Wigan v Newcastle

The Mighty Hog

We only got to play 3 of the 4 minutes of injury time.

46186[/snapback]

How the feck does a ref get away with saying a minimum of 4 mins added time and then, just as we throw the ball into their box he blows up for full time with only 93:18 on the clock

Regardless of how shite some of the team played (Shola I'm feckin pointing at you again) there must be some censure to a ref who has blatantly cheated

Ball over the line, penalty shout, offside are all opinions and that's how refs get away with making fuck up decisions, but timekeeping is actual, its fact, its indisputeable

I wonder what would have happened if it had been Man U and the ref had blown up early - he'd probably be propping up a motorway fly-over by now but Souness just lies down, rolls over and lets them shit on his face -

I think it is worth taking an FA rap, if for nothing else then at least to say what every Toon fan was screaming !!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, Souness knows he is just keeping the seat warm, there's no passion, no belief and certainly no pride in the man.

46316[/snapback]

i'm sorry im no fan of Souness like most people but to say the man has no passion is just ridiculous

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We only got to play 3 of the 4 minutes of injury time.

46186[/snapback]

In my opinion, Souness knows he is just keeping the seat warm

46316[/snapback]

Starting to think that myself as well. Next Sunday will be the final nail when we fail to beat the Mackems when they show what a six million pound outfit with a decent manager who knows something about tactics can do.

In my opinion, Souness knows he is just keeping the seat warm, there's no passion, no belief and certainly no pride in the man.

46316[/snapback]

i'm sorry im no fan of Souness like most people but to say the man has no passion is just ridiculous

46317[/snapback]

Yup, you can say hes a shite tactician and he is, say he makes ridiculous substitutions and he does but to say the man has no passion is toss. Im no fan but I wholeheartedly believe that he lives and breathes that job, that he desperately wants us to do well but he just isnt good enough.

Sorry to post now. I saw the game on telly but couldn't email until today.

I thought this would happen, predictable. As had been said on here, i thought we did well to keep to a 0-1 defeat as Wigan had key ingredients we really lacked:

i) A workable game plan.

I could see no real pattern to our play, no obvious tactics where you can tell that the manager has told the players certain moves, runs, etc. Commonly called TACTICS.

ii) A real desire to show for each other, to try and be available for the man on the ball. And to track back and cover, where was the midfield when Francis waltzed through and Boumsong went for another walk about leaving Taylor to decide, do i close the man down or mark Roberts?

iii) Confidence in the managers decisions and each other that they can actually get a result.

iv) Actual individual footbal intelligence, the ability to improvise if your 1st plan goes nowhere.

We hoofed the ball up to Shearer who won a fair bit tbh. Did we profit from it? No. Either his knock down's were misdirected or Owen's runs were well off, whatever, they didn't remotely click. They're not compatible. Did we try something different? Only Emre, wtf were the other players thinking the rest of the time? Do they actually believe they're own hype? They finished bottom half last season and look like doing it again.

v) Substituions, Ameobi was soooooo woeful, just unbelievably poor. If his form has been so this season, why expect him to suddenly play differently when under pressure?

No inspiration, no belief = no chance.

Normally i wouldn't think getting rid of Souness would help much at this stage of the season, i've changed my mind. It's easy to say, 'what good would it do to sack him now?' I ask this, 'what good does it do to keep him on?' If we can't find an ideal replacement now i'd ask John Carver to take over, loves the club, actaully has up-to-date coaching qualifications and most importantly, COULDN'T DO ANY WORSE.

That was a canny post until you suggested John Carver taking over :yes

46602[/snapback]

Carver's not at the club now, is he? If you're going to make an external appointment, I'm sure you can do better than that. :nufc:

46602[/snapback]

Carver's not at the club now, is he? If you're going to make an external appointment, I'm sure you can do better than that. :nufc:

46614[/snapback]

No, he's not at the club anymore.

46602[/snapback]

Carver's not at the club now, is he? If you're going to make an external appointment, I'm sure you can do better than that. :blush:

46614[/snapback]

46617[/snapback]

Haaaaaactually, what i'm suggesting is, he's cheap, passionate about the club and could be no worse. I suppose it's rhetorical suggestion if such a thing exists :nufc:

I know he's not here but FS is obviously not keen to employ anyone with proven talent.

46602[/snapback]

Carver's not at the club now, is he? If you're going to make an external appointment, I'm sure you can do better than that. :blush:

46614[/snapback]

46617[/snapback]

Haaaaaactually, what i'm suggesting is, he's cheap, passionate about the club and could be no worse. I suppose it's rhetorical suggestion if such a thing exists :nufc:

I know he's not here but FS is obviously not keen to employ anyone with proven talent.

46631[/snapback]

He's tried employing people with proven talent before, and it hasn't worked (e.g. Robson). He's tried employing a person who has proven he has no talent, and it didn't work (Souness). The next logical step is to employ someone who hasn't proven he has any talent or not (probably Shearer).