In Keegan We Remember

Tooj

I watched this on Wednesday when I was adamant he'd be staying and I was fine - I've just watched it again tonight and I'm a wreck :o

I doubt that era when he was in charge first time around will ever be surpassed in my mind - still the greatest atmosphere I ever experienced was 25th April 1992. We may not have won anything but we proved ourselves to ourselves and that's what matters to me.

I watched this on Wednesday when I was adamant he'd be staying and I was fine - I've just watched it again tonight and I'm a wreck :o

I doubt that era when he was in charge first time around will ever be surpassed in my mind - still the greatest atmosphere I ever experienced was 25th April 1992. We may not have won anything but we proved ourselves to ourselves and that's what matters to me.

I understand why everone goes on about the Portsmouth (I'm assuming that 's what you're referring to) game, but I'm always puzzled why people don't talk so much about the Leicester game away the following week . WE were up then down, then up, then down, threw it away in the final minute, pitch invasion then won it in injury time and stayed up for sure. The most amazing end to a game I've ever been at.

Edited by mikey the eagle

Same here, I have to switch it off at the speech to the fans.

I understand why everone goes on about the Portsmouth (I'm assuming that 's what you're referring to) game, but I'm always puzzled why people don't talk so much about the Leicester game away the following week . WE were up then down, then up, then down, threw it away in the final minute, pitch invasion then won it in injury time and stayed up for sure. The most amazing end to a game I've ever been at.

Had we lost the Pompey game, we'd have been as good as down. Given they were in the play-offs, we'd all resigned ourselves to the fact that we'd probably get a stuffing down there so the Portsmouth game was paramount. That goal went in with 10 minutes to go and the morale it created is what, IMO, kept us up. Had we gone to Filbert St on the back of a 0-0 draw, I don't think we'd have had the same push in us.

Those inside St James Park that day will never forget the atmosphere. I spoke to one bloke who went to fairs cup final and he said it wasn't a patch on the atmosphere the day we survived div 3.

I watched this on Wednesday when I was adamant he'd be staying and I was fine - I've just watched it again tonight and I'm a wreck :(

Same here, I have to switch it off at the speech to the fans.

I was there that day Jimbo, stood next to the church and heard that speech real-time. It was lump in your throat time back then as well...

• 1 month later...

Can I just remind some people to watch this again and then tell me why you're being an absolute disgrace by having a pop at this great man, yet appear to be letting the true cause behind all of this get off seemingly scot-free.

Can I just remind some people to watch this again and then tell me why you're being an absolute disgrace by having a pop at this great man, yet appear to be letting the true cause behind all of this get off seemingly scot-free.

Bramley, you're an absolute bastid for bringing this one up again - I'm a wreck each time I watch it man :lol: