A Club on The Up!

Greasy

greetings from down under.

Hi, I'm a liverpool fran from ireland living in oz, (you can write my biography later) I realise you are all probably inundated with fans of other teams climbing in here with their two cents worth, telling you to be patient and build a new team from scratch and all that. I've been browsning this forum for a little while without joining and signed up the other day. - (probably two or three reasons for that, Keegan, Beardsley, Owen, Duff, Given, 4-3, toon army, etc.) basically for some reason I like the club, what it stands for and the geordies I've met along the way.

Reason I'm putting this thread up is to say I am really confident that Newcastle will pull through the shite thats happening now. I hope that whoever buys the club does it for the right reasons and does the right thing by the supporters. I'll make a bet with you that in two months time Joe Kinnear will have kept the team unbeaten and NUFC will have climbed out of the shite.

I don't like what is happening to premier league clubs at the minute, being bought sold and traded like baseball cards by souless glutenous corporations and pseudo aristocratic business men grinning through sharks teeth whilst wearing the scarf, kissing the badge and talking about the history of the club whilst reading prompt cards. It's all shite.

I don't like the fact that the press around the world has created a system which enables it to print and concoct page after page of fabricate lies, all neatly packaged with clauses like "sources inside the club, a witness said, allegedley, etc." and a whole other slew of phrases, that about to journalism without responsibility. You can put anything in print as long as there's a buy out clause. just make it up and pass the buck. It's all shite.

I don't like the hyeanas that sit and wait and revel in the decline of somethiing great. I don't like the pricks who take the piss out of what is a catastropy for the game. I don't like what happened to leeds and I don't wish that on anyone, (not even everton).

What I do like is the passion, the fight, the fightback, the underdog that bites, and climb from the gutter. I'm looking forward to watching Newcastle in the next few months. F** sexy football, Forget Keegan, the press, and all the shite in the boardroom. Newcastle are going on an unbeaten run.

Good post but I can see Kinnear getting beat.

Aye you have to hope yesterday wasn't a fluke, but it might well have been.

But really the clubs problems and future have nothing to do with things on the pitch at the moment, it's all about what the fuck Ashley does next and who, if anyone, comes in for us.

Let's hope you're right, cobber.

I have never met an Aussie that actually uses the word cobber so why do you poms seem to like it so much? ;)

Using derogatory "racial" discriminations. :(

I have never met an Aussie that actually uses the word cobber so why do you poms seem to like it so much? ;)

I have :(

It's pretty antiquated though, isn't it? He was from Adelaide tbf.

I have never met an Aussie that actually uses the word cobber so why do you poms seem to like it so much? :wank:

I have ;)

It's pretty antiquated though, isn't it? He was from Adelaide tbf.

Allens-Cobbers-1.8kg-Box.jpg

:(

I'll make a bet with you that in two months time Joe Kinnear will have kept the team unbeaten.

I'll take that bet.

However much he gets us back on track, even with a fully fit squad, I can't see us getting anything at Stamford Bridge.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll make a bet with you that in two months time Joe Kinnear will have kept the team unbeaten.

I'll take that bet.

However much he gets us back on track, even with a fully fit squad, I can't see us getting anything at Stamford Bridge.

Thats 2 games unbeaten. 21st october. - Only 6 weeks to go and i'll be heralded as Nostradamus.

I have never met an Aussie that actually uses the word cobber so why do you poms seem to like it so much? :boogie:

I have never met an Englishman that refers to himself as a 'pom'..... you're point being? B)

greetings from down under.

Hi, I'm a liverpool fran from ireland living in oz, (you can write my biography later) I realise you are all probably inundated with fans of other teams climbing in here with their two cents worth, telling you to be patient and build a new team from scratch and all that. I've been browsning this forum for a little while without joining and signed up the other day. - (probably two or three reasons for that, Keegan, Beardsley, Owen, Duff, Given, 4-3, toon army, etc.) basically for some reason I like the club, what it stands for and the geordies I've met along the way.

Reason I'm putting this thread up is to say I am really confident that Newcastle will pull through the shite thats happening now. I hope that whoever buys the club does it for the right reasons and does the right thing by the supporters. I'll make a bet with you that in two months time Joe Kinnear will have kept the team unbeaten and NUFC will have climbed out of the shite.

I don't like what is happening to premier league clubs at the minute, being bought sold and traded like baseball cards by souless glutenous corporations and pseudo aristocratic business men grinning through sharks teeth whilst wearing the scarf, kissing the badge and talking about the history of the club whilst reading prompt cards. It's all shite.

I don't like the fact that the press around the world has created a system which enables it to print and concoct page after page of fabricate lies, all neatly packaged with clauses like "sources inside the club, a witness said, allegedley, etc." and a whole other slew of phrases, that about to journalism without responsibility. You can put anything in print as long as there's a buy out clause. just make it up and pass the buck. It's all shite.

I don't like the hyeanas that sit and wait and revel in the decline of somethiing great. I don't like the pricks who take the piss out of what is a catastropy for the game. I don't like what happened to leeds and I don't wish that on anyone, (not even everton).

What I do like is the passion, the fight, the fightback, the underdog that bites, and climb from the gutter. I'm looking forward to watching Newcastle in the next few months. F** sexy football, Forget Keegan, the press, and all the shite in the boardroom. Newcastle are going on an unbeaten run.

Nice post sheila!