Looking increasingly like he hasn't paid off the debt.

Park Life

Thats a pretty big jump AP.

Why would you pay down player debt that is not subject to interest and is not due? It doesnt make sense.

Any chance to have a dig based on some tin pot rag.

If this was slating KK it would have been written off as lies already.

So was he right when he said he'd paid off all the debt, meaning he lied about owing on players?

Or was he right when he said there was still owing on players, meaning he lied about paying off the all debt?

He can't be both. :finger:

Ashley Statement 14 Sept 2008:

But like any business with assets the club has debts. I paid £134 million out of my own pocket for the club. I then poured another £110 million into the club not to pay off the debt but just to reduce it. The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees. I shall be paying out many more millions over the coming year to pay for players bought by the club before I arrived.

This really is a non story. Written by some Mackem journo looking to deflect attention away from Keane. You lot are too easy.

So he was lying when he said he paid off all the debts then. ;)

(assuming he isn't lying now, of course :rolleyes: )

Surely you should have worked that out in September? If he ever said it was in the first place.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you pay down player debt that is not subject to interest and is not due? It doesnt make sense.

So was he right when he said he'd paid off all the debt, meaning he lied about owing on players?

Or was he right when he said there was still owing on players, meaning he lied about paying off the all debt?

He can't be both. :finger:

But like any business with assets the club has debts. I paid £134 million out of my own pocket for the club. I then poured another £110 million into the club not to pay off the debt but just to reduce it. The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees. I shall be paying out many more millions over the coming year to pay for players bought by the club before I arrived.

This really is a non story. Written by some Mackem journo looking to deflect attention away from Keane. You lot are too easy.

(assuming he isn't lying now, of course :rolleyes: )

Surely you should have worked that out in September? If he ever said it was in the first place.

are you the same dimwit who was a boring pain in the arse a few months ago and was banned ?

He can't be both. :rolleyes:

Agreed, amazingly.

Straight lie.

He can't be both. ;)

(assuming he isn't lying now, of course :finger: )

are you the same dimwit who was a boring pain in the arse a few months ago and was banned ?

:rolleyes:

Even Mort lied to us

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...yne-460911.html

"We did the typical due diligence one would do on a public takeover"

bunch of cunts the lot of them.

Mort was Ashleys mouthpiece number 1 and nothing else.

Looks like it

I honestly cannot understand how any Newcastle fan can believe a single word from any of them

He can't be both. ;)

(assuming he isn't lying now, of course :finger: )

It doesn't matter, its irrelevant when he's lied, just he's clearly lied one way or another.

And as he has clearly lied (as both can't be true), nothing he says can be taken as gospel - he's a liar damned by his own words. :rolleyes:

Edited by Fop

Even Mort lied to us

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...yne-460911.html

"We did the typical due diligence one would do on a public takeover"

bunch of cunts the lot of them.

Mort was Ashleys mouthpiece number 1 and nothing else.

Looks like it

I honestly cannot understand how any Newcastle fan can believe a single word from any of them

My understanding is that Mort parted company because he didnt like the way the club was moving. I also heard that he had to come back personally a while ago to force them to pay the money the club owed Freshfields for his work. Tight arsed cunt that Ashley is he didnt even have the decency to pay the bloke who sorted all his shit out. (allegedly)

Ashley:

"There is still £27m net to pay on transfers that were done before I came. So probably in the latter years before we came in you could argue that the club was beginning to lose its way. It had also already taken upfront payments from commerical deals and sponsorships which didn't help us at all. It seemed as though the club was in a very downward sprial, one it would have found very hard to come out of." Guardian.

Ah! So we do have debt?

What happened to all the debt free quotes from 2 months ago??

I seriously doubt he has pumped 100m in to reduce debt.

It is more like 30/40m.

Edited by Park Life

This is priceless.....people are just making up numbers now.

I have still yet to see a quote from Ashley saying that he had paid down all of the clubs debt including player payments.

Fuck me.

I have still yet to see a quote from Ashley saying that he had paid down all of the clubs debt including player payments.

Fuck me.

What has he tagged onto the asking price then?

You're naive beyond bounds man. :rolleyes:

He's a scam artist, it's well know in the city.

Fuck me.

No hes not and the insinuation that he is, is actionable.

Fuck me.

No hes not and the insinuation that he is, is actionable.

Action it fucker! :finger:

I know who you are mate.

Ashley:

"It seemed as though the club was in a very downward sprial, one it would have found very hard to come out of." Guardian.

Whereas now we're hitting the giddy feckin heights.

Cheers Mike, now fuck off

By Ben Bland, Online City Reporter

Last Updated: 1:40AM BST 27 Apr 2007

Audio: Richard Fletcher on why it could end in tears

Sports Direct IPO adviser does U-turn

Sports Direct falls after 'aggressive pricing'

Mike Ashley: The reclusive billionaire

10 questions for Mike Ashley

Sports Direct International , which owns the Sports World retail chain and the landmark Lillywhites store in Piccadilly Circus, has come under fire again after it issued a trading update that "raises more questions than it answers" and leaves the company's impressive growth story "in tatters" according to one City analyst.

The statement, which seemed designed to reassure investors that the company had its financial situation under control, has instead fostered confusion and uncertainty, sending the shares tumbling by 15p, or 6.5pc, to 221p.

Sports Direct, which is the UK's largest sports retailer in revenue terms, has disappointed investors since it was floated on the stock market at 300p in March by billionaire founder Mike Ashley.

Questions have also been raised about the way Sports Direct deals with investors, with finance director Bob Mellors absent from meetings with analysts and the company sacking its public relations advisers soon after the IPO."

He is well used dressing up his little offerings and deals.

Be aware DANNY we don't mind a bit of banter and gawd knows some distraction is needed. But there is no need to try and talk down to us as if we can't articulate a good debate or answer for ourselves. You don't want me all up in your shit.

Innit. :rolleyes: