Viduka targets European spot

khay

Newcastle striker Mark Viduka is determined to fire the club to European qualification next season.

The Australian is currently trying to recover from an Achilles problem in time for the start of the new campaign but may be sidelined until late August or early September.

He is nevertheless in high spirits as he believes the Magpies should be able to improve on their 12th-placed finish from last season.

Viduka has played in European competition with Leeds, Middlesbrough and Celtic, but wants to experience it again at Newcastle.

He told the Chronicle: "I have had great European nights in my career, but I would love to go back there with Newcastle.

Special

"To be involved in European games at St James's Park would be something special.

"I would love to play in front of the crowd here in Europe because the fans are so passionate.

"It would really be something for me.

"I would love it to happen and that will be the aim - to get back in there next season."

Newcastle found some form towards the end of last term with Viduka forming a three-man attack alongside Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins.

Challenge

Viduka understands how passionately the supporters want to see European football and the 32-year-old expects Newcastle to challenge for a Uefa Cup spot.

He said: "This club is all set up for European football.

"Hopefully, the results will keep going our way like they did at the end of last season.

"If we play like we did in the last third of the season, the results will continue to come."

"Hopefully, the results will keep going our way like they did at the end of last season.

"If we play like we did in the last third of the season, the results will continue to come."

It's a positive spin, and I'm as confident as he is.

But there's the nagging reminder in my mind that Keegan took less of the points he had to play for than Allardyce did. Until he's brought in some quality, it's all based on blind faith.

enjoying those free benefits torres?

Sure!... and guess what ... the weather is ace, the beer is cold and I`ve got a 26 year old Swiss babe who sucks my knob at the drop of a hat!

Life is great!!!!!!!!! :icon_lol:

Sure!... and guess what ... the weather is ace, the beer is cold and I`ve got a 26 year old Swiss babe who sucks my knob at the drop of a hat!

This is where our tax money goes, drugs and prostitution. Actually most politicians would probably be happy with that. :icon_lol:

This is where our tax money goes, drugs and prostitution. Actually most politicians would probably be happy with that. :icon_lol:

I know I am! :icon_lol:

It's a positive spin, and I'm as confident as he is.

But there's the nagging reminder in my mind that Keegan took less of the points he had to play for than Allardyce did. Until he's brought in some quality, it's all based on blind faith.

failing to remember the fixture list of the time puts a posotive light on allerdyces time in control and a negative spin on keegans , untill you realise that allerdyce was fucked well before xmas .

i remember the day the fixture list came out thinking my god how easy is that run upto xmas , only for allerdyce to lose all of the games i had us down as winning .

we were up shit creek wello before keegan walked in the door , then the poor bugger had to contend with manu pool arsenal and villa.

yeah im not to keen on this whole allerdyce got more points than keegan , its spin and bullshit of the highest order , without all the facts taken into account .

keegan dropped points at arsenal liverpool and manu , great !! , allerdyce did with derby and everyone else ffs!!

Life is great!!!!!!!!! :angry:

You're not an MEP or member of the EU commission by any chance? :icon_lol:

No ... too good looking for such a dull position!

If you have a lot of dosh that you would like stored away in the Carribean, Lichtenstein or Switzerland ... I`m your man.

If you have a lot of dosh that you would like stored away in the Carribean, Lichtenstein or Switzerland ... I`m your man.

I think you're actually

Peter%20Mandelson.jpg

all the pieces fit so well. :angry:

I think you're actually

Peter%20Mandelson.jpg

I`m richer and far better looking! ... plus I have a nice tan.

I think you're actually

I`m richer and far better looking! ... plus I have a nice tan.

Ah that makes even more sense then. :angry:

Dale-MAIN.jpg