5 biggest flops

farnie1993

I remember being quite excited when we got John Robertson from Hearts. It was an era when there were loads of good Scottish players around and his record up there was class (not that I'd really heard of him much before we signed him).

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ae ever, you make your case so convincingly Triggy. Neither are much cop as PL centre-halves so it's a bit of a moot point. The fee does make Boumsong more of a flop though, obviously.

i'm not saying boumsong was great but imo he was judged harshly and a few slips were his main mistakes. to say taylor is a better defender is laughable though.

Sayin that like our pen at Anfield, was Beasant, in the air the next time it bounced was on their D. Mirandinha's celebration in front of the Kop :D

I remember Tommy Smith bleating on about his celebration saying it could have caused a riot - that was the whole point you crippled scouse cunt :)

Edited by NJS

Ae ever, you make your case so convincingly Triggy. Neither are much cop as PL centre-halves so it's a bit of a moot point. The fee does make Boumsong more of a flop though, obviously.

i'm not saying boumsong was great but imo he was judged harshly and a few slips were his main mistakes. to say taylor is a better defender is laughable though.

If you'd bothered to read what I said, I was actually saying was that Taylor is better suited to the PL.

Taylor is a better player because he looks like he has a vague idea how to do the basics of defending. Boumsong didn't.

Boumsong better than any of our current crop of defenders? :D Oh my.

Boumsong was utter cack. He's an athlete, not a naturally gifted footballer.

Has anyone mentioned Fumaca?

so taylor is better than boumsong? taylor and col are our 1st choice centre backs so don't bring cacapa or bassong into this because so some reason the manager won't pick them over taylor.

Yes. He made Bramble look good for fucks sake.

silly man. boumsong hasn't exactly done bad for himself since leaving either

He ended up playing for the reserves while at Juve. His stint at Lyon hasn't been too bad but they steamroller every fucker else in the league every year. Cacapa was one of their star players for fucks sake :)

Boumsong is always in the French national set up but that's because Domenech is a nutter who admits to picking his side based on star signs and the like.

He's an athlete, he's not a defender. Defenders should be able to win a tussle with Peter Crouch.

aload of shit about the national team. the manager might say he bases his team on that but i don't believe him. was he just lucky that all the best french players have the right star sign to be in the team?

Taylor is a better player because he looks like he has a vague idea how to do the basics of defending. Boumsong didn't.

Waves his arms around very well too. :D

Waves his arms around very well too. :D

Best pointer we've got.

If you'd bothered to read what I said, I was actually saying was that Taylor is better suited to the PL.

If you'd bothered to read what I said, i never actually said that you said taylor is the better player. ketsbaia was the one saying it

so taylor is better than boumsong? taylor and col are our 1st choice centre backs so don't bring cacapa or bassong into this because so some reason the manager won't pick them over taylor.

He ended up playing for the reserves while at Juve. His stint at Lyon hasn't been too bad but they steamroller every fucker else in the league every year. Cacapa was one of their star players for fucks sake :nufc:

Boumsong is always in the French national set up but that's because Domenech is a nutter who admits to picking his side based on star signs and the like.

He's an athlete, he's not a defender. Defenders should be able to win a tussle with Peter Crouch.

aload of shit about the national team. the manager might say he bases his team on that but i don't believe him. was he just lucky that all the best french players have the right star sign to be in the team?

Yes, so Domenech is openly making himself look like a complete fool on purpose :)

He dropped Pires, Mexes and Guily because of their star signs when he first got the job. The bloke is a fruit.

If you'd bothered to read what I said, i never actually said that you said taylor is the better player. ketsbaia was the one saying it

But love will break your heart. :D

Why quote Alex then?

He ended up playing for the reserves while at Juve. His stint at Lyon hasn't been too bad but they steamroller every fucker else in the league every year. Cacapa was one of their star players for fucks sake :nufc:

Yes, so Domenech is openly making himself look like a complete fool on purpose :)

He dropped Pires, Mexes and Guily because of their star signs when he first got the job. The bloke is a fruit.

2 of them are 34+ though aren't they?

Why quote Alex then?

because the first part of my comment was a reply to him

Why quote Alex then?

because the first part of my comment was a reply to him

The circle is squared...or summat.... :D

2 of them are 34+ though aren't they?

Nowadays, aye. He got the job 2004ish IIRC when Pires was one of the best wingers in Europe.

Boumsong didn't even look particularly comfortable in possession on top of everything else. Classic comment when Souness reckoned modern pitches were a nightmare for leggy players like Jean-Alain as well. The Peter Crouch thing was the icing on the cake though. Fuck me. Not that you'd solely judge a player on that but it summed him up. The mis-kick was bad but given where Crouch got the ball/his lack of pace etc. he still had a lot to do. Until Boumsong rugby tackled him.