The Irish Fereday and Fenham Pele ruled out on saturday

Snake

Could be the best news we've had in ages!

does this mean zoggy gets to start in his preferred position??

What should happen

Duff out > Zoggy in

Ameobi out > Fat Aussie in (who is meant to be fit if rumours are to be believed)

What JFK Will do

Gutherie out wide with Cacapa coming into Centre Mid beside Butt

Andy Carroll in sholas bench spot beside zoggy

You don't think Kinnear's doing a canny job?

I wouldn't expect Viduka to be starting this game given how long he has been out for.

Possibly on the bench, especially given Shola and Duff are out but I can't see him starting either.

Could be the best news we've had in ages!

does this mean zoggy gets to start in his preferred position??

What should happen

Duff out > Zoggy in

Ameobi out > Fat Aussie in (who is meant to be fit if rumours are to be believed)

What JFK Will do

Gutherie out wide with Cacapa coming into Centre Mid beside Butt

Andy Carroll in sholas bench spot beside zoggy

Not sure I share your enthusiasm.

I'm no Shola lover, but at least he was match fit and was getting better with a run of games. The fat man hasn't kicked a ball in anger for us this season and the chances of us seeing one of his rare 'good days' are even more unlikely given how long he has been out.

Getting the Zog on the left will be nice though. He needs to seize the chance, thats for sure. Isn't his preferred position Centre Mid though (I'm not convinced it's his best position however)? If he played there (rather than the god-awful Cacapa) then Spidey could play left wing. Still leaves us with a problem for RW though. The prospect of Geremi doesn't fill me with feelings of joy...

Hopefully it means CNZ back in, but I wouldn't be surprised if he puts Geremi on the right and Jonas on the left.

i'd forgotten all about geremi...

bugger

That's why I mentioned him in my earlier post - he's part of the reason for my not sharing your enthusiasm :lol::o

while the duke hasn't played in a while..... didn't he used to play for the smoggies? if so, never underestimate the player trying to one up his old team.....fingers crossed anyway, i agree that a bigger problem is Kinnear being entrusted with the subs, it's like the man's off his meds

I don't wish injuries on toon players, but Duff out giving Zog a chance could work out well and i wouldn't have picked Shola ahead of the other strikers.

Also i'd definitely have Viduka on the bench and if its not going so well bring him on, players have a tendency to score past old clubs where the fans give them stick and as it'd be his first game this season i'd back him to sneak one against them.

Hopefully Zog in and Martins and Owen up front, give them something to think about.

Aye, for heaven's sake surely!

There is a true sense of Roderism in all this. I simply don't trust JK to to make adequate choices, looks like only time he will is when injury will force him, just like our good friend Glen during his "best spell" while he was our manager.

while the duke hasn't played in a while..... didn't he used to play for the smoggies? if so, never underestimate the player trying to one up his old team.....fingers crossed anyway, i agree that a bigger problem is Kinnear being entrusted with the subs, it's like the man's off his meds

It's not that or his fitness, it's that he is pretty quality, the problem is he has to be fit (or perhaps more not injured) and up for it.

That's one of the things I love about Keegan, very few managers would have played Owen, Martins and Viduka, but he did and it was very effective, shame they all didn't stay fit, we might be in a very different position if they had.