Kevin Phillips

LeazesMag

would have been a top quality "squad" player ..... and dare i say it may have also got a few games on merit ..... for what portion of 50m quid ... rather than whinge on about having a [self inflicted] small squad .....

There are plenty others about. Wigan proved that yesterday.

There were a few strikers going on the cheap (or relatively) who could have strengthened us in that area where we are week and not left us with the depressing site of Shola and Shearer in tandem which does nothign for the team or either player concerned.

So Owen, Luque, Emre, Parker and Solano in the summer wasn't enough for you eh? :yes

46522[/snapback]

Our current out and out strikers stand at:

Owen (risk of injury)

Shearer (nearly finished and retiring)

Shola (not close to good enough)

Chopra (not good enough)

It was clear when Bellamy and Kluivert were kicked out that we'd be lacking in proven strikers and we still are.

So Owen, Luque, Emre, Parker and Solano in the summer wasn't enough for you eh? :yes

46522[/snapback]

sorry but I didn't realise that Luque, Emre, Parker and Solano were strikers with a proven premiership goalscoring record availabe for 1 - 2 million quid.

Or that Hameobi was doing such a good job that a 3rd striker wasn't necessary

I bet you were one of those who said a year ago that Hameobi would replace Shearer weren't you ?

Edited by LeazesMag

It was clear when Bellamy and Kluivert were kicked out that we'd be lacking in proven strikers and we still are.

46525[/snapback]

Surely, you cant be serious? I agree with this thread but to turn around the Kluivert bit and make it into a "bastard Souness kicked out Geordie legend Paddy" statement is going a bit far!

For Paddy see : Lazy, fat shite.

Surely, you cant be serious? I agree with this thread but to turn around the Kluivert bit and make it into a "bastard Souness kicked out Geordie legend Paddy" statement is going a bit far!

46538[/snapback]

Would you rather have him or Ameobi on the pitch? Because that's the choice as soon as someone's injured.

The fact we didn't make a move for Forssell at the money he went for (3m?) is a bloody joke. I understand he's an injury risk but he is top quality.

46525[/snapback]

46538[/snapback]

Kluivert who scored 1 in every 2 games he played and set up a few goals against Shola who scores about 1 in every season he plays...tough choice!

46538[/snapback]

Would you rather have him or Ameobi on the pitch? Because that's the choice as soon as someone's injured.

The fact we didn't make a move for Forssell at the money he went for (3m?) is a bloody joke. I understand he's an injury risk but he is top quality.

46553[/snapback]

Agreed, but is maybe a direct consequence of putting ourselves in a position whereby we pay over the odds for some of the players we have bought...hence having little money left [or a debt?] and hence also a self inflicted thin squad of players.

Good management of money - not.

I won't even go down the road, again, of selling players you shouldn't .. the whole place is a shambles ........

I bet you were one of those who said a year ago that Hameobi would replace Shearer weren't  you ?

46534[/snapback]

What leads you to jump (wrongly) to that conclusion?

I've never thought Shola was good enough to be our number 9. And for the record I think Souness has had his chance, but I don't see the point of getting rid of him nine games into the season unless we have someone lined-up who is guaranteed to be interested in coming here and guaranteed to do better. Who fits into that catergory?

I don't think Shepherd is the perfect chairman either but I do find it churlish to moan that we haven't signed a back-up striker after he spent the best part of £40 million on five quality players in the summer. Who is to say who we might or might not buy to fill that role in January? To think that you can have everything you want when you want is the mind-set of a spoilt child.

I bet you were one of those who said a year ago that Hameobi would replace Shearer weren't  you ?

46534[/snapback]

why did you leave out my own answer to your own sarcastic question ?

I've never thought Shola was good enough to be our number 9. And for the record I think Souness has had his chance, but I don't see the point of getting rid of him nine games into the season unless we have someone lined-up who is guaranteed to be interested in coming here and guaranteed to do better. Who fits into that catergory?

this has been done to death, but for the record I don't care who takes fuckwits place, he's an incompetent buffoon who has destroyed the heart of the football club, and sold our best player for peanuts just because he correctly called him a "prick". Almost anyone within reason would do a better job than Souness, who is quite simply the joint biggest most despiseable tosser to have ever managed this club in the 42 years I've supported it, side by side with Bill McGarry.

I don't think Shepherd is the perfect chairman either but I do find it churlish to moan that we haven't signed a back-up striker after he spent the best part of £40 million on five quality players in the summer. Who is to say who we might or might not buy to fill that role in January? To think that you can have everything you want when you want is the mind-set of a spoilt child.

46862[/snapback]

If fuckwit hadn't put us in the position of telling the whole world how desperate we were to buy players, and get rid of the ones who upset his poor little feelings, we may have got them for proper prices and had money left to buy other good players to raise the overall quality of the squad as a whole, like the one he took over, the one that qualified for europe 3 years on the trot and reached the 2nd phase of the Champions League.

46525[/snapback]

46538[/snapback]

Kluivert who scored 1 in every 2 games he played and set up a few goals against Shola who scores about 1 in every season he plays...tough choice!

46659[/snapback]

Yes, but because Kluivert was able to do all this with very little movement and atleast Ameobi runs around like a headless chicken it means that Kluivert is a foriegn mercenary.

My original question was genuine, it was your answer that was sarcastic.

Would you mind running past me how you came to the conclusion that I thought Shola was a suitable replacement for Shearer this time please?

Why would I want to quote your entire post btw, its only 6 or 7 posts above?

I've read it, you've read it and anyone else who wants to read it will have seen it.

My original question was genuine, it was your answer that was sarcastic.

Would you mind running past me how you came to the conclusion that I thought Shola was a suitable replacement for Shearer this time please?

it was a sarcastic answer to what I thought was a sarcastic question/answer !

I've no beef with Shepherd at all, for backing his managers, he has always been top class in this respect, I've always said this, even before he splashed the 50m quid he's allowed Souness to spend on players.

Fact is, Souness made the decision to sell or kick out 2 forwards. Souness then took the decision to buy 2 midfield players, and leave us a week before the transfer deadline in the serious position of only having one forward to go through until January.

As if underselling players you want out isn't bad enough, we were now in a position whereby everyone knew we were desperate for forwards ? Whose fault was that ?

The simple point is, you have to spend your money well, and like anything, you have to pay the right price. Spending 25m quid on 2 forwards ..... well as good as Owen is, I'm sure we could have bought another couple of forwards as good top cover, if we had played our own cards a bit better and exercised better judgement, don't you agree ? For instance, Phillips, Forssel, Cole as mentioned, for relatively small amounts. Oh, Andy Cole, nah Souness won't have him in his team will he. Deja Vue or what.

Why would I want to quote your entire post btw, its only 6 or 7 posts above?

I've read it, you've read it and anyone else who wants to read it will have seen it.

46877[/snapback]

Well, I answered your question. My last post was as I said, just pointing you back to the fact that you only answered the bit of mine that suited you most.

Can you appreciate the irony in you accusing me of only answering the bits of your post that suit me, whilst you've dodged the question of why you think I'm a fan of Ameobi twice now?  :yes

46890[/snapback]

Blimey...i told you twice it was a sarcastic reply to your presumed sarcastic post !

[ie i realise now you don't and it wasn't]

Now I've explained to you my reasoning behind me not being entirely happy with our summer buys or how he spent his money

46534[/snapback]

46862[/snapback]

What i feel sure of is that no one could do worse than Souness, even Mike Bassett so i'd go for a change.

Nobody can guarentee anything, all you can do is look at their past performance to predict their future one. Souness has done f**k all in the league last season, has picked up where he left off this season and has never done anything in the league at Liverpool or Southampton either. I don't conside getting Blackburn promoted a tremendous acheivment.

If he need's to have his expensive players on to get a result then he's nothing more than a cheque book manager.

Nothing can be acheived by keeping him so give someone else a chance if only for the rest of the season, they couldn't do anyworse.

Kluivert should never have left. 1 goal in every 2 games spoke for itself. I'd rather take Kluivert/Bellamy than Owen/Shearer tbh.

He was hard done by. Fuckwit didn't know how to manage him mind you has he done much at Valencia?

Kluivert should never have left.  1 goal in every 2 games spoke for itself.  I'd rather take Kluivert/Bellamy than Owen/Shearer tbh.

He was hard done by.  Fuckwit didn't know how to manage him mind you has he done much at Valencia?

47096[/snapback]

He's been constantly injured since he got there. Ring any bells?

Kluivert should never have left.  1 goal in every 2 games spoke for itself.  I'd rather take Kluivert/Bellamy than Owen/Shearer tbh.

He was hard done by.  Fuckwit didn't know how to manage him mind you has he done much at Valencia?

47096[/snapback]

Even when you take into consideration Bellamy and Kluivert spend half their time on the sidelines?