must Leazes have for criticizing me for insulting people? ;)

This about sums it up and is why frankly I can't be bothered with these threads after a while.

1) Fop doesn't have the knowledge or intelligence to understand my point (re: the difference between the common cold and the flu).

3) He's being deliberately obtuse and obstructive to disguise point 1) and trying to make out he's 'won' (i.e. he's being a dick).

In reality it's probably a combination of all three like, either way what's the point? It does take me back to the old Leazes days mind. Also, what brass neck must Leazes have for criticizing me for insulting people? ;)

1) Your point that there is a universal vaccine under development for flu? :icon_lol:

2) Aye, I agree.

3) Nope, I'm just right and it irritates the hell out of you and manc-foplite. :D

In reality it's probably a combination of all three like, either way what's the point? It does take me back to the old Leazes days mind. Also, what brass neck must Leazes have for criticizing me for insulting people? :icon_lol:

1) Your point that there is a universal vaccine under development for flu? :(

2) Aye, I agree.

3) Nope, I'm just right and it irritates the hell out of you and manc-foplite. B)

1) So at this point I have to reiterate for the umpteenth time that not once did I talk about flu vaccinations, and if Fop thinks I did will he please direct me to the relevant post number. I realise that I may have confused you by saying that certain influenza viruses may rarely cause symptoms which are confused with the common cold, but I have done my best to clear this misunderstanding up for you. Etc etc. ;)

2) I apologise for point 2, I'm used to a more erudite audience.

3) If it makes you happy to think you're right, you keep on believing that. :D

In reality it's probably a combination of all three like, either way what's the point? It does take me back to the old Leazes days mind. Also, what brass neck must Leazes have for criticizing me for insulting people? :icon_lol:

1) Your point that there is a universal vaccine under development for flu? B)

2) Aye, I agree.

3) Nope, I'm just right and it irritates the hell out of you and manc-foplite. :aye:

1) So at this point I have to reiterate for the umpteenth time that not once did I talk about flu vaccinations, and if Fop thinks I did will he please direct me to the relevant post number. I realise that I may have confused you by saying that certain influenza viruses may rarely cause symptoms which are confused with the common cold, but I have done my best to clear this misunderstanding up for you. Etc etc. ;)

3) If it makes you happy to think you're right, you keep on believing that. :(

1) I know you clearly didn't know one was being developed or you wouldn't have used it as part of your example.

2) Ah... the comforting warmth of elitism. B)

3) I don't mind, I do find the reaction funny though. :D

1) Your point that there is a universal vaccine under development for flu? :aye:

2) Aye, I agree.

3) Nope, I'm just right and it irritates the hell out of you and manc-foplite. :outahere:

3) If it makes you happy to think you're right, you keep on believing that. B)

1) I know you clearly didn't know one was being developed or you wouldn't have used it as part of your example.

2) Ah... the comforting warmth of elitism. B)

3) I don't mind, I do find the reaction funny though. :D

Oh ffs I never used it as an example. Prove I did by citing me or giving a post number.

Now, sorry, I really can't be arsed any more if you don't produce that quote. So as Alex says, if I don't post any more am I 'running away' and if I do post am I 'obsessed'? Either way you win right, I'm glad it makes you happy. :(