Joey Barton

Tooj

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether you rate him or not he's a bit different to Butt and Nolan.

barton is really supposed to be a mixture of what nolan and butt are supposed to be though isnt he? so i can see kid dynamites point. still i would rather have barton as nolan is shit and butt is too old

barton is really supposed to be a mixture of what nolan and butt are supposed to be though isnt he? so i can see kid dynamites point. still i would rather have barton as nolan is shit and butt is too old

Butt and Nolan are different, so I can't see his point. Unless he means they're all shit <_< I think Barton's the best midfielder we've got though tbf, even if he hasn't done it for us often enough.

Butt and Nolan are different, so I can't see his point. Unless he means they're all shit <_< I think Barton's the best midfielder we've got though tbf, even if he hasn't done it for us often enough.

i agree he is the best midfielder at the club and there all shit.

what i am trying to say is for me barton is meant to be a mixture of the two, good in the tackle and at breaking up play like butt, but can also get forward and make goals and score goals like nolan is supposed to do. This might be what kid dynamite means too.

When is he due back anyway? Barton, maybe that fat fucker nolan can get kicked out the team then

i agree he is the best midfielder at the club and there all shit.

what i am trying to say is for me barton is meant to be a mixture of the two, good in the tackle and at breaking up play like butt, but can also get forward and make goals and score goals like nolan is supposed to do. This might be what kid dynamite means too.

When is he due back anyway? Barton, maybe that fat fucker nolan can get kicked out the team then

You'd have to ask him what he meant but I assume he meant they're all the same. If he meant a hybrid he should have said that :icon_lol:

barton gets about the field more than either of the 2 mentioned players. his passing is better. he's more mobile.

all of this depends upon whether he's match fit of course. which he hasn't been for most of the time he's been here.

Apart from a few decent games when Keegan changed things at the back end of last season Barton's done very little for us so far like. Yet I'd make him a certain starter in CM with evrybody fit, which just goes to show how average our squad is really.

Same here, he isn't the player he was at Man City, he isn't anything special by any means but I'd prefer him to Nolan and certainly to Butt. Guthrie's fit/nearly fit now isn't he? I think I'd rather Guthrie and Barton if fit. Bad bunch of central midfielder nonetheless and Nolan is already looking like yet another poor, spent force style signing to go with the likes of Smith, Duff, Geremi, Butt, Cacapa, Viduka etc etc

Same here, he isn't the player he was at Man City, he isn't anything special by any means but I'd prefer him to Nolan and certainly to Butt. Guthrie's fit/nearly fit now isn't he? I think I'd rather Guthrie and Barton if fit. Bad bunch of central midfielder nonetheless and Nolan is already looking like yet another poor, spent force style signing to go with the likes of Smith, Duff, Geremi, Butt, Cacapa, Viduka etc etc

Pretty much bang on. I like Guthrie btw, I think his lack of mobility lets him down though. He's good on the ball and he never hides, which is something that I always like in a player.

Aye Barton/Guthrie would be my first choice pair as well. No doubt Nolan will get picked ahead of Guthrie though.

Which is typical of the last few years at this club, Favoring a more experienced (and usually more expensive/higher earner) player over potentially good players like Guthrie. Nolan will be played as much to justify his signing as anything else.

I used to rate Nolan but he never had the right mentality to go beyond the promising Bolton midfielder he once was and as usual, it is only when it has become blatantly apparent that he will never reach his potential we come in and snap him up, rather than coming in for him when he was young and attempting to develop him.

It was quite telling that most of the Bolton fans seemed glad to be shot of Nolan, and that (as you say) he'd been nothing special at all for two seasons. Several said he'd go through the motions much of the time, but pop up with the odd goal which bought him credit. He doesn't look as fit as he should be to me, which is a bad sign in a player of his age. He could knuckle down of course but I doubt Kinnear, who has a reputation for being lax when it comes to his players' fitness, is the right manager for a lad like Nolan.

It was quite telling that most of the Bolton fans seemed glad to be shot of Nolan, and that (as you say) he'd been nothing special at all for two seasons. Several said he'd go through the motions much of the time, but pop up with the odd goal which bought him credit. He doesn't look as fit as he should be to me, which is a bad sign in a player of his age. He could knuckle down of course but I doubt Kinnear, who has a reputation for being lax when it comes to his players' fitness, is the right manager for a lad like Nolan.

He's had fitness issues for a while now, didn't he fall out with Sammy Lee over this issue? I can only see him going down the Damian Duff route now, unfit with the stamina of a pensioner by the age of 28.

Edited by TicTacWoe

He's had fitness issues for a while now, didn't he fall out with Sammy Lee over this issue? I can only see him going down the Damian Duff route now, unfit with the footballing equivelent of a pensioner by the age of 28.

Wouldn't surprise me. I've already come across more than one anecdotal account of his fondness for chucking lager down his neck. Plus he looks like a pisshead which is enough for me if he's shite <_<

Speaking of which, there's more rumours in the Mirror about Wise leaving at the end of the season.

...which is just about the only good news we've had all season. And somewhat soured by the suggestion that Kinnear will get the gig <_<

Speaking of which, there's more rumours in the Mirror about Wise leaving at the end of the season.

...which is just about the only good news we've had all season. And somewhat soured by the suggestion that Kinnear will get the gig <_<

Incredibly frustrating in light of what's gone on in relation to KK as well. Although I'll believe it when I see it.

Absolutely maddening that they'll reign in Wise for Kinnear but wouldn't for Keegan.

I'm more inclined to believe some of the rumours than I was last year I must say. I took most of the stuff I read last summer to be groundless shit-stirring, but the general consensus about growing tensions between Wise and Keegan (among other things) turned out to be pretty accurate.

I'm having this story because I so much want it to be true - the Wise bit anyway <_<

Theres a reason the mighty Pompey and Bolton are after him. Il let you apologise when hes played a few more games

<_< It's ok, I'm still smarting after you told me Taylor was better than Bassong.

If you had been to the Sunderland away match you would have said the same. He was horrendous. I have conceded that hes now our best CB though. It seems to me that even though Taylor has played a few good games people are eager for him to mess up cos its cool to dislike him

Theres a reason the mighty Pompey and Bolton are after him. Il let you apologise when hes played a few more games

<_< It's ok, I'm still smarting after you told me Taylor was better than Bassong.

If you had been to the Sunderland away match you would have said the same. He was horrendous. I have conceded that hes now our best CB though. It seems to me that even though Taylor has played a few good games people are eager for him to mess up cos its cool to dislike him

I saw the game and thought he was fine defensively but not very good going forward. As he's never been the most technically sound IMO. Especially when playing out of position at full-back. He keeps things simple which is why I like him.