I have witnessed a miracle!

Park Life

my theory is that last season he wasn't properly fit and was therefore unable to show his true form.

sadly i think his legs are going slightly and he won't be a big success this term. for me the best winger in the league was petrov last season, now if we had a player of his quality, then we'd be talking...

This is KK's angle, hence the chat about proper pre-season etc...If anyone needs dropping it's Milner. He's played all our pre-season and still shows his ineptidude at crossing or beating a man. He gives it his all, but if Liv had comeback with a serious offer there is no-one on here who wouldn't have been happy to see the back of him.

If Duff does manage to show he can offer us something as a second striker it really would be a huge bonus as I am very worried about our forward, their fragility (that a real word?) and their replacements.

If Duff does manage to show he can offer us something as a second striker it really would be a huge bonus as I am very worried about our forward, their fragility (that a real word?) and their replacements.

I shat myself when I saw your name after my Milner critical post. :anal:

Been playing in the PL for over 5 years as well. I quite like him but I don't ever see him being a top player. Not on the wing anyway.

Duff certainly has looked one of our better players in pre-season but it's important to remember that it is only pre-season, it'll be a different story in the PL where he won't get nearly as much space or time on the ball and that'll be the acid test to see whether he has genuinely improved.

Edited by ewerk

I think he was quality at Villa, one of if not our best player when we finished 7th under Roeder and abysmal last season.

I agree, I don't think he will ever be a top player and especially not on the wing but he can be a good player for us especially with his versatility and work rate (work rate is often considered a negative these days though :o ).

Anyway I will walk away from this now before Tooj or Shak spot me :anal:

Edited by Gejon

Duff certainly has looked on of our better players in pre-season but it's important to remember that it is only pre-season, it'll be a different story in the PL where he won't get nearly as much space or time on the ball and that'll be the acid test to see whether he has genuinely improved.

I'm reminded how good certain players looked last pre-season. Geremi and Smith for a start.

I think he was quality at Villa, one of if not our best player when we finished 7th under Roeder and abysmal last season.

I agree, I don't think he will ever be a top player and especially not on the wing but he can be a good player for us especially with his versatility and work rate (work rate is often considered a negative these days though :o ).

Anyway I will walk away from this now before Tooj or Shak spot me :anal:

Would go along with that.