Hicks and Gillett.

Park Life

"So can Hicks and Gillett hang on to Liverpool now they have been forced to shelve plans for the new stadium?

There's talk this morning that the latest blow to the credibility of Anfield's odd couple could be the last, with Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed (a man not overly inconvenienced by the credit crunch) ready to personally oversee a renewed bid for the club."

:lol:

"So can Hicks and Gillett hang on to Liverpool now they have been forced to shelve plans for the new stadium?

There's talk this morning that the latest blow to the credibility of Anfield's odd couple could be the last, with Dubai ruler Sheikh Mohammed (a man not overly inconvenienced by the credit crunch) ready to personally oversee a renewed bid for the club."

Fat lady singing? :lol:

Bennywatch mk II

I'm thinking more Ramos watch this year. Could be swayed. :lol:

So, considering your success rate it will Tottenham finishing 4th now and Benny getting sacked...

I'll settle for that. :)

I wish he'd hurry up then Park Life. It's been known locally for a month or so that the stadium would be shelved. Not bothered about that really, just want the Yanks out.

DIC can just sit back now and wait for the fuckers to be desperate which could be a while yet.

I wish he'd hurry up then Park Life. It's been known locally for a month or so that the stadium would be shelved. Not bothered about that really, just want the Yanks out.

DIC can just sit back now and wait for the fuckers to be desperate which could be a while yet.

Afternoon Red. :)

I reckon if Kujit hadn't scored and you'd lost on pens they would have bailed (-40m CL money down).

1. What's your debt (inc buyout) running at?

2. Any truth the yanks have been syphoning money for the hockey/basketball/rounders team?

3. Would you have liked KK as manager? :lol:

:)

Afternoon Red. :D

I reckon if Kujit hadn't scored and you'd lost on pens they would have bailed (-40m CL money down).

1. What's your debt (inc buyout) running at?

2. Any truth the yanks have been syphoning money for the hockey/basketball/rounders team?

3. Would you have liked KK as manager? :lol:

Afternoon to you too Park Life (I'm getting worried now with such manners being used to an opposition fan :lol:

The debt to the club is 106 million. 66 million to put spades in to the ground of the new stadium, and 40 million for transfers (spent in the winter) The overall debt for their buyout, I've lost count of the actual figure (300 million?), went on to their own company, Kop Holdings, with the interest paid by the club.

It was Hicks who said that Liverpool could finance his Yank team, but it was apparently said tongue in cheek, who knows? He couldn't at the minute because there isn't anything to be syphoned off. Once the new stadium had come online then they would have started making some profit but even if it hadn't been shelved it would have been quite a few years down the line before there would have been money over. That's one of the reasons Liverpool having been buying young players for the last few seasons, so that we'd have a pool of players to dip in to when transfer funds would be less than usual for a few years.

KK is a Liverpool legend, I loved him as a player, was sad to see him go even though we did replace him with a far better player, so I'm not going to slate him in any way but no, I wouldn't want him as a manager. Rafa Benitez is the only man I can see managing Liverpool at the present time and the only one I'd want tbh.

Kenny Dalglish was a far better player for Liverpool than Keegan? Thats strong.

I loved Dalglish as a player, some of the link up between him and Rush was amazing but Keegan was a giant of player for you too.

I agree Chez, KK was a great player for us, among many others, but Kenny was the best of the lot. He was the best all round player we've ever had. What he lacked in pace he made up for in speed of mind. He had superb ball control, could create something out of nothing and his outstanding individual talent was only surpassed by his willingness to be part of the team.

The official site had a vote all of last summer, top 100 players, Kenny came out top still, 20 years after he'd hung up his boots. Can't remember where KK came I'll look it up. Probably top 5, not sure.

I loved Dalglish as a player, some of the link up between him and Rush was amazing but Keegan was a giant of player for you too.

I agree Chez, KK was a great player for us, among many others, but Kenny was the best of the lot. He was the best all round player we've ever had. What he lacked in pace he made up for in speed of mind. He had superb ball control, could create something out of nothing and his outstanding individual talent was only surpassed by his willingness to be part of the team.

The official site had a vote all of last summer, top 100 players, Kenny came out top still, 20 years after he'd hung up his boots. Can't remember where KK came I'll look it up. Probably top 5, not sure.

KK was number 8

Sorry, first link didn't work

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/archivedirs...061008-0859.htm

Edited by Redshadow

KK was number 8

Sorry, link didn't work

Parky will hate me for distracting his thread.. but anyway.

One of my favourite all time moments in football (and i remember this from seeing it once on MOTD) was a move between Dalglish and Rush.

It was only one touch from Dalglish but the control was out of this world. The ball comes over the halfway line to Dalglish in the inside right channel, who has his back to goal and is marked. Rush is making a run more centrally. Dalglish basically slices the ball with the outside of his foot sending it behind him with swerve. The swerve was (in my memory) inch perfect to carry it into Rush's path, he takes a touch and buries it.

I was only 4 when Keegan left you lot but i still remember it.

KK was number 8

Sorry, link didn't work

One of my favourite all time moments in football (and i remember this from seeing it once on MOTD) was a move between Dalglish and Rush.

It was only one touch from Dalglish but the control was out of this world. The ball comes over the halfway line to Dalglish in the inside right channel, who has his back to goal and is marked. Rush is making a run more centrally. Dalglish basically slices the ball with the outside of his foot sending it behind him with swerve. The swerve was (in my memory) inch perfect to carry it into Rush's path, he takes a touch and buries it.

You're one of the few allowed bro. :lol:

who's the only British player to win European Footballer of the year while playing abroad ?

Lots of myths follow Keegan around.

As a manager, he's "tactically naive" despite beating the crap out of all the tactical geniuses.

As a player, he was "workmanlike" and made the most of limited ability.

Utter tosh. His dynamism made the most of his playing attributes, one of which was pace, and a great finisher in the box, alled to being a complete team player which is the reason he was part of teams that shared goals around.

Edited by LeazesMag

KK was number 8

Sorry, link didn't work

my favourite goal by Dalglish, and I had a lot of time for Liverpool then like most people because they were a great club and a great team with class on and off the field, was in the European Cup Final against Bruges. Recieved a pass from the lying shite [see my sig] and chipped the ball over the keeper as quickly as you like, from a slight angle. A perfect and beautiful goal.

Edited by LeazesMag

Guest Stevie

KK was number 8

Sorry, link didn't work

Fuck me I didn't realise you were 35. The goal was class I think it was against Watford left shot bottom corner, my fav goal on MOTD was actually against Liverpool. Justin Fashanu, the queer who was playing for Norwich at the time, flicked it up turned and volleyed it in to the corner, what a goal.

Guest Stevie

KK was number 8

Sorry, link didn't work

my favourite goal by Dalglish, and I had a lot of time for Liverpool then like most people because they were a great club and a great team with class on and off the field, was in the European Cup Final against Bruges. Recieved a pass from the lying shite [see my sig] and chipped the ball over the keeper as quickly as you like, from a slight angle. A perfect and beautiful goal.

The one against Chelsea that won them the league wasn't bad.

who's the only British player to win European Footballer of the year while playing abroad ?

As a manager, he's "tactically naive" despite beating the crap out of all the tactical geniuses.

Utter tosh. His dynamism made the most of his playing attributes, one of which was pace, and a great finisher in the box, alled to being a complete team player which is the reason he was part of teams that shared goals around.

Was England's best player of the 70's without question and the best player in Europe for a while. Apparently though, according to the dippers, he wasnt as good as Carragher, Barnes or Fowler :lol:

KK was number 8

Sorry, link didn't work

Fuck me I didn't realise you were 35. The goal was class I think it was against Watford left shot bottom corner, my fav goal on MOTD was actually against Liverpool. Justin Fashanu, the queer who was playing for Norwich at the time, flicked it up turned and volleyed it in to the corner, what a goal.

Its cos i only look 25.

Was England's best player of the 70's without question and the best player in Europe for a while. Apparently though, according to the dippers, he wasnt as good as Carragher, Barnes or Fowler :lol:

It isn't always the best players who get the awards. Keegan made himself a high profile player with his adverts, records, superstars and then moving to Europe. He was also a great player for England who were still regarded as a great team at the time.

You’ll always get young ones voting for current players Chez and I think the goal you liked was one against Watford.

Let’s get one thing straight, Kevin Keegan was a great player for Liverpool and was the final piece in Shanks championship winning second team, some would say the best piece. He certainly brought a new enthusiasm to the team and his partnership with Toshack was legendary. That he served Liverpool well is not in question. That he was a great player is not in question, he undoubtedly was, and what he lacked in pure talent he made up for with passion and a will to win. But Kenny also played with enthusiasm, passion and a will to win, and also like Keegan was rarely injured. But Kenny was just a rare player with fantastic talent and to watch him every week was a joy to behold, you became transfixed , you knew as soon as he got the ball something would happen. He could hold off any amount of defenders and he could turn them inside out if he chose. His running off the ball was awesome He was the ultimate team player with fantastic individual ability and is regarded by most who seen him as the best player Liverpool have ever had by a long chalk.

KK would be in my top 5 but my top 3 Liverpool players would be.

Kenny Dalglish

John Barnes

Graham Souness

Even Bob Paisley and Shanks regarded Kenny as the best player ever to wear a Liverpool shirt.

"I suppose above everything else when you try to assess Kenny's importance you must talk about his attitude to the game. He just wanted to play football. He had tremendous skill and the ability to set the pace of the game for the other players around him. When I had to sell Kevin Keegan to Hamburg – and we didn't have any choice because Kevin wanted to go to Europe – I didn't think it would be possible to replace him. Yet we did it so easily by buying Kenny from Celtic. In many ways he was a better player for Liverpool than Kevin was. Kenny is a model professional and was the best buy we ever made – it's as simple as that."

Bob Paisley

Franz Beckenbaur : "He is one of the best players I have ever seen and one of the best players in the history of football."

George Best: "When I was growing up my hero was Di Stefano. Kenny for me was on a par with Di Stefano. That is the best compliment I can pay him."

"Kenny Dalglish is probably the most modest man who has ever been handed the nickname 'King' but King Kenny he will always be."

Former Scotland captain and Leeds United legend Billy Bremner

"I never saw anyone in this country to touch him. I can think of only two players who could go ahead of him – Pele and possibly Cruyff. He was better than Maradona, Rummenigge or Platini. I would say that on his day he was, without any shadow of a doubt, the best player in the world."

Graeme Souness

And though both sets of fans have little time for Souness as a manager, as a player he was the best in the world in his position at the time, and I’ve seen no-one in this country to better him in that position.

It isn't always the best players who get the awards. Keegan made himself a high profile player with his adverts, records, superstars and then moving to Europe. He was also a great player for England who were still regarded as a great team at the time.

You’ll always get young ones voting for current players Chez and I think the goal you liked was one against Watford.

Let’s get one thing straight, Kevin Keegan was a great player for Liverpool and was the final piece in Shanks championship winning second team, some would say the best piece. He certainly brought a new enthusiasm to the team and his partnership with Toshack was legendary. That he served Liverpool well is not in question. That he was a great player is not in question, he undoubtedly was, and what he lacked in pure talent he made up for with passion and a will to win. But Kenny also played with enthusiasm, passion and a will to win, and also like Keegan was rarely injured. But Kenny was just a rare player with fantastic talent and to watch him every week was a joy to behold, you became transfixed , you knew as soon as he got the ball something would happen. He could hold off any amount of defenders and he could turn them inside out if he chose. His running off the ball was awesome He was the ultimate team player with fantastic individual ability and is regarded by most who seen him as the best player Liverpool have ever had by a long chalk.

Kenny Dalglish

John Barnes

Graham Souness

Even Bob Paisley and Shanks regarded Kenny as the best player ever to wear a Liverpool shirt.

"I suppose above everything else when you try to assess Kenny's importance you must talk about his attitude to the game. He just wanted to play football. He had tremendous skill and the ability to set the pace of the game for the other players around him. When I had to sell Kevin Keegan to Hamburg – and we didn't have any choice because Kevin wanted to go to Europe – I didn't think it would be possible to replace him. Yet we did it so easily by buying Kenny from Celtic. In many ways he was a better player for Liverpool than Kevin was. Kenny is a model professional and was the best buy we ever made – it's as simple as that."

Bob Paisley

Franz Beckenbaur : "He is one of the best players I have ever seen and one of the best players in the history of football."

George Best: "When I was growing up my hero was Di Stefano. Kenny for me was on a par with Di Stefano. That is the best compliment I can pay him."

"Kenny Dalglish is probably the most modest man who has ever been handed the nickname 'King' but King Kenny he will always be."

"I never saw anyone in this country to touch him. I can think of only two players who could go ahead of him – Pele and possibly Cruyff. He was better than Maradona, Rummenigge or Platini. I would say that on his day he was, without any shadow of a doubt, the best player in the world."

Graeme Souness

And though both sets of fans have little time for Souness as a manager, as a player he was the best in the world in his position at the time, and I’ve seen no-one in this country to better him in that position.

thats a pretty decent fair post, and I note what you say.

But, in my opinion, as good as Dalglish was, he is well behind Cruyff, Best and Maradona for starters.

I realise the lying bastard and Billy Bremner have good opinions, but being team and international team mates, they are both biased.

Kenny Dalglish

John Barnes

Graham Souness

Bob Paisley

Graeme Souness

thats a pretty decent fair post, and I note what you say.

But, in my opinion, as good as Dalglish was, he is well behind Cruyff, Best and Maradona for starters.

I realise the lying bastard and Billy Bremner have good opinions, but being team and international team mates, they are both biased.

I agree about the bias Leazes but in this case they are underplaying it. :lol:

I'm biased too.

Guest Stevie

Kenny Dalglish

John Barnes

Graham Souness

Bob Paisley

Graeme Souness

Not the first Sky Boy to prey on my knowledge,